PDA

View Full Version : Does HQ give ANY support to the grassroots?

BrianH
11-30-2007, 06:40 PM
(post deleted)This grassroots stuff is very very wonderful but support from the official campaign is very lacking.

Sorry, I just had to vent off somewhere!

krott5333
11-30-2007, 06:41 PM
i agree.. i dont mind paying for materials.. but if its information they have, and they arent willing to give it out? unacceptable.

and dont give me no BS about not mixing grassroots with the campaign

KewlRonduderules
11-30-2007, 06:42 PM
grassroots is grassroots. the campaign is the campaign. You cannot combine the two- something about campaign laws especially if you want to solicit donations for something like December 16th.

ItsTime
11-30-2007, 06:43 PM
I can see why they would not want to collect info from a 3rd party. I do not understand why you have to buy your own materials. The people here in New Hampshire go out of their way to get me anything I need. Which they give away to anyone who asks. IE signs and lit. Just like at any rally.

bbachtung
11-30-2007, 06:44 PM
Talk to Drew Ivers.

Paulitical Correctness
11-30-2007, 06:48 PM
Channel your frustration positively. :)

Cardinal Red
11-30-2007, 06:50 PM
We appreciate all of your hard work. Iowa is the key to our early campaign. We don't need to win there, but we need to exceed expectations and do well enough to be credible rolling into New Hampshire (where we will really pick up steam)

BrianH
11-30-2007, 06:58 PM
I asked for an explanation and get a four word reply:

Orders from (name deleted).

Very friendly these guys!

chestertime
11-30-2007, 06:59 PM
They're respecting the privacy of donors. You know? Right to privacy? Ron Paul? Kinda a thing he's big on?

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 07:01 PM
I would not want my info given out to members of the public that were not officially apart of the campaign either.

This is just common sense guys. There are some scary people out there.

Even if they are "us." Third person perspective is always clearer.

chestertime
11-30-2007, 07:03 PM
:rolleyes:
I would not want my info given out to members of the public that were not officially apart of the campaign either.

This is just common sense guys.

Seriously. I drop an email to the campaign and say "Hey guys! You don't know me but I think you're great. I really want to help out! Can you send me a list of all my neighbors that gave to you?" :confused:

Are you kidding me? :rolleyes:

cmc
11-30-2007, 07:03 PM
They're respecting the privacy of donors. You know? Right to privacy? Ron Paul? Kinda a thing he's big on?
Exactly. I don't want my name on some list they give out to any buffoon who comes asking for it.

We are on the same team!

JS4Pat
11-30-2007, 07:05 PM
grassroots is grassroots. the campaign is the campaign. You cannot combine the two- something about campaign laws especially if you want to solicit donations for something like December 16th.

They "The National Campaign" just needs to MAKE IT HAPPEN!!!

BrianH
11-30-2007, 07:09 PM
I talked to Drew Ivers and we're going to try to work this out. Just because we are not paid salaries does not mean we cannot be trusted to keep information private.

RonPaul2012grassroots
11-30-2007, 07:10 PM
we have been waiting 11 days for our last order of materials to get shipped. The campaign website store was down for 2 days and I get an email saying they are overloaded with orders and there is a delay. 11 days and still it hasn't shipped?? Give me a break this is ridiculous.

Waiting two weeks (or more according to some I've spoken with) IS ridiculous.

With only the few occasional exceptions, we ship our materials the next day, and our prices are much lower on higher quality materials and better selection.

There's also the popular misconception that the campaign benefits in any financial way on on signs, bumper stickers, buttons (the limited edition buttons being the only exception), etc. The clothing items are the only items on the 'official' store website which the campaign benefits monetarily from the sale of (according to the campaign).

kylejack
11-30-2007, 07:13 PM
To answer your question, there are pretty serious issues with communication with the campaign, but this is a terrible example. First of all, that's a privacy issue. I don't want anyone having my address without my consent. Second, while there are short sighted decisions made, Bydlak seems to be doing a great job. I support the campaign's decision.