PDA

View Full Version : Just got back from a grassoots RP rally in Berkeley

Cardinal Red
11-30-2007, 06:24 PM
For those who want to hear an encouraging story, I just got back from a Ron Paul Rally on the Campus of UC-Berkeley-- organized by the Berkeley for Ron Paul chapter. Despite having no official campaign presence, we brought out about 100 people (in addition to hundreds who walked by or stopped for a while to take in some of the rally--and, as speaker Justin Raimondo from Antiwar.com pointed out, we showed massive grassroots enthusiasm-- you don't see Obama or Clinton rallies going on on this campus.

To be able to do a rally for Ron Paul, a conservative, constitutional, Republican, in the heart of probably the biggest bastion of liberalism in the U.S, shows the broad appeal of the Paul campaign, and why Ron Paul is the best candidate for the Republicans to reach out in the General election. Probably about 1/2 of the crowd was made up of ethnic minorities (the chair of Berkeley Students for Ron Paul, who emceed with great energy and enthusiasm, is a Chinese-American woman)-- The president of the U.C. Berkeley College Republicans is a Paul supporter and he also spoke. Supporters and speakers were young, and old, gay and straight, rich and poor, etc -- a real cross section of America.

Of course, as it was Berkeley we had a couple of off-color comments and off-message supporters, but the overall tone was positive and full of great energy.

Indy Vidual
11-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Great report, thank you.
I wish I was there.

Richandler
11-30-2007, 06:27 PM
Yah next time post that here when something like that will happen, I might consider attending.

MsDoodahs
11-30-2007, 06:30 PM
Thank you! I love these kinds of stories! :)

Hurricane Bruiser
11-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Great work and thanks for the report Red.

American
11-30-2007, 06:36 PM
DAMN IT, that was today. This was the anti-war rally with raymundo or whatever his name if from the anti-war.com site right?

SHIT, I missed it.

Bossobass
11-30-2007, 06:38 PM
Way to go, young man. I certainly appreciate your effort and reading about it made my day.

Bosso

european
11-30-2007, 06:39 PM
great to read about these rallies tbh! :cool:

berkeleybound
11-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Did anyone get photos or video posted yet? The rally did go quite well!

The only small mishap was that we had a band that was supposed to play at the beginning, but the school set up the sound system up late.

ColinCohen
11-30-2007, 07:12 PM
A rally for a Republican in Berkeley . . . I never thought I'd see the day.