PDA

View Full Version : Firing Squad Or Hanging? AG Candidate Wants Death Penalty For Corrupt Lawmakers

CaseyJones
04-06-2014, 11:53 AM
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/04/04/firing-squad-or-hanging-ag-candidate-wants-death-penalty-for-corrupt-lawmakers/

A Republican candidate for California attorney general said Friday that state lawmakers who are found guilty of crimes that endanger the lives of others should face the death penalty.

Phil Wyman, who spent 17 years in the state Legislature, said he was motivated by the case of Democratic Sen. Leland Yee. Yee faces federal charges that include an attempt to coordinate an international gun-running scheme from the Philippines.

Wyman also criticized Democratic Attorney General Kamala Harris for being “silent as a mouse” on the corruption cases that have marred the state Senate this year. A campaign spokesman for Harris declined comment.

Wyman said in a news release and subsequent telephone interview that the “most egregious” abusers of their public office, if convicted, should be able to choose their method of death – public hanging, firing squad or lethal injection – as a deterrent to others.

tod evans
04-06-2014, 11:57 AM
On it's face this might sound good....

However expecting the police to police the police never works out...

Now........If this joker could set forth some type of citizens tribunal that eliminated any and all participation of "Just-Us" department employees and their families it could prove effective....

Dr.3D
04-06-2014, 12:13 PM

Now........If this joker could set forth some type of citizens tribunal that eliminated any and all participation of "Just-Us" department employees and their families it could prove effective....
Yes, government should answer to the people, not other government entities.

Acala
04-06-2014, 12:23 PM
If you define corruption the way I do, nearly ALL lawmakers are corrupt. I doubt that what this joker has in mind is putting the entire California legislature against the wall.

VIDEODROME
04-06-2014, 12:29 PM
This comes close to the only situation I think calls for the Death Penalty which is treason. I almost wonder if Federal Law should come into play here.

KCIndy
04-06-2014, 12:37 PM

I'm generally opposed to the death penalty, but something like that might just make me consider an exception. ;)

donnay
04-06-2014, 01:05 PM

I definitely would agree.

Anti-Neocon
04-06-2014, 03:27 PM
The death penalty isn't the answer, but on the flip side it's good to see that people are campaigning on holding lawmakers accountable.

I think there should be a separate prison system for lawmakers where their constituents can hurl rotten tomatoes at them :toady:

DamianTV
04-06-2014, 03:54 PM
Any push for Accountability is a step in the right direction, however I think it needs to be applied to ALL Govt. Military has UCMJ, but cops shoot and beat the shit out of people daily, often resulting in death. Any expectation that we can have a system that governs itself, then only hold part of that system accountable for their actions, its just not going to work. We need Cops to be accountable for their excesses, judges who support said cops to be accountable, bureaucrats, tax collectors, regulation enforcers, code interpreters, District Attorneys, public defenders, and Lawmakers ALL to be accountable. We need votes of no confidence. We need people who are educated in the strenths and weaknesses of Jury Nullification. But most importantly, we need Balance between the Govt and the Governed.

Henry Rogue
04-06-2014, 05:20 PM
http://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2014/04/04/firing-squad-or-hanging-ag-candidate-wants-death-penalty-for-corrupt-lawmakers/
That would be the first law in history which would result in anarchy. There wouldn't be one politician left alive.

Christian Liberty
04-06-2014, 05:31 PM
The death penalty isn't the answer, but on the flip side it's good to see that people are campaigning on holding lawmakers accountable.

I think there should be a separate prison system for lawmakers where their constituents can hurl rotten tomatoes at them :toady:

Even if congressmen didn't break a technical law, they're still guilty of capital crimes indirectly in nearly every case. I don't really see the issue with this, unless you're afraid it could be used against a local California version of Ron Paul or something like that.

Or if you're against killing murderers on PRINCIPLE rather than solely because of pragmatic reasons relating to evidence, in which case I'd disagree with your moral system per Genesis 9:6.

GunnyFreedom
04-06-2014, 05:43 PM
I know how to do this. Make the violation of one's Oath a felony. let 20% of the voting citizens of his district sign a petition to indict, which will land the question as a general referendum to indict on a simple majority. If the elected official is indicted by the referendum, then a grand super-jury is assembled by caucus out of the precincts consisting of 144 members, and finally conviction on the crime of violating the Oath held at a 2/3 supermajority of the members of the grand superjury, who also determine tort, or punishment, with a flexibility from the death penalty to the lowest grade felony, even suspended sentences, if they believe the case calls for it. Or special death penalties for especially abhorrent public crimes, freeing the people to actually prescribe hanging, or the gas chamber, or the needle.

