PDA

View Full Version : Family Calls St. Louis Police For Help w/ Mentally Ill Man ...

SeanTX
04-07-2014, 05:38 PM
and, you can guess the rest. Article leaves out that he's been charged with resisting arrest and assaulting an officer.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2014/04/07/it-made-me-sick-video-captures-police-repeatedly-striking-mentally-ill-man-in-violent-encounter/#comment-7156335

‘It Made Me Sick’: Video Captures Police Repeatedly Striking Mentally Ill Man in Violent Encounter
Apr. 7, 2014 6:30pm Oliver Darcy

A video that shows two Missouri police officers beating a man believed to be mentally ill has sparked a police investigation.

According to St. Louis Public Radio, Mario Crump’s family had called police for assistance on March 21 after they say he began acting erratically.

Footage shows officers striking the man and telling him to put his “motherf***ing” hands behind his back. The individual, who appeared to initially resist the instructions in the video, appears to eventually comply.

snip

Mike Keller, the executive director of a center for individuals with mental illness, told the St. Loius Post-Dispatch that Crump ultimately suffered two broken hands, six broken fingers and a head wound that required five staples to close.

“I looked at it and it made me sick,” he said, upon seeing the video.

St. Louis police chief Sam Dotson said he is determined to get to the bottom of the incident.

Both officers had reportedly taken courses teaching them how to interact with the mentally ill.

snip

tod evans
04-07-2014, 05:39 PM
Think of all the children they protected....

Anti Federalist
04-07-2014, 05:46 PM
you can guess the rest

No, I guessed wrong, I figured they just shot the poor bastard.

St. Louis police chief Sam Dotson said he is determined to get to the bottom of the incident.

Yeah, I'm sure you will chief...

"Policy was followed".

"Officer safety was ensured".

"Now, fuck off and move along, before we give you some of the same".

aGameOfThrones
04-07-2014, 06:27 PM
Better training? At least they didn't kill him.

LibertyEagle
04-07-2014, 06:31 PM
This isn't the first time around for ol tubby.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/hearing-officer-says-st-louis-cop-did-not-use-excessive/article_bba9d1c4-d201-5d39-8cb1-2f1ee946bc88.html

angelatc
04-07-2014, 07:39 PM
This isn't the first time around for ol tubby.

http://www.stltoday.com/news/local/metro/hearing-officer-says-st-louis-cop-did-not-use-excessive/article_bba9d1c4-d201-5d39-8cb1-2f1ee946bc88.html

From your link:
Proctor did violate department policy by using profanity while arresting Lacy, denying using obscene language to his bosses and failing to charge Lacy with resisting arrest.

Seems he used profanity again, but at least he learned to charge the suspect with resisting arrest.

. Lacy claimed Proctor assaulted him after Lacy taunted the officer about his weight.
Ronzio wrote that Lacy’s testimony was “inconsistent” and “not worthy of belief.”

Yeah, obviously nobody would taunt this guy about his weight.