PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Message to reach 3.5 million new people Dec 4th

Wyle
11-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Per Wikipedia

the View has garnered its highest ratings ever. After two weeks, "The View" under Goldberg is averaging 3.5 million total viewers, a 7% increase from 3.3 million under O'Donnell last season.[24]

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_View#Season_10_.282006-2007.29

Flash
11-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Good news. This will open up Ron Paul to a huge audience.

linusPAULing
11-30-2007, 06:48 PM
I hope RP will be ready to deal the "A" word.

werdd
11-30-2007, 06:50 PM

??

angrydragon
11-30-2007, 06:51 PM
Abortion?

nist7
Sweet! As much as I hate the View......lol

RevolutionSD

Abortion.
He will turn off a lot of women if he goes hardline.
If he talks about states rights he can skate.

linusPAULing
11-30-2007, 06:52 PM
abortion... he might find some resistance to his opinions on the View.

xerigen
11-30-2007, 06:53 PM
This really is a great opportunity. I know people who get their political news soley from The View, as sad as that may be.

JustAnotherV
11-30-2007, 06:53 PM
Joy Behar seems to at least partially like him and brought him up early on. Whoopi seems to have a decent head on her shoulders as well. Babs might be OK also if she is there. If he can avoid taking bruises for not liking Roe v. Wade and being anti-entitelments, that audience will be very receptive to some of his other views, especially the Iraq War. I wonder how muh of that audience will be voting in Rep. primaries though. It's still good either way.

TheNewYorker
11-30-2007, 06:56 PM
This is going to be a set-up, I can just feel it. We will see though.

european
11-30-2007, 06:57 PM
Ron Paul has been mentioned on the view before if i remember correctly. the hostes likes him i believe. i think she has a lot of the same thoughts on issues as Ron Paul. so that should be a very positive interview!

BlutStein
11-30-2007, 07:08 PM
Its that young purty one that might give him an earful. She seems to be Bush's spokesperson on a lot of things like the war.

He can't win everyone over to his views, at the very least it'll get his name out there more and maybe strike up a few conversations around the country. All good.

Wyle
11-30-2007, 07:21 PM
I think shes out of the picture for maturity leave..

Energy
11-30-2007, 07:28 PM
Ron Paul has been mentioned on the view before if i remember correctly. the hostes likes him i believe. i think she has a lot of the same thoughts on issues as Ron Paul. so that should be a very positive interview!

In case someone hasn't seen it (when Rosie was still on):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D6SfmXigHpE

Johncjackson
11-30-2007, 07:33 PM
There are a lot of women who are not rapid supporters of abortion- even liberal ones. RP still has a name recognition problem and getting on shows like this will help even if 90% of the viewers disagree with him on a single view.

I also feel his perspective as a doctor adds a lot on abortion compared to other candidates. He has strong convictions and reasons for all his views, and even if you don't agree it's hard to fault him.

Personally, I am somewhat on the fence on the abortion issue myself and its not a make or break issue in my mind depending on views of other candidates.

RP has reasoned positions on everything. For example, he could explain and make a persuasive case against abortion even to someone like me- I happen to be an atheist. I respect much more the views of a doctor who has an opinion than some candidate who takes a stand because pat Robertson or Dobson or someone says he should. This also shows in his views on homosexual issues and other issues the rightwing theocrats champion.

From what I have read, RP would make it a States issue and he does not think a woman who has the procedure should be prosecuted. To me that is Pro-Life position that is at the same time pretty sympathetic to women.

linusPAULing
11-30-2007, 07:40 PM
RP clarifies his views on abortion here. He also discusses stem cell research, and imo his views and insights in the subject are the most rational I've heard to date. I think he could win a lot of support with the issue.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=66jpPCIzza8&eurl

Liberty Star
11-30-2007, 07:49 PM
Excellent !

freedominnumbers
11-30-2007, 07:59 PM
I have to say. I don't watch the view much because of my scheduling, yet when I do I must admit that I enjoy it.

It's refreshing to get average discussions on things rather than a bunch of demagogues.

paulgirl
11-30-2007, 08:06 PM
I totally disagree on the abortion thing. He should not go soft, he should state that he believes abortion is wrong. Here's why.

While some of the hosts might be pro-abortion, Ron Paul is running as a Republican, and therefore is mainly going to pertain to Republican or independent voters. I would wager that most of the rabid pro-abortion people are democrats, and won't accept anything other than someone like Hillary.

Many viewers are women, and women are more likely to feel strongly one way or the other. While the pro-abortion activists are often women, so are the pro-life activists. This is primarily because once you have carried a child in your womb, borne him and loved him it is inconceivable to think of killing such a child. It becomes much more than a cerebral issue.

Since RP is an OBGYN, someone we women who have borne children are intimitely acquanted with, he can score big points with the women by playing it up. They will automatically trust him more.

theoddmonkey
11-30-2007, 08:55 PM
abortion... he might find some resistance to his opinions on the View.

I would normally agree, but think about the credit that paul has to himself by being an OB doctor for 30 years, who has TAKEN CARE of many women and their babies. I know I can't speak for females since i'm not one of them, but its seems to me like many women would find empathy for an elderly OB doctor on some kind of subconcious level.

Paulitician
11-30-2007, 09:12 PM
What would the audience find objectable about Ron Paul's stance on abortion?

voisine
11-30-2007, 11:03 PM
RP kicks everyone ass on this issue. He's a really smart guy and this is his area of professional expertise. In that hour long NH press meeting the female reporter was obviously hostile on this issue. Her immediate question was "so should we lock up the woman or the doctor?" RP completely made her look foolish.

quickmike
11-30-2007, 11:08 PM

Antelopes???

Why would he be afraid to talk about antelopes? He likes animals doesnt he?

really though, his abortion stance might not play well with some of the audience, but his anti Iraq war stance will definitely do well, so it will be a wash on those issues. The thing that people will notice most about him will be the fact that he comes off as 100 percent genuine and you can see that when you hear him speak.

MikeStanart
11-30-2007, 11:12 PM

Abolish? The IRS?

Oh wait, we're suppose to say "Phase Out"

jamesmadison
12-01-2007, 02:49 AM
He can basically state that he wants to take it out of federal hands and let the states decide. The current composition of the court basically guarantees abortion illegal in the coming decade. If he made this clear to them i'm sure they would see the point.

Give me liberty
12-01-2007, 02:52 AM
i hope ron paul will own and pwn that neo con S*** on the view.

jrich4rpaul
12-01-2007, 02:58 AM
I'm sure education will get brought up. He better give an essay-form explanation this time before he turns off every single viewer with the statement "I want to get rid of the department of education"

amonasro
12-01-2007, 02:58 AM
I think RP will do very well. He's had so much practice that he's very relaxed on TV now. The View is an extremely relaxed atmosphere and women everywhere will see he is amicable, sweet, and genuine. Plus the fact he's been married to the same woman for 50 years is a big plus... I hope he mentions his wife taking care of him along the campaign trail, because it's a huge deal.

Man from La Mancha
12-01-2007, 03:26 AM
Ron can handle anything that is thrown at him the last debate should have proved that. My question is this show going to help much? Did the Jay Leno show cause any big spikes in donations or views on Ron's website?