DamianTV
04-06-2014, 06:10 PM
75% of Americans Believe Politicians are Corrupt
http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/04/06/75-Americans-Politicians

mrsat_98
04-06-2014, 06:31 PM
Deled

Suzanimal
04-06-2014, 06:39 PM

This ^^^ would make me happy.:)

ClydeCoulter
04-06-2014, 06:43 PM
This ^^^ would make me happy.:)

I keep getting the image in my mind of a zoo, like where you walk through the middle of the monkey cages on either side.

Dr.3D
04-06-2014, 06:51 PM
I keep getting the image in my mind of a zoo, like where you walk through the middle of the monkey cages on either side.
I'd be worried they would be throwing something back at me.

ClydeCoulter
04-06-2014, 06:53 PM

Maybe thick Plexiglas instead of bars would be a good idea?

Dr.3D
04-06-2014, 06:55 PM
Yeah, those guys always have something to throw.

I remember a gorilla that spit in my eye when I was a little kid.

XNavyNuke
04-06-2014, 06:58 PM
Yes, government should answer to the people, not other government entities.

Tar meet feathers!
XNN

Suzanimal
04-06-2014, 06:59 PM

Nah, just put them in an open room where people can throw or shoot stuff at them from above. Shit, I'd pay to do that.

Natural Citizen
04-06-2014, 07:02 PM
Well. Here's what I'd like to see. :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2u3eQc_rx54

Dianne
04-06-2014, 07:05 PM
I'm generally opposed to the death penalty, but something like that might just make me consider an exception. ;)

LMAO, I'm with you ... Can we start at the top and work our way downwards? As in Obozo ... and the "holder"? Every breath Obozo takes is a lie.. We know nothing about the man, or who is responsible for throwing his death grip on the U.S.A. I have never seen a picture of that guy as a child that was not photo shopped. And he is so damn dumb, he even posted this photo on his facebook page thinking we were so dumb we would not notice his "pretend" mother was photo shopped into the picture.

http://www.barimshabazz.com/photoshop-of-horrors-collage.jpg

Legend1104
04-06-2014, 07:22 PM
The first to be executed under this law would be the few actual honest politicians since it would run by other corrupt people. Bad idea in my opinion. I also have never understood why treason is worthy of the death penalty either but different topic.

Occam's Banana
04-06-2014, 07:43 PM

They're already doing that - without being behind any bars at all ...

Origanalist
04-07-2014, 07:41 AM
A Republican candidate for California attorney general said Friday that state lawmakers who are found guilty of crimes that endanger the lives of others should face the death penalty.

The first to be executed under this law would be the few actual honest politicians since it would run by other corrupt people. Bad idea in my opinion. I also have never understood why treason is worthy of the death penalty either but different topic.

Agree 100%. What do you think the " crimes that endanger the lives of others" would be to these people? Anything that takes power away from the state.

brushfire
04-07-2014, 09:08 AM
If such a thing existed on the federal side, Ron Paul would have faced a firing squad, long ago.

FloralScent
04-07-2014, 09:14 AM
Just bring back dueling, that way we don't have to get our hands dirty. In my mind it was the corrupt politicians who didn't want to have to pay the ultimate price for their shenanigans who are responsible for it being outlawed in the first place.

Pericles
04-07-2014, 01:51 PM
I know how to do this. Make the violation of one's Oath a felony. let 20% of the voting citizens of his district sign a petition to indict, which will land the question as a general referendum to indict on a simple majority. If the elected official is indicted by the referendum, then a grand super-jury is assembled by caucus out of the precincts consisting of 144 members, and finally conviction on the crime of violating the Oath held at a 2/3 supermajority of the members of the grand superjury, who also determine tort, or punishment, with a flexibility from the death penalty to the lowest grade felony, even suspended sentences, if they believe the case calls for it. Or special death penalties for especially abhorrent public crimes, freeing the people to actually prescribe hanging, or the gas chamber, or the needle.

Before the WTBS, violating the oath of Office was considered perjury. I can live with that.

As to the original questing - hanging is the suitable form of capital punishment, except for ex military who served honorably, who should have the firing squad as an option.