11-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Please erase this thread if already posted,

Thoughts on this, I think this will be the first time I'll ever watch the View,

It should get us some more exposure,

As good as Glen Beck or Hardball ??

tonyr1988
11-30-2007, 07:08 PM
As good as Glen Beck or Hardball ??

Personally, I don't think so. However, there's no doubt that this will reach tons of unexposed people.

Still, I don't think it's comparable to an entire hour (or two) worth of policy discussions on a news network. Also, they would be more publicized than Paul's appearance on the View will be.

10thAmendmentMan
11-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Could anyone with fewer testicles than me tell me at what point during the show Ron Paul is likely to come on (40 minutes into it, for example)? I'd rather not have to watch any more of that show than I have to.

aknappjr
12-03-2007, 12:40 AM
I think women will really like Dr. Paul after seeing him on this program.

noztnac
12-03-2007, 12:44 AM
I am not interested in watching it but it is a great idea. He really needs to branch out.

noztnac
12-03-2007, 12:45 AM
How about BET?

http://www.bet.com/

kushaze
12-03-2007, 12:47 AM
The View will be a terrific medium for Ron Paul. The View's core audience probably has not been exposed to Dr. Paul. Hopefully they ask him questions on issues that The View's core audience would want to hear, rather than ask all the same questions that every other media outlet asks Ron Paul. I think The View will be a refreshing change for everyone. I checked the show out once when O'Reilly was there promoting his book and everyone on the show seemed to hate O'Reilly, so this can only be good for Dr. Paul.

tesla23
I think it'll be a pretty good segment. They had a nice discussion on him after the debate back in May http://youtube.com/watch?v=D6SfmXigHpE

francisco
...I think this will be the first time I'll ever watch the View...

Better steel yourself with a highball first.

1town
12-03-2007, 01:36 AM
I think this will be the first time I'll ever watch the View

Had to watch when my favorite libertarians was on, Penn & Teller :)

JoeySweets
12-03-2007, 01:38 AM
Then again Maybe I'll just watch it when it shows up on YouTube,

Then I won't have to wait

ForLiberty-RonPaul
12-03-2007, 03:21 AM
Then again Maybe I'll just watch it when it shows up on YouTube,

Then I won't have to wait

this one i'll definitly wait for. it's like chickens in a blender.

xexkxex
12-03-2007, 03:24 AM
If you can..watch it.

The ratings increase will send the producers the message...

...we are here....and we are watching...Muaha..MUAh..MUAHaHhaHahaHahaaa

Cap
12-03-2007, 08:31 AM
This is good news, All the women in my family all watch "The View". This is a great way to get women nationally interested in Dr. Paul.

BLS
12-03-2007, 08:39 AM
And aren't we all wondering where the women supporters are??

They are about to be brought aboard.

Is the show today or tomorrow?

JMO
12-03-2007, 08:42 AM
Could anyone with fewer testicles than me tell me at what point during the show Ron Paul is likely to come on (40 minutes into it, for example)? I'd rather not have to watch any more of that show than I have to.

Funny you ask this question. I told my partner at work Ron Paul was going to be on the view and she said she watches the view every day. I told her I was going to set my alarm clock to watch him, she then told me the guest always comes on 20 minutes after the show starts. Use this info at your own risk.

10thAmendmentMan
12-03-2007, 08:44 AM
...she then told me the guest always comes on 20 minutes after the show starts. Use this info at your own risk.

Thanks!

LibertyEagle
And aren't we all wondering where the women supporters are??

They are about to be brought aboard.

Is the show today or tomorrow?

Tomorrow.

JMann
I have a feeling they are going to go after him hard about his position on abortion. He may get a few friendly questions to start but I bet they attack him on some of his comments made at the last debate. I would love it if they showed him respect but Paul should watch out for an ambush.

akovacs
12-03-2007, 08:45 AM
I think the interview will go down well. The one who will give the most trouble is most like to be the Bushie on there. I don't watch the show but I saw clips of her on youtube and she seems like a total moron. Can't wait to see Ron totally tear her apart.

akovacs
12-03-2007, 08:48 AM
I have a feeling they are going to go after him hard about his position on abortion. He may get a few friendly questions to start but I bet they attack him on some of his comments made at the last debate. I would love it if they showed him respect but Paul should watch out for an ambush.

I'm doubtful this will happen, at least not enough to get into an argument about. As long as he can explain state's rights well enough (and he can), I think he'll be fine. These gals aren't that feminist. Rosie might have given some trouble but she's gone now.

Just my 2 cents though. I don't watch the show.

JuniorNJ
12-03-2007, 08:52 AM
If I'm not mistaken, she is still out. I heard she had a baby recently and won't be there. I hope she is though. Ratings boost for the fight that will ensue!

