PDA

View Full Version : Stabbings at Pittsburgh HS

tod evans
04-09-2014, 06:46 AM
SSRI's???

Suspect in custody after reports of multiple stabbings at Pennsylvania high school

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/09/suspect-in-custody-after-reports-multiple-stabbings-at-pennsylvania-school/

Up to six people were stabbed at a high school near Pittsburgh and one person is in custody early Wednesday, emergency officials say.

Dan Stevens, spokesman for Westmoreland County emergency management, said the suspect is in custody at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville, roughly 15 miles east of Pittsburgh.

"A critical incident has occurred at the high school," a message on the school district's website reads. "All elementary schools are cancelled, the middle school and high school students are secure. Additional information will be released as soon as possible. Please keep our campus clear of traffic."

It's unclear if the suspect and the victims are students, adults, or a mix of both. Stevens said it doesn't appear any of the victims suffered life-threatening injuries.

A person may have ran through the school slashing or puncturing students with a knife or other sharp object, according to early reports cited by The Associated Press.

School officials did not immediately return calls seeking comment. Parents have been notified and may pick up their children at the school.

FindLiberty
04-09-2014, 09:08 AM
Ban sharpened #2 pencils?

Ban those God-awful psychotropic medications!

I also like the idea of allowing teachers and staff to CC.

Closing the public schools permanently would also be a big improvement and completely solve all safety issues too..

moostraks
04-09-2014, 09:20 AM
Crazy people are going to find a means to accomplish what they are driven to accomplish and yet the psych industry in collusion with government agencies believes we can create a safe society by eliminating certain items. They have no concern for the results of their actions or the ridiculousness that we can make society "safe". Until we all live in a bubble, alone and naked, there will always be a way to cause harm to others.

jbauer
04-09-2014, 10:06 AM
It was an assault knife I just know it. Dang thing had a sharp blade and a pointy end. Plus you can stab upwards of 30 times prior to reloading it.

aGameOfThrones
04-09-2014, 11:18 AM
It was an assault knife I just know it. Dang thing had a sharp blade and a pointy end. Plus you can stab upwards of 30 times prior to reloading it.

There should be a law to limit the capacity, like max 7 stabs.

chudrockz
04-09-2014, 11:20 AM
CNN is now reporting TWENTY wounded. :(

RJB
04-09-2014, 11:24 AM
Ban sporks. They are the gateway knife.

aGameOfThrones
04-09-2014, 11:26 AM
Schools like to be like prisons in every way.

Constitutional Paulicy
04-09-2014, 11:35 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ycssKKuilEk&feature=youtube_gdata

Constitutional Paulicy
04-09-2014, 11:39 AM
Let me guess. SSRIs.

Tod
04-09-2014, 11:43 AM
sticking your hand out to shake will now be considered a "stabbing motion" and will result in mandatory expulsion and quite possibly felony terrorism charges.

http://abcnews.go.com/US/stabbings-reported-franklin-regional-high-school-pennsylvania/story?id=23253018

Nirvikalpa
04-09-2014, 12:34 PM
Not all 20 injured were stabbed. 4 had serious wounds but as of now no one has life-threatening wounds.

Warrior_of_Freedom
04-09-2014, 12:47 PM
limiting the capacity isn't the answer, ban the number of violent thoughts to 2 per week

aGameOfThrones
04-09-2014, 02:38 PM
limiting the capacity isn't the answer, ban the number of violent thoughts to 2 per week

Excluding cops.

Anti Federalist
04-09-2014, 04:09 PM
You guys are pikers.

Ban boys.

That's right.

At age five, just lock them up in prison.

That's where we're all going anyways.

tod evans
04-09-2014, 04:12 PM
You guys are pikers.

Ban boys.

That's right.

At age five, just lock them up in prison.

That's where we're all going anyways.

:eek:

http://bcdownload.gannett.edgesuite.net/desmoines/35546125001/201402/137/35546125001_3164137697001_video-still-for-video-3163969266001.jpg?pubId=35546125001

Pericles
04-09-2014, 04:41 PM

Like they do in the UK, where you have to be 18 to buy a knife. Paging Mr. Morgan the sanctimonious Limey .....

Suzanimal
04-09-2014, 04:59 PM
Like they do in the UK, where you have to be 18 to buy a knife. Paging Mr. Morgan the sanctimonious Limey .....

I would feel safer.

