PDA

View Full Version : Any Republicans being audited/harrassed by the IRS ?

Lord Xar
04-03-2014, 11:43 PM
So - here is the deal.. Perhaps I am a little paranoid given the IRS targeting of tea party groups.. but.. this seems odd.

So, a little backdrop - Sometime before all that IRS targeting the tea party groups came out.. i was sorta harrassed by the IRS.
Mind you, this was during Ron Pauls 2nd Run for president. His first run, I was very very active in the grassroots etc... well, before the 2nd primary was under way, I started getting a TON of calls from the IRS. What am I doing, what are my plans etc... like, weird things. I wrote it off. I mentioned some things, gave them what they wanted and since I was not active so much... they said ok.. gone.

Well, I don't hide it - I am rather active on forums and such, challenging the statists.. questioning the government... and so..
The following pertains to my normal 9 - 5 job.

1. I am owned monies by the Govt. Still haven't received it.. its been over a year. Calls are not returned and when I get someone on the line, they have no answer for me and they don't know when I am getting my return (from a previous year - 2009).

2. I started getting audit letters for last year (2012) and need to fill things out.

I have always had my taxes done by a professional. I am not into faking or doing shennanigans... so I find this intrusion and lack of giving me owed monies curious.

SO, it dawned on me -- maybe I am not the only "republican". Maybe there is an uptick to target certain ideological voters.... or perhaps, I am just paranoid! : - )

oyarde
04-04-2014, 12:02 AM
So - here is the deal.. Perhaps I am a little paranoid given the IRS targeting of tea party groups.. but.. this seems odd.

So, a little backdrop - Sometime before all that IRS targeting the tea party groups came out.. i was sorta harrassed by the IRS.
Mind you, this was during Ron Pauls 2nd Run for president. His first run, I was very very active in the grassroots etc... well, before the 2nd primary was under way, I started getting a TON of calls from the IRS. What am I doing, what are my plans etc... like, weird things. I wrote it off. I mentioned some things, gave them what they wanted and since I was not active so much... they said ok.. gone.

Well, I don't hide it - I am rather active on forums and such, challenging the statists.. questioning the government... and so..

1. I am owned monies by the Govt. Still haven't received it.. its been over a year. Calls are not returned and when I get someone on the line, they have no answer for me and they don't know when I am getting my return (from a previous year - 2009).

2. I started getting audit letters for last year (2012) and need to fill things out.

I have always had my taxes done by a professional. I am not into faking or doing shennanigans... so I find this intrusion and lack of giving me owed monies curious.

SO, it dawned on me -- maybe I am not the only "republican". Maybe there is an uptick to target certain ideological voters.... or perhaps, I am just paranoid! : - )

If those worthless fuckers owed me money from 09 , I would have filed against them for some DC property as compensation

phill4paul
04-04-2014, 12:07 AM
I don't file or pay or receive. I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once.

LibertyEagle
04-04-2014, 12:15 AM
That's really weird, Xar. Considering what they have been up to with tea party groups, I would think it was because of all your activities in Ron's first run. You were at the forefront of a number of grassroots activities.

oyarde
04-04-2014, 12:37 AM
I don't file or pay or receive. I did stay in a Holiday Inn Express once.

Yeah me too , but I like the regular ones better , ( bar & dining room) , my local one has draft beers ( a couple , usually ) , great ribeye sandwich , best shrimp cocktail sauce ( extra horseradish ) , decent prime rib. and a lunch under $7 on weekends , I never get in there anymore since I am married :) ( too busy working around the homestead ), but when I was younger , I used to drink some coffee , beer , eat breakfast or lunch in there maybe four days a month , LOL , they sent me a Christmas Card every year .

56ktarget
04-04-2014, 04:26 AM
No, liberal groups were targeted too.

Spikender
04-04-2014, 05:23 AM

Links?

Lord Xar
04-04-2014, 04:10 PM

Uhmmm.. your sources?

These links prove you incorrect. Granted, one is from fox news - still, the message is what's important.

http://www.politifact.com/truth-o-meter/statements/2013/jun/06/jim-mcdermott/irs-targeted-liberal-groups-bush-years-jim-mcdermo/

http://www.jammiewf.com/2013/no-liberal-groups-were-not-targeted-by-irs/

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/06/27/watchdog-knocks-down-dem-claim-that-liberal-groups-were-targeted-by-irs/

Philhelm
04-04-2014, 04:28 PM
It's true. I'm registered as a Republican, and the fuckers are saying that I owe them money by April 15th, or else...

I'd consider that to be harassment.

angelatc
04-04-2014, 04:54 PM

Not exactly. According to the treasury's African American Democrat Inspector General: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2013/jun/27/irs-auditor-reaffirms-conservatives-not-liberals-w/?page=all

The IRS (http://www.washingtontimes.com/topics/internal-revenue-service/) inspector general said this week that while some liberal groups were given extra scrutiny by the tax agency, they were not subjected to the same invasive queries as tea party groups — a finding that seems to confirm a political bias was at play.

oyarde
04-04-2014, 11:16 PM
It's true. I'm registered as a Republican, and the fuckers are saying that I owe them money by April 15th, or else...

I'd consider that to be harassment.
I owe the State $570 , but I already pd them thousands , and I am just a poor ol' Country Boy trying to get by , anyway , if I get it there by , oh , May 14 or so , they do not really know how to figure up my penalty , interest and will just grab my check and go . Last time I owed them was more was many yrs ago . They sent me a letter right away demanding it ( not politely at all ) , I sent them one back , said , " look , you claim I owe you another $400 , The Feds claim they are going to give me back , $900 of the 8 k they took , so when those scumbags send it back , I will send you scumbags what you say " . Never heard from them again , but they certainly cashed my check :)

fr33
04-04-2014, 11:47 PM
It wouldn't surprise me if I got audited. But no I haven't had any trouble except for having to deal with the fucking headache of filing. If I got audited and questioned by them it could get ugly. That's why I have an accountant. Their public schools didn't educate me enough to understand their tax code.