PDA

View Full Version : IL-Woman gets DEA raid at 0500 after shopping for indoor gardening supplies

Anti Federalist
04-07-2014, 12:05 AM
Freedumb.

Woman experiences DEA raid at 5:00AM after shopping for indoor gardening supplies

http://www.policestateusa.com/2014/angela-kirking/

SHOREWOOD, IL — A woman became the subject of an investigation when she was observed shopping for indoor gardening supplies at a hydroponics store. Police and federal agents began staking out the woman’s home, sifting through her garbage, and monitoring her electricity usage. The investigation prompted gun-wielding agents to show up in her bedroom in the middle of the night.

The subject of this investigation was Angela Kirking, a 46-year-old artist who does face-painting for children at local fairs. She enjoys indoor gardening and grows a hibiscus plant for her consumption. She shops for fertilizer and supplies at a local shop called Midwest Hydroganics.

“They had a gun pointed at me when they said, ‘Are there any illegal substances in your house?’”

It so happened that police and the Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) had been staking out Midwest Hydroganics to attempt to bust citizens who grow unauthorized plants without government permission. Angela Kirking was witnessed exiting the store “carrying a green plastic bag containing unknown items” on September 17, 2013, the Shorewood Patch reported. The bag contained organic fertilizer for her hibiscus flowers.

Based only on the woman’s shopping habits, an investigation was launched that lasted nearly a month.

Police began spying on Kirking’s utility bills. They discovered that her electricity usage was “consistently higher” than her neighbors. Officers were then sent to sneak around the outside of her property at 4:15 a.m. to dig through her trash. According to The Shorewood Patch, the garbage-pickers reportedly found “multiple green plant stems” that smelled strongly of “green cannabis.”

This evidence was enough to make the police and prosecutors believe that her home may contain the forbidden cannabis plant. A few days later, a paramilitary team of plant enforcers was assembled to arrest Mrs. Kirking.

Police tacticians decided that the most effective way to arrest the artist would be to wake her up at 5:00 a.m. with gun-toting strangers in her bedroom. That’s what Mrs. Kirking awoke to on October 11th, 2013.

“They had a gun pointed at me when they said, ‘Are there any illegal substances in your house?’” Kirking recalled.

DEA agents and Shorewood police officers were standing over her bed. Apparently they had waited for her husband to leave for work at 4:50 a.m. and then made him let them in the home.

The Shorewood Patch reported that the agents confiscated her computer, some books, and a few grams of a plant that they claimed was marijuana. These crimes amounted to misdemeanor charges, and Mrs. Kirking was taken away in handcuffs.

Of course, the investigation was based on rubbish. Kirking’s attorney, Jeff Tomczak, is trying to get the search warrant voided because of its shaky pretexts.

Indoor gardeners are frequently the targets of police raids. John Kohler, an indoor gardening advocate who runs GrowingYourGreens.com, had his home invaded by police because he grew vegetables in his bathroom. A Kansas family who grew a garden in their basement suffered a no-knock raid under nearly the same pretexts as Mrs. Kirkling.

Anti Federalist
04-07-2014, 12:07 AM
http://www.policestateusa.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/SWAT.jpg

Nothing says freedom and liberty than getting woken up and frog marched around by these guys at oh-dark-thirty.

Just another day on the plantation.

aGameOfThrones
04-07-2014, 12:21 AM
"Hey, drugs are our business... and business is good." ~ police

Czolgosz
04-07-2014, 12:40 AM
Ha ha!

-Nelson

Weston White
04-07-2014, 01:03 AM
Hibiscus plants should be illegal, its blossom is additive!

http://cn1.kaboodle.com/img/c/0/0/14b/3/AAAADMxE9KIAAAAAAUs3Xg/santa-cruz-juice-hibiscus-cooler-organic-1-quart.jpg

KCIndy
04-07-2014, 01:05 AM
Thank God we've got these psychopathic Nazi Stormtroopers - err... uh... *ahem*... I mean, brave selfless heroes keeping the world safe from ....

HIBISCUS MADNESS!!

Jeez. We need a "facepalm" smiley.

Weston White
04-07-2014, 01:41 AM
Here is an animated and static one if forum admin is up for adding whichever to the list:

http://www.defendindependence.us/global_cloud/images/facepalm.gif

http://www.defendindependence.us/global_cloud/images/facepalm.png

FindLiberty
04-07-2014, 02:54 AM
The Kirkings brought this on themselves.

And when they came for the Hibiscus Lady, I did not speak up 'cause I'm a man...

specsaregood
04-07-2014, 04:38 AM
How many dollars were spent on this investigation?

FindLiberty
04-07-2014, 05:07 AM
I hope the Hibiscus plant lady does not have nightmares from her horrifc experience...

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/450660896343362268/3273D5FB7C85D079B2120F6FACD0FBE48B8A90C0/

JK/SEA
04-07-2014, 08:35 AM
''46 year old 'artist'...nuff said.

we all know artists are drug crazed demons from hell, and must be stopped for the sake of the........children.

next.

jbauer
04-07-2014, 09:39 AM
Maybe pot growers aren't smart, but I'm pretty sure an indoor pot grower would figure out a way to not buy stuff from the HYDROPONIC store front. Come on cops, if you want to shot fish in the barrel at least so some homework.

youngbuck
04-07-2014, 10:00 AM
At the very least, a few of the JBTs should be fired due to their utter investigatory ineptness. Ideally, of course, the DEA should simply be entirely abolished.

ClydeCoulter
04-07-2014, 10:26 AM
Angela Kirking was witnessed exiting the store “carrying a green plastic bag containing unknown items”

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! :eek:

Clear plastic bags with a large sign in hand stating the items purchased signed by the cashier! Would that help? n/m

Anti Federalist
04-07-2014, 10:35 AM
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh! :eek:

Clear plastic bags with a large sign in hand stating the items purchased signed by the cashier! Would that help? n/m

Pipe down, maggot and move along. - Officer Friendly

Uriel999
04-07-2014, 12:05 PM
Her response when they asked her if she had anything illegal in her house should have been "yeah...you."

BTW, there is a company that sells a security system that upon activation releases CS gas that is enough to cover your whole house. They even make models for outside use as well. Seems to me it might be well worth having. For criminals whether the common thief or the gangbanger that likes to play dress up in military hardware.

Anti Federalist
04-07-2014, 01:33 PM
Her response when they asked her if she had anything illegal in her house should have been "yeah...you."

You, sir, have won today's internets.

Take your +rep.

AuH20
04-07-2014, 01:37 PM
They just need to watch the electricity meter. If you're growing large amounts of an illegal susbtance indoors, they'll likely deduce it from your power consumption.

dannno
04-07-2014, 03:38 PM
Maybe pot growers aren't smart, but I'm pretty sure an indoor pot grower would figure out a way to not buy stuff from the HYDROPONIC store front. Come on cops, if you want to shot fish in the barrel at least so some homework.

I heard on TV about a guy who owned a small car stereo/mod shop and he was really good at building secret compartments into cars. One time he built one for a criminal who was caught and the cops offered to give him a bunch of money and open up a really nice car stereo/mod shop that would be monitored by the FBI so when he built compartments into cars they could begin their investigation. I imagine a lot of hydroponic stores that are in states where cannabis is not legal are probably monitored by the FBI or law enforcement.

surf
04-07-2014, 03:51 PM
happened where I live - cops in a parking lot across the street from a place called "Green Gardens." similar stories. i'd like to think that operation was shut down, but not sure my memory is correct on this one.

similar gardener stories.

oyarde
04-08-2014, 09:40 AM
Good thing I already have my potting soil . I forgot to take my rifle .

jbauer
04-08-2014, 09:48 AM

BTW, there is a company that sells a security system that upon activation releases CS gas that is enough to cover your whole house. They even make models for outside use as well. Seems to me it might be well worth having. For criminals whether the common thief or the gangbanger that likes to play dress up in military hardware.

Right, you terrorist. You must want to get "Ruby-Ridged"