PDA

View Full Version : A swat on the butt=physical "violence"....

tod evans
04-04-2014, 04:48 AM
From Drudge;

By twisting playful activity into "violence" these fine folks have effectively opened the door to file assault charges against playful kids...:mad:

‘Slap-Ass Friday’ Becoming Problem For Las Vegas Middle Schools

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/04/03/slap-ass-friday-becoming-problem-for-las-vegas-middle-schools/

Las Vegas middle schools are dealing with a problem known as “slap-ass Friday.”
KLAS-TV reports that every Friday students will slap their classmates on their backside.
Denise Delucia, the legal guardian of a seventh grader at Escobedo Middle School, wants action to be taken against students who do this.
“I actually am going to keep her out of school until the situation is resolved on Fridays,” Delucia told KLAS. “I’m not letting her go to be accosted on Fridays, that is not acceptable.”
High school students admit that “slap-ass Friday” has been going on in middle schools for long time.
“It happened every single Friday of every single week of every single month throughout the whole entire year,” Tasha Rasmussen, 17, told KLAS.
Rasmussen said her and her friends would joke about it when it happened to them, but now being in high school, she realizes how wrong it is.
“I just think it’s inappropriate,” she explained to KLAS. “We were young and I just don’t believe that it should have been done. I definitely think there should be a stop to it. Somebody needs to bring the consequences to the students’ attention. It is frowned upon. It is bad. It is gross.”
The Clark County School District says it is aware of Delucia’s concerns and warns action will be taken against students participating in this so-called tradition.
“School administrators are aware of this parent complaint and have been working with the parent and student directly to gather additional information,” the school district said in a statement to KLAS. “The district has a zero-tolerance policy for physical violence. If appropriate, disciplinary action will be taken.”

DamianTV
04-04-2014, 05:29 AM
Id say they need a "spanking" themselves but I fear that they might actually enjoy it...

Matt Collins
04-04-2014, 07:42 AM
If some dude touched me on the butt there WOULD be physical violence...

mad cow
04-04-2014, 08:11 AM
If some dude touched me on the butt there WOULD be physical violence...

Nobody would stoop that low,Matt.

phill4paul
04-04-2014, 08:14 AM

He's afraid his latent jock proclivities will be aroused..

http://mentalfloss.com/sites/default/files/styles/article_640x430/public/butt_slap.jpg

PaulConventionWV
04-04-2014, 08:48 AM
From Drudge;

By twisting playful activity into "violence" these fine folks have effectively opened the door to file assault charges against playful kids...:mad:

‘Slap-Ass Friday’ Becoming Problem For Las Vegas Middle Schools

http://lasvegas.cbslocal.com/2014/04/03/slap-ass-friday-becoming-problem-for-las-vegas-middle-schools/

Las Vegas middle schools are dealing with a problem known as “slap-ass Friday.”
KLAS-TV reports that every Friday students will slap their classmates on their backside.
Denise Delucia, the legal guardian of a seventh grader at Escobedo Middle School, wants action to be taken against students who do this.
“I actually am going to keep her out of school until the situation is resolved on Fridays,” Delucia told KLAS. “I’m not letting her go to be accosted on Fridays, that is not acceptable.”
High school students admit that “slap-ass Friday” has been going on in middle schools for long time.
“It happened every single Friday of every single week of every single month throughout the whole entire year,” Tasha Rasmussen, 17, told KLAS.
Rasmussen said her and her friends would joke about it when it happened to them, but now being in high school, she realizes how wrong it is.
“I just think it’s inappropriate,” she explained to KLAS. “We were young and I just don’t believe that it should have been done. I definitely think there should be a stop to it. Somebody needs to bring the consequences to the students’ attention. It is frowned upon. It is bad. It is gross.”
The Clark County School District says it is aware of Delucia’s concerns and warns action will be taken against students participating in this so-called tradition.
“School administrators are aware of this parent complaint and have been working with the parent and student directly to gather additional information,” the school district said in a statement to KLAS. “The district has a zero-tolerance policy for physical violence. If appropriate, disciplinary action will be taken.”

So, she didn't realize it was wrong until years after she thought it was funny? How does that work? "Hey, that's kinda funny." Years later... "Hey, I've been had!"

Really, what's wrong about it if you don't object to it at the time? Is there to be no touching whatsoever because you might realize later that it was a little immature?

Uriel999
04-04-2014, 09:47 AM
Sooo how are they supposed to congratulate each other on a good game now?

tod evans
04-04-2014, 09:51 AM
Sooo how are they supposed to congratulate each other on a good game now?

Foo-ball players are kinda like kops...........

They're professional....

Ya' know how it's perfectly okay for a kop to blow your ass away because they're pros?

Foo-ball players (and coaches) are professional ass-slappers...

For mundanes however, ass-slappin's a crime.

[edit]

Whoops, baseball too:o

asurfaholic
04-04-2014, 10:04 AM
The girl said it plainly that it was just jokes back then. Naturally as you get older you phase out of that stuff as you mature.

There is a big difference between a few kids slapping butts in school and a full grown adult walking around slapping butts on the street.

But I don't think its right to criticize the school system for stepping in a bit, but criminal charges are too excessive IMO. I'd be mad if my daughter was getting her ass touched when she doesn't want it.

Ronin Truth
04-04-2014, 05:47 PM
Strictly speaking, if it's not voluntary, it's assault AKA aggression. :p

MelissaWV
04-04-2014, 05:48 PM

+rep