PDA

View Full Version : Chris Matthews: Battle between Dick Cheney and Rand Paul is getting personal

jct74
04-08-2014, 08:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIsdFRDURIQ
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TIsdFRDURIQ

limequat
04-08-2014, 08:35 PM
Cliff notes?

jct74
04-08-2014, 08:38 PM
Cliff notes?

- Chris Matthews says he loves the fight in the Republican Party right now over the Iraq War.
- Joan Walsh says she is mildly surprised that Rand hasn't backtracked his remarks yet.
- Dana Milbank repeats the word "isolationist" over and over.

specsaregood
04-08-2014, 08:39 PM
LOL @ this fake battle manufactured by the left and the only people talking about it are on the left.

Danke
04-08-2014, 08:47 PM
I feel dumber.

jct74
04-08-2014, 08:48 PM
LOL @ this fake battle manufactured by the left and the only people talking about it are on the left.

It's funny because there wasn't anything new to the story between yesterday and today but Chris Matthews decided to do another story on it for the 2nd day in a row.

The comments by Liz Cheney and John Bolton were printed in Jennifer Rubin's column early in the day yesterday well before Hardball aired.

Brett85
04-08-2014, 08:53 PM
Most of the comments that I've seen on the conservative websites are actually taking Rand's side on this. It's just his immigration policy that they still don't like.

jtstellar
04-08-2014, 08:58 PM
well that was pretty fun.. i don't think i've seen matthews ever done 3 segments in a row stumping for the pauls or even just to speak in favor of them, not for ron even

Sentinelrv
04-08-2014, 10:51 PM
I wonder if this whole thing will give Jeb Bush second thoughts about running.

twomp
04-08-2014, 10:57 PM
Rand Paul vs. Chris Christie, Rand Paul vs. Ted Cruz, Rand Paul vs. Bill Clinton, Rand Paul vs. Dick Cheney. Thanks media for keeping Rand Paul in the news!

Vanguard101
04-09-2014, 01:45 AM
What if MSNBC secretly is endorsing Paul so they keep him incredibly relevant?

acptulsa
04-09-2014, 01:56 AM
Good. Taking a stand on the other side from the Master of the Dark Side Darth Cheney is all good by this point. Won't even harm him in the primaries.

- Dana Milbank repeats the word "isolationist" over and over.

Yeah, good luck with that tired tactic.

I don't know what msnbc is thinking with this, but it isn't that they're in any danger of getting Rand Paul elected or they wouldn't be doing it.

GENBC is not about electing anyone Dana Milbank could possibly label and 'isolationist'. Not good for business.

mrsat_98
04-09-2014, 04:22 AM
I feel dumber.

What do you expect from watching MSNBC.

KingNothing
04-09-2014, 07:02 AM
Rand Paul vs. Chris Christie, Rand Paul vs. Ted Cruz, Rand Paul vs. Bill Clinton, Rand Paul vs. Dick Cheney. Thanks media for keeping Rand Paul in the news!

And our guy CONTINUALLY wins!

Rand has balls, principles, and brains. He's built for politics.

KingNothing
04-09-2014, 07:05 AM

This certainly isn't a hit piece. They're basically praising Rand by saying he isn't evil like Cheney.

William R
04-09-2014, 01:23 PM
that's good stuff

Brian4Liberty
04-09-2014, 02:26 PM
It's ironic how they talk about Rand's "great timing" on this. So, a speech he made in 2009 before he even started running for office was timed for today?

This is all manufactured, and not by Rand.

Henry Rogue
04-09-2014, 02:29 PM
I feel dumber.
Watching "Hardball" has the same effect as hypoxia on the brain.

acptulsa
04-09-2014, 02:31 PM
This certainly isn't a hit piece. They're basically praising Rand by saying he isn't evil like Cheney.

It's ironic how they talk about Rand's "great timing" on this. So, a speech he made in 2009 before he even started running for office was timed for today?

There will be a great deal of blather about how Democrats like Rand Paul better than Republicans do. It's pretty obvious that they think this will nip Rand's bud in the primary. They learned from the last two cycles that they can stop a libertarian from winning the GOP nomination, and they have more faith in their ability to do that than to beat him in the general with yet another establishment warmongering Dixiecrat advertised as some kind of 'messiah'.

Our job is to keep asking Republicans if they want to win. If they do, ask them how they intend to do that without attracting swing voters.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-09-2014, 02:45 PM
What "battle"? MSNBC is full of it.

acptulsa
04-09-2014, 02:49 PM
What "battle"? MSNBC is full of it.

It's the battle to keep rank and file Republicans divorced from their true conservative principles lest they stop worrying about nations they can't even find on a map long enough to figure out that the things they believe in can fix this nation where it hurts--right here at home.

Or, to put it another way, yes. msnbc is full of it.

twomp
04-09-2014, 05:45 PM
It feels like they are at a point where their only choice is to say, "Hey Rand Paul is to "the left" of the GOP on certain issues." And of course the rank and file sheep in the GOP go nuts every time they hear the word "left" even though I bet if you were to ask them, "Hey do you want to go to war with Russia?, Do you want the government spying on you?", they would probably say no. Sheep will be sheep I guess.

KingNothing
04-09-2014, 06:38 PM
It feels like they are at a point where their only choice is to say, "Hey Rand Paul is to "the left" of the GOP on certain issues." And of course the rank and file sheep in the GOP go nuts every time they hear the word "left" even though I bet if you were to ask them, "Hey do you want to go to war with Russia?, Do you want the government spying on you?", they would probably say no. Sheep will be sheep I guess.

It isn't going to work, though. Not even on the sheep. All Rand has to do is trot out another Containment-style speech on radical Islam, and talk more about cutting Russia off as he previously recommended. Rand is too smart, his positions are too nuanced, and he's too willing to fight to be defeated by this nonsense.

KingNothing
04-10-2014, 07:28 AM

And it is helping him! There's nothing better than an attempted smear benefiting your candidate!

jtap
04-10-2014, 07:44 AM
Wow, that video was just a wall of noise saying nothing new over and over. blah blah blah cheeeenie blah blah blah cheeeenie

and ouch...that Maddow burn hurts; what a low blow by Liz. It's hard to get much lower than that. Maybe getting your talking points from Bill Maher or Peirs Morgan. :D