PDA

View Full Version : I Just Got My Dad To Donate!

Mental Dribble
11-30-2007, 07:07 PM
I called my father earlier today to try and convince him to donate (we share a lot of the same views) but he was not sure if he should because he likes Huck a lot. I gave him my best 3 minute pitch about how different they really are and he called me back tonight and I put a donation through for him over the phne for 50 bucks! I even got a screen shot of his donation!! Now I just need to get mine on the 16th so I can frame them both and have them signed. WOOHOO!!!

Thank you for your generous donation of $50.00!
Contribution received!

Thank you very much for your donation to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

You will receive an email shortly with a confirmation number.

OptionsTrader
11-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Awesome job!

hayeksrevenge
11-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Way to go.

davidt!
11-30-2007, 07:12 PM
Great job! I got my dad to switch from supporting Romney and also donating.

OptionsTrader
11-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Tell him that if he is starting to like Ron Paul's goals for the country, they are only achievable if we begin to do the opposisite of what Huck and the other candidates like him (on both sides of the isle) wish to do and drasticlly change the course of foreign wars, foreign assassinations, propping up foreign dictators, overthrowing elected governments, and building bases more than the existent 700 bases in 130 countries. If we do not pare back the military aggressiveness, it is going to bankrupt the people (ie fall of Roman empire), and the other things he may like about Ron Paul cannot be done with 10s of trillions of our treasure being wasted clinging to a world empire that makes us less safe and incites hatred.

Inform him that if he supports Huck, he is also supporting more of the same aggressive invasions that have lead to the quadrupling in the price of oil, making oil exporting countries rich. Heck, one of their government owned sovereign wealth funds bought 5% of Citigroup this week. Is that what the people of America want? To make oil producing nations richer, Americans poorer, and all the while pissing off the entire world, and losing our businesses to foreign investors that are rich from our war's effect on their commodity and the dollar is worth less every day, making our companies weaker and easier to purchase? if this keeps up, we will have nothing but 700 vacant bases in the world, that Chinese anthropologists and archaeologists will be studying in the future.

(Last trade: oil ~ $88.71)

http://www.oilnergy.com/hpix/2obrentm.gif

And supporting Huck also means continuing the unaffordable cost of this foolish empire building visible in the on-going collapse of the dollar, making him and his children feel poorer every day due to the inversely proportional effect on inflation of the money supply (excessive spending of borrowed money from countries like China) that this empire building has required, with a drop in the value of the dollar on the foreign exchange markets by around 38% since the beginning of Bush's neo-con "global war on terror" recent dollar price action in the market (note, the uSD index was at ~ 120 only 5 years ago) This is why he feels poorer with the same or even more money, because the government stole his wealth indirectly and without asking.

http://i3.tinypic.com/821gxnk.png

M3 money supply (a statistic the Fed will no longer tell you, has to be derived independently):
http://www.nowandfutures.com/key_stats.html

http://www.nowandfutures.com/images/m3b_long_term.png

KingTheoden
11-30-2007, 07:17 PM
Great work!

VicVixvi
11-30-2007, 07:20 PM
Great job MD! I wish my Dad were still alive to see the Ron Paul 2008 run. He was very pro-Goldwater and would have loved what Ron Paul has to say.

ClayTrainor
11-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Awesome man... that must be a great feeling, converting someone close to you like that.

I personally just donated way more than i should have, but meh... it's worth it!

Give the nov 30th, the boost it deserves :D

Mental Dribble
11-30-2007, 07:25 PM
It was a great feeling....

I was a bit hestitant to ask... but I am glad I did. If we all can make a few calls and get just one more person on board we can really rock this whole compaign. Not just tonight, but for the long haul.

I am going home tomorrow to put a huge 60 inch by 40 inch sign I printed onto the side of his work truck. VIVA LA REVOLUTION!

me3
11-30-2007, 07:40 PM
In the campaign training videos, they say that most people will vote if asked. The same probably goes for donating. You have nothing to lose, and everything to gain! :D

Liberty Star
11-30-2007, 08:05 PM
I called my father earlier today to try and convince him to donate (we share a lot of the same views) but he was not sure if he should because he likes Huck a lot. I gave him my best 3 minute pitch about how different they really are and he called me back tonight and I put a donation through for him over the phne for 50 bucks! I even got a screen shot of his donation!! Now I just need to get mine on the 16th so I can frame them both and have them signed. WOOHOO!!!

Thank you for your generous donation of $50.00!
Contribution received!

Thank you very much for your donation to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paulís candidacy.

You will receive an email shortly with a confirmation number.

Good job :)

max
11-30-2007, 08:51 PM
refer your dad to www.taxhikemike.com