PDA

View Full Version : Another Banker Found Dead - Losing Count but believe we're at 14 since January

Dianne
04-06-2014, 06:59 AM
Since the suspected "suicide" of 28 year old banker, Kenneth Bellando on March 18 another former banker has now been found dead bringing the total to 14 (I believe) since January.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2014-04-05/former-abn-banker-schmittmann-wife-daughter-found-dead-at-home.html

Ex-ABN Banker Schmittmann, Wife, Daughter Found Dead at Home

Former ABN Amro Group NV Netherlands Chief Executive Officer Jan Peter Schmittmann, his wife and a daughter were found dead at their home yesterday after a possible “family tragedy,” Dutch police said.

“The bodies of a father and mother and their daughter were found at the property” in the town of Laren, 32 kilometers (20 miles) southeast of Amsterdam, Dutch police said in a statement on their website. Leonie Bosselaar, a police spokeswoman, said in a telephone call with Bloomberg News that the deceased were Schmittmann, 57, and two family members.

The police received a call around 10:30 a.m. local time from a family acquaintance who said something may be wrong at the property, according to the statement. Bosselaar declined to comment further. The police said the two deceased women were 57 and 22.

The Dutch newspaper AD reported, without citing anyone, that the family was discovered by Schmittmann’s second daughter when she arrived home yesterday morning. She was scheduled to travel with her parents to India, where she had an internship lined up, the newspaper said.

Schmittmann joined ABN Amro in 1983 as assistant relationship manager and was named head of the lender’s Dutch unit in 2003. He stepped down from the Amsterdam-based bank in December 2008, after the company was nationalized earlier that year.
Management Company

ABN Amro was broken up after the 73.3 billion euro ($100.5 billion) takeover by Royal Bank of Scotland Group Plc, Fortis and Banco Santander SA in 2007. A year later, the credit crunch drove Fortis to the verge of collapse, forcing the Netherlands to take over its Dutch banking and insurance units, including assets of ABN Amro.

ABN Amro is shocked by the news, Hans van Zon, a spokesman for the state-owned lender, said by telephone today.

Schmittmann owned 2phase2, a management company for investments and financial transactions, according to information on LinkedIn Corp.’s professional social-networking website. He’s also co-founder of 5 Park Lane BV, and a supervisory board member at Delta Lloyd Bank.

Schmittmann, who was born in Maartensdijk, Netherlands, had two children, according to 2phase2’s website.

Dianne
04-06-2014, 07:00 AM
Typo in title, but can't correct it.:(

Natural Citizen
04-06-2014, 07:12 AM
Schmittmann owned 2phase2, a management company for investments and financial transactions

Amphasis added by me.

angelatc
04-06-2014, 09:15 AM

Click the "Report This Post" and ask a moderator to fix it.

-signed,
the worst typist on the forums.

jct74
04-06-2014, 09:29 AM

I fixed it but be aware for future you can change titles up to one hour after a thread is posted.

To access the title field go to Edit Post --> Go Advanced.

Dianne
04-06-2014, 10:53 AM
I fixed it but you can change titles up to one hour after a thread is posted.

To access the title field go to Edit Post --> Go Advanced.

Oh thank you !!! I didn't know that.

FindLiberty
04-06-2014, 09:17 PM
WTF is going on with these banker death stories? Are they actually related somehow?