I think the interview will go down well. The one who will give the most trouble is most like to be the Bushie on there. I don't watch the show but I saw clips of her on youtube and she seems like a total moron. Can't wait to see Ron totally tear her apart.

Kingfisher
12-03-2007, 08:58 AM
When and where?

OReich
12-03-2007, 09:00 AM
Maybe I'm being sexist, but hey, its The View: they're gonna bring up abortion.

Adamsa
12-03-2007, 09:02 AM
It'll probably be a personal interview.

akovacs
12-03-2007, 09:04 AM
They will bring up the war as well. I believe all of the except the Bushie are extreme anti-war and they like how outspoken he is about it. I think he can explain away the abortion in a way that while they may not agree with him, they can at least understand him and not be "OMG HE WANTS TO ENSLAVE WOMEN".

JMann
12-03-2007, 09:05 AM
I'm doubtful this will happen, at least not enough to get into an argument about. As long as he can explain state's rights well enough (and he can), I think he'll be fine. These gals aren't that feminist. Rosie might have given some trouble but she's gone now.

Just my 2 cents though. I don't watch the show.

At the very least Paul should be prepared and we can hope the ladies will try and keep the interview positive.

Mort
12-03-2007, 09:07 AM
If this happened, it would be the first time I watch the view as well. Ron Paul would do well as long as they talked foreign policy. Once he starts talking about getting rid of the IRS, dept of eduction, etc, he might start taking some heat.

werdd
12-03-2007, 09:28 AM

qft

tesla23
12-03-2007, 11:44 AM
Yea I'm pretty sure the air headed, blonde republican is out on maternity leave or something.

All4Paul
12-03-2007, 11:50 AM
When is this on??

thePhilosopher
12-03-2007, 11:55 AM
tomorrow.

yongrel
12-03-2007, 12:01 PM
Though abortion will definitely come up as a major topic, I think his being an obstetrician will work to his advantage. The woman on the show will at least know that he speaks from an informed position with years of experience, even if his position is contrary to theirs.

CurtisLow
12-03-2007, 12:04 PM
When and where?

Dec 04
Ron Paul on The View
ABC (check your local listings)
11:00 AM ET

Flirple
12-03-2007, 12:05 PM
He should go on with Carol so as to win brownie points. Woman love Carol.

Flirple
12-03-2007, 12:07 PM
When is this on??

It's on ABC tomorrow but it is not live so the time is up to your local station. It is usually on around 11am on the east coast but it varies locally I believe. Check your local listings.

empirenine
12-03-2007, 12:17 PM
I'm actually very optimistic about this. There is a HUGE following for this show. At least that little neo-con brat Elizabeth isn't on the show any more (I think).

Even if they grill him about abortion, he'll handle it well as he always handles it.

ClayTrainor
12-03-2007, 12:22 PM
I'm actually very optimistic about this. There is a HUGE following for this show. At least that little neo-con brat Elizabeth isn't on the show any more (I think).

Even if they grill him about abortion, he'll handle it well as he always handles it.

i agree man... I think the women will actually adore ron paul, he's a pretty sweet old man, and he has solid logic to defy any arguments they do have with him, and always handles it with grace unless attacked.

I wish that elizabeth chick was on so that he could make her look as dumb as she is.

He would obliterate her in an argument, lol.

tesla23
12-03-2007, 05:17 PM
Bump as a reminder

MRoCkEd
12-03-2007, 05:26 PM
I'll be at school
YALL BETTER YOUTUBE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

voytechs
12-03-2007, 05:32 PM
I hope he won't just say "I want to abolish the department of education" as he always does. People think he's against public schools, period. He needs to state it like, I would like to return control of our children's' education back to parents and local communities, etc, etc...

syborius
12-03-2007, 05:50 PM
I hope he won't just say "I want to abolish the department of education" as he always does. People think he's against public schools, period. He needs to state it like, I would like to return control of our children's' education back to parents and local communities, etc, etc...

I am with you 100%. I cringe each time he says that, because each and every time he will lose 90% of the potential democrat converts. It really is an awful thing to say, and just leads to more confusion. He needs to state cleary what his position is all about because people "really" are that stupid, and people think when he says this, there will be zero education, and we will be back in caveman times.

I can't believe for the life of me that the campaign and his advisors don't replay his appearances, and debates, and tell him to state that position more clearly. If he adds that the federal bureaucracy has very little bearing on what the state does we will all win. If he hammers home that federal taxes don't go back to the state for education we will all win. He needs to get much better in explaining these things if we are to win. His positions need to be stated in very populist terms, which they can be since they are all about restoring the constitution. :cool: