PDA

View Full Version : New PAC Targeting Eric Cantor! Like and Share RINO CANTOR

Okaloosa
04-04-2014, 03:38 PM
https://www.facebook.com/RinoCantor

See the Virginia Vision Action PAC's videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNb2ZPG5VVo

Brian4Liberty
04-04-2014, 04:12 PM
Nice! It would be a huge victory to get rid of Cantor.

MichaelDavis
04-04-2014, 06:17 PM
I hope too many resources aren't wasted on trying to unseat the sitting majority leader. There are hundreds of winnable races to focus on.

Brian4Liberty
04-04-2014, 07:54 PM
I hope too many resources aren't wasted on trying to unseat the sitting majority leader. There are hundreds of winnable races to focus on.

Your opinion.

MichaelDavis
04-04-2014, 10:02 PM
Your opinion.

Of course that's my opinion. Why else would I say it?

Brian4Liberty
04-04-2014, 11:28 PM
This race is winnable. Cantor can (and should) be replaced by Brat.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/30/Conservative-grassroots-shocks-Team-Cantor-in-his-own-district-with-surprise-intra-party-victory

Okaloosa
04-05-2014, 07:26 AM
Not only is this race winnable, but Cantor has started a war on the grassroots that he has to be attacked on. The money and time he spends focusing on his own district is time and money he can't use in other races.

Cantor is leading the charge against the Liberty movement nation wide we need to put him on defense.

jurgs01
04-05-2014, 09:12 AM

They will spend much more resources to hold the seat than the grassroots would spend to take it. It would not be a bad thing to see some of the Rove and Adelson money diverted to this race.

MichaelDavis
04-05-2014, 01:53 PM
Cantor has $4 million in his campaign account. This seat is safe as hell. Anything spent of Brat is a waste of money that could be spent on a race we have an actual chance of winning.

jurgs01
04-05-2014, 09:05 PM
Cantor has $4 million in his campaign account. This seat is safe as hell. Anything spent of Brat is a waste of money that could be spent on a race we have an actual chance of winning.

If we spend enough that requires him to spend 2:1 or 10:1 to retain his seat, then that is money that is being drained out of RINO accounts. Nothing is wasted unless we are not being effective. Let's bankrupt people like Sheldon Adelson by attacking from all angles...more than he can defend.

This isn't Clausewitz or Lanchester's laws that we win by massing our forces for one battle. There are more than 600 federal seats and tens of thousands of state seats. We need to build organizations, networks, and elected officials everywhere that has some sort of sustainability. We had no chance during Paul's runs in 2008 and 2012, but those were the most productive for liberty that we have seen in our lifetimes.

William Tell
04-05-2014, 09:50 PM
We need to WIN the State and federal seats. Yes, we need candidates in every single race, but we also should not be delusional. Money is best spent where we have a chance to win, or in our own areas. Because all politics is local.

We will never bankrupt the Adelsons of the world, we don't have the resources. It is simple math.

jurgs01
04-06-2014, 09:47 AM
We need to WIN the State and federal seats. Yes, we need candidates in every single race, but we also should not be delusional. Money is best spent where we have a chance to win, or in our own areas. Because all politics is local.

We will never bankrupt the Adelsons of the world, we don't have the resources. It is simple math.

To some extent I agree with you, but I think the PACs are going to do the cost/benefit analysis before putting bigger money in. The biggest impact the liberty people can have is to get people noticed early. People emerge out of unexpected places, and writing people off early is not always the best thing to do.

Everyone names John Dennis as a lost cause, but John is a huge part of putting liberty people in touch with silicon valley donors. The network of RLC folks that are pushing hard for Igor Birman and others in Cali has a lot of his fingerprints (and people who helped him run before).

It certainly is good to win, but we sometimes fail to see the nth order effects.

Brian4Liberty
04-06-2014, 10:35 AM
Everyone names John Dennis as a lost cause, but John is a huge part of putting liberty people in touch with silicon valley donors.