RJB
04-09-2014, 05:09 PM
:eek:

http://bcdownload.gannett.edgesuite.net/desmoines/35546125001/201402/137/35546125001_3164137697001_video-still-for-video-3163969266001.jpg?pubId=35546125001
http://kadmusarts.com/food/wp-content/uploads/2008/11/testiclefestival.jpg

http://gapersblock.com/drivethru/TurkeyTesticleFestival.jpg

Try some :)

DamianTV
04-09-2014, 05:59 PM
Govt Solution: Register or Ban all knives with pointy tips. Maybe put RFID Chips in them so they are only "sharp" when in the presence of an authorized user. Maybe go the way of the UK and ban all knives with pointy tips and require all knives to have rounded tips. Confiscate all knives. Put children on more medication. Put more armed cops in schools. Put GPS trackers on Students and Knives. Put in more metal detectors. Increase Zero Tolerance. Put up Barbed Wire Fences. Force children to attend schools butt-ass naked so they cant hide anything from anyone. Pass more laws.

Every Govt solution to the problem is gonna be worse than the real problem itself: Govt Solutions.

Schools have become an Institution not only of Indoctrination, but one of absolute FEAR. How will these children think when they grow up? Will they react the way they are taught to react, out of FEAR, and demand that not only knives, but #2 pencils and Sporks also be completely outlawed? The expected response of FEAR only supports increasing the power of the Status Quo.

Ecolibertarian
04-09-2014, 06:01 PM
Does this only happen here? Or do we not hear about stabbings in France?

GunnyFreedom
04-09-2014, 06:15 PM
Does this only happen here? Or do we not hear about stabbings in France?

No, and it gets significantly worse the deeper you go into gun ban territory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chenpeng_Village_Primary_School_stabbing

On 14 December 2012 between 7 and 8 a.m. local time, a 36-year-old villager identified as Min Yongjun[2] stabbed 24 people, including 23 children and an elderly woman,[3] in a knife attack at Chenpeng Village Primary School (simplified Chinese: 陈棚村完全小学; traditional Chinese: 陳棚村完全小學; pinyin: Chénpéng Cūn Wánquán Xiǎoxué[note 1]), Wenshu Township, Guangshan County, Henan province, China.
Same day as Sandy Hook.

LibForestPaul
04-09-2014, 06:30 PM
Luckily, people do not know how to use knives in fights. Slashing requires serious blood loss, stabbing requires special blade, if I recall.

heavenlyboy34
04-09-2014, 07:34 PM
Luckily, people do not know how to use knives in fights. Slashing requires serious blood loss, stabbing requires special blade, if I recall.
I'm a swordsman and I'd like to know what you mean by this. :confused: Slashing and stabbing both cause serious blood loss if done properly, and the only thing "special" about stabbing blades is the sharp tip.

RJB
04-09-2014, 08:00 PM
I'm a swordsman and I'd like to know what you mean by this. :confused: Slashing and stabbing both cause serious blood loss if done properly, and the only thing "special" about stabbing blades is the sharp tip.

With knife fighting it's usually easier with a sharp blade to slice the veins and arteries of the inner arms, throat, and inner thigh than to stab deep into the chest or abs. The heart and lungs are protected by the ribcage and the gut won't give you a guaranteed kill. The brachial artery is a foot and a half closer than a body stab as well and the arms are usually instinctively flung out towards the man with the blade.

As far as special knife tips, I'm a bit confused as well.

kcchiefs6465
04-09-2014, 08:06 PM
And the weight and balance of the blade.

Speaking about swords, of course. (which is probably what the person you responded to was speaking about)

DamianTV
04-09-2014, 08:24 PM
http://cdn.paulkirtley.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/Harrys-Knife.jpg

UK has a law that all cullinary knives have rounded tips.

Problem is that it isnt that difficult to create a pointed tip anything. You end up with Shivs (prison improvised knife). You end up with Pen stabbings. Blunt object damage. Outlaw blunt objects too? The problem isnt that people get stabbed in school, the problems is treating students like Prisoners, then expecting them to behave in any way different than a Prisoner would.

jbauer
04-10-2014, 09:28 AM

Problem is that it isnt that difficult to create a pointed tip anything. You end up with Shivs (prison improvised knife). You end up with Pen stabbings. Blunt object damage. Outlaw blunt objects too? The problem isnt that people get stabbed in school, the problems is treating students like Prisoners, then expecting them to behave in any way different than a Prisoner would.

Sure looks like a sawed off knife to me. Felony, do not pass go do not collect 200 FRN's

moostraks
04-10-2014, 10:01 AM

I had this discussion with the psych industry after the state almost destroyed eldest daughter with rewarding her attention seeking behavior. They wanted us to put all objects that she could use to harm herself or others under lock and key. I informed them that was impossible because she would find something and turn it into a weapon, furthermore I could not keep her tied down to the house so she was free to find tools to turn into weapons or weapons themselves outside of my home. They finally shut up after she ran out one day and used a broken bottle she found on the street in one of her fits.

Funny thing is that she is no longer doing this extreme behavior now as she is an adult and she suffers the consequences instead of gaining something from it by making her parents the responsible parties for her actions. Go figure. If you hold the criminals accountable for their actions they often sober up. Whodda thunk that???