PDA

View Full Version : Jeb Bush says illegal immigration often 'an act of love'

alucard13mm
04-06-2014, 07:37 PM
http://news.yahoo.com/jeb-bush-says-illegal-immigration-often-act-love-224650855.html?bcmt=comments-postbox

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - Jeb Bush, a potential Republican presidential candidate in 2016, said on Sunday that illegal immigrants who come to the United States to provide for their families are not committing a felony but an "act of love."

In comments at odds with the views of many in his party, Bush, the son of the 41st president and brother of the 43rd, said of the divisive immigration issue: "I think we need to kind of get beyond the harsh political rhetoric to a better place.
"I'm going to say this and it will be on tape and so be it," Bush said in an interview with Fox News host Shannon Bream in an event at the Texas presidential library of his father, George H.W. Bush.

"The way I look at this is someone who comes to our country because they couldn't come legally ... and they crossed the border because they had no other means to work, to be able to provide for their family, yes, they broke the law, but it's not a felony.
"It's an act of love, it's an act of commitment to your family.

Bush, 61, added: "I honestly think that that is a different kind of crime. There should be a price paid, but it shouldn't rile people up that people are actually coming to this country to provide for their families."

Bush repeated at the event that he would decide on a presidential bid by the end of the year.
A comprehensive immigration reform bill passed the Democratic-controlled U.S. Senate in June 2013 but has stalled in the Republican-controlled House of Representatives.

Republican lawmakers have cited deep divisions in the party over the issue, including granting legal status to 11 million undocumented immigrants.
A Republican Party review after the last presidential election had urged the party to embrace immigration reform to attract more Hispanic support. Democratic President Barack Obama, who was re-elected in 2012, won 71 percent of the Hispanic vote to Republican challenger Mitt Romney's 27 percent.

Recent polls have suggested that if he were to run, Bush, a former Florida governor, would be weighed down by Americans' lingering attitudes toward his brother, George W. Bush, who left office in January 2009 as one of the least popular presidents in U.S. history.
In a Washington Post/ABC News poll last month, nearly half the voters surveyed said they "definitely would not" vote for Jeb Bush in 2016 - a level of disapproval matched only by Romney. Even Bush's mother, former first lady Barbara Bush, has been lukewarm about the notion of another son running for president.

Asked by Bream about the critical considerations that would go into his decision on whether to run for the presidency, Bush said one was whether he could do it with a "hopeful, optimistic message" that avoids drawing him into a political "mudfight."

The other consideration, he said, "is it OK for my family?

Is it something that isn't a huge sacrifice for our family."

He added: "It turns out that not running has generated more interest than if I said I was running."

Let's see if Jeb will take a tumble at the polls, just like Rubio did.

RandallFan
04-06-2014, 08:01 PM
I hope Jeb runs it will split votes that Walker or Jindal would get.

It may not hurt Jeb as much because everyone know's the Bush reputation for being pro-amnesty. Whereas if a Tea Party candidate comes out for amnesty it is a big shock.

They may think that Jeb can pander and get 39% like Bush did against someone better than Kerry.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-06-2014, 08:01 PM
Politically savvy 2016 contender Jeb Bush obviously doesn't think calling for mass deportations is the way to win the GOP primary.

fisharmor
04-06-2014, 08:12 PM
Well I certainly love getting my plumbing fixed for a non-union wage.

Brian4Liberty
04-06-2014, 08:23 PM
Politically savvy 2016 contender Jeb Bush obviously doesn't think calling for mass deportations is the way to win the GOP primary.

Who has called for mass deportations?

Brian4Liberty
04-06-2014, 08:29 PM
"It's an act of love, it's an act of commitment to your family."

http://cdn.guyism.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/01/don-corleone-quote-1.png

rpfocus
04-07-2014, 09:10 AM
Vomit. Bye Jeb.

AuH20
04-07-2014, 09:12 AM
Everyday I drag myself to work to pay for these interlopers and I'm so filled with the spirit of love.

FloralScent
04-07-2014, 09:18 AM

You're absolutely right. Fucking the base and sucking up to the billionaire, multinational donors is the key to winning.

FloralScent
04-07-2014, 09:20 AM
Everyday I drag myself to work to pay for these interlopers and I'm so filled with the spirit of love.

I just wrote that check this morning.

RonPaulFanInGA
04-07-2014, 10:02 AM
Who has called for mass deportations?

No one, though Ingraham is apparently "super disappointed" with Rand Paul for opposing mass deportation.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?448790-Laura-Ingraham-quot-super-disappointed-quot-in-Rand-Paul-for-opposing-mass-deportation

jllundqu
04-07-2014, 10:20 AM
Fu_k Ingraham too...

Jeb is unelectable. Rand is threading the needle quite nicely.

Dr.3D
04-07-2014, 04:24 PM
Using that same logic, robbing a bank to provide for your family would also be an act of love.

Brian4Liberty
04-07-2014, 04:43 PM
Using that same logic, robbing a bank to provide for your family would also be an act of love.

Absolutely. More Bush logic: dropping a bomb on Iran is the ultimate act of love for your family.

RandallFan
04-07-2014, 05:09 PM
Laura Ingraham would beat Bush in the 2016 primary. She even has a Hispanic daughter.

I think Laura Ingraham has fewer problems than Bush's wife and daughter.

http://www.redstate.com/diary/6755mm/2014/04/01/ten-reasons-gop-say-jeb/

No family is perfect, and certainly Bush can attest to that, but a rough national campaign means old baggage gets repacked. Stories like when, in 1999, his wife, Columba, was caught trying to hide $19,000 worth of clothes and jewelry from customs agents in the Atlanta airport after a shopping trip to Paris.

Then, his daughter, Noelle, had a series of drug-related arrests.

Walker, Pence and a few others will pretend to be the right of Paul. Jeb will take money away from them like Newt did.

anaconda
04-13-2014, 03:09 AM
When I read Jeb Bush uttered the phrase "act of love" I could not help but be reminded of....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J25J8lQee40

Dianne
04-13-2014, 06:20 AM
Fk Jeb Bush

Michelangelo
04-13-2014, 10:31 AM
The Bush family has promoted some questionable and some downright awful public policies, but their support for immigration reform is not one of them. Immigration is nowhere near the level of bank robbery or the use of atomic weapons and there is something disturbing when advocates of liberty seem to think so. The act of human migration is no more harmful in itself than the migration of goods. Migration creates wealth by allowing labor to be put into more productive use than otherwise.

If you have a concern about the welfare state do not blame migrants, blame the natives who voted those policies in. If your concern is that migrants may vote 'against' liberty, do not delude yourself into thinking that natives are libertarian at their core. Libertarians are a minority among migrants, but we are also a minority among natives. Anti-migrant rhetoric is counter productive as it isolates libertarians among the migrant community from openly supporting the wider libertarian movement and in many cases leads them to shy away from the movement altogether. Efforts would be better spent courting migrants to our ideology instead of trying to kick them out or trying to deny them entry.

Anti-Neocon
04-13-2014, 11:48 AM
Would deporting Jeb Bush to Mexico, or even better yet, Guantanamo, be an act of love?