The lesson of San Francisco demographics is that only a Democrat will ever win in a D+34 district.

In the race that this thread is about, it is R+10. The winner of the GOP primary will most likely win the General. Dave Brat could win the Primary. This race is no lost cause at all.

Those who don't want to challenge an incumbent, especially an unpopular one like Cantor, don't have to help.

Brian4Liberty
04-06-2014, 10:36 AM

We'll spend our money any way we want.

thoughtomator
04-06-2014, 10:55 AM

You must not at all be aware of how much trouble Cantor is in among grassroots Virginia Republicans (and the hot war now underway in the RPV). He has two problems: how to win his own primary, and how to win the general election with the grassroots staying home. His chance of keeping his seat is only about 50/50 right now.

thoughtomator
04-06-2014, 10:57 AM
Of course that's my opinion. Why else would I say it?

I can think of a whole host of reasons why a person might say something that is not his own opinion. Not that any of them are necessarily applicable here, but if you're begging the question I can answer it.

devil21
04-06-2014, 03:25 PM

So, in other words, keep spending money on the crumbs while leaving the big boys alone to keep on doing what they're doing? Cantor is a huge Zionist so I'm not surprised MichaelDavis wants to see efforts directed elsewhere.

MichaelDavis
04-06-2014, 04:16 PM
So, in other words, keep spending money on the crumbs while leaving the big boys alone to keep on doing what they're doing? Cantor is a huge Zionist so I'm not surprised MichaelDavis wants to see efforts directed elsewhere.

Ron Paul is a zionist, you idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xst54_YZh9Y

Brian4Liberty
04-06-2014, 06:59 PM
One thing Ron Paul would never do is attempt to discourage a Primary challenge of a big government, big spending, statist, status quo, establishment tool like Eric Cantor.

RandallFan
04-06-2014, 07:02 PM
If Brat can get 30 or 40% against Cantor it will be a good performance. Same with Bevin. Bevin may run for Rand's seat.

devil21
04-06-2014, 08:32 PM
Ron Paul is a zionist, you idiot.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xst54_YZh9Y

He believes in treating Israel like we treat every other country, no better or worse, as do I. That is not the definition of Zionist I am referring to and you know it. If you prefer, I can go back to using terms like Israel-bootlicker and Israel-firster so there's no further confusion?

MichaelDavis
04-06-2014, 09:43 PM
He believes in treating Israel like we treat every other country, no better or worse, as do I. That is not the definition of Zionist I am referring to and you know it. If you prefer, I can go back to using terms like Israel-bootlicker and Israel-firster so there's no further confusion?

"Unnecessary personal attack rhetoric" like calling everyone you disagee with a bootlicker, right? Are you sensitive because you were made fun of as a child? If you want sympathy look somewhere else, Nazi bootlicker.

http://s21.postimg.org/8rs9f03nr/image.jpg

devil21
04-07-2014, 03:30 AM
I really hurt someone's feelings tonite. I hope you will recover soon MichaelDavis. Your shill force isn't very strong, nor is your skin.

devil21
04-07-2014, 03:49 AM
Wait...that's a PAC ad for a particular candidate and obviously is an online only video. I thought PACs couldn't pay for candidate ads directly? Or is that only for TELEVISION ads, not online ads?

Can PACs pay for online only ads for candidates? I haven't kept up with campaign finance reform.

Brian4Liberty
04-07-2014, 09:04 PM
Wait...that's a PAC ad for a particular candidate and obviously is an online only video. I thought PACs couldn't pay for candidate ads directly? Or is that only for TELEVISION ads, not online ads?

Can PACs pay for online only ads for candidates? I haven't kept up with campaign finance reform.

I've seen others like that online for other candidates, so there must be some loopholes. What's the point of the law if they can't keep it so complex that it never applies to them and always applies to you?