PDA

View Full Version : Hilary Clinton vs Jeb Bush, who are you going to vote for ? and why ?

mrsat_98
04-03-2014, 04:31 PM
I'm not a fan of G Beck, but since the question came up ?

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/04/03/hillary-clinton-vs-jeb-bush-who-would-you-vote-for/

Hillary Clinton vs. Jeb Bush: Who would you vote for?
Thursday, Apr 3, 2014 at 12:24 PM CDT

On radio this morning, Glenn considered the possibility of a 2016 general election between former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton versus former Florida Governor Jeb Bush. While that particular pairing would undoubtedly be progressivism’s dream team, Glenn believes it would result in very few people turning out at the polls. Who would you vote for? Would you vote at all?

Get Glenn Live! On TheBlaze TV
To begin, Glenn asked listeners to picture themselves in August 2016 – and it is not a pretty picture.

“We are coming up on the election… we may be on the brink of real war. Russia is maybe threatening Poland. Things are really starting to fall apart. Things are getting bad in the Middle East… We have more suffering in the United States. Your insurance policies are still going through the roof. The government has no real answer for you. The dollar is getting weaker and weaker. Our debt is now over $21 trillion,” Glenn explained. “And your choice is Hillary Rodham Clinton or Jeb Bush. Who do you vote for? Which one? Honestly. Do you think there is a soul that is getting up and saying, ‘I am so motivated’?”

Glenn, Pat, and Stu were hard pressed to think how anyone would be enthused to cast a vote for another Clinton or Bush. With a combined 20 years in the White House as president of the United States, these two families are political royalty.

Another killer progressive combination would be New Jersey Governor Chris Christie against New York Governor Andrew Cuomo. Fortunately, Cuomo is still relatively unknown outside of the northeast and Christie’s true colors have emerged.

“Okay, so we have Hillary or Jeb. Hillary or Chris Christie. Hillary or Marco Rubio,” Glenn said. “I don’t even get up to [vote]. It’s Election Day. I don’t care. If those are your two choices, I am campaigning for a libertarian… I’m campaigning for a third party.”

So what races would Glenn be excited about? Any candidate that is able to find a way to incite fear in both the left and right will be able to unite a large portion of the American people.

“If it’s Hillary or Rand Paul, I’m getting in the car and I am voting for Rand Paul. If it’s Hillary and Ted Cruz, I’m voting for Ted Cruz,” Glenn concluded. “I don’t think anyone will go to the polls for the Hillary Clinton or Jeb Bush. If those are your two candidates, you watch the turnout. It will be one of the lowest turnouts in American history.”

mrsat_98
04-03-2014, 04:32 PM
I don't think I could pull the lever for either.

GunnyFreedom
04-03-2014, 04:34 PM
Cthulhu. Just get it over with.

Philhelm
04-03-2014, 04:35 PM
I would consider voting for Whorellary Cunton. May as well go full retard and get this show started.

Cap
04-03-2014, 04:38 PM
Why I write in Ron Paul of course.

kahless
04-03-2014, 04:42 PM
Will have to see who the 3rd party candidate is otherwise will be staying home.

squarepusher
04-03-2014, 04:43 PM
0 chance another bush would be up

Anti Federalist
04-03-2014, 04:45 PM

No brainer, amirite?

Wrote in RP in 2008.

Wrote in RP in 2012.

If that is the "choice", I'll write in RP again in 2016.

Wooden Indian
04-03-2014, 04:49 PM
Ron Paul or whomever the Libertarian candidate is (assuming they're worthy of course).

RM918
04-03-2014, 05:07 PM
If I was forced to pick between either of them with no other options, I would instead jump off a cliff.

lib3rtarian
04-03-2014, 05:25 PM
I'll vote for the LP candidate if there is one on the ballot, but otherwise Jeb Bush, because of the court appointees.

mrsat_98
04-03-2014, 05:29 PM
http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2546736/

WASHINGTON SECRETS
Poll: Hillary Clinton winning Catholics, Protestants, and 36% of evangelicals
BY PAUL BEDARD | APRIL 3, 2014 AT 3:04 PM
TOPICS: WASHINGTON SECRETS HILLARY CLINTON BILL CLINTON 2016 ELECTIONS RAND PAUL CHRIS CHRISTIE JOHN ZOGBY JEB BUSH
Photo - Polling suggests that Hillary Clinton would win over 50 of the vote in 2016, more than her husband did in 1992 and 1996. AP Photo
Polling suggests that Hillary Clinton would win over 50 of the vote in 2016, more than her...
With a crushing dominance shown in repeated polls, Democrat Hillary Clinton is on a path to do something her husband and two-term president never achieved: win a majority of more than 50 percent of the presidential vote in 2016.

In the latest poll, Zogby Analytics confirmed the trend showing the former secretary of state, one-term New York senator and former first lady beating Sen. Rand Paul, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie by more than 50 percent.

Seizing a majority would give her substantial bragging rights over her husband, who won in 1992 with just 43 percent of the vote and re-election in 1996 with 49 percent. In each year, Bill Clinton and the Republican candidate lost votes to independent Ross Perot.

Aided by a huge gender gap, Clinton in the Zogby poll edges Bush 51 percent to 33 percent, beats Paul 53 percent to 32 percent and wins over Christie 52 percent to 29 percent.

She leads the Republicans among virtually all groups of voters, including younger Americans, men, white voters and independents. She’s even supported by 36 percent of evangelical voters.

Asked where she falls short, pollster John Zogby told Secrets that she loses Republicans, conservatives and evangelicals.

“For today, Mrs. Clinton is riding a crest and the GOP candidates are under water,” said Zogby, who also does the weekly Obama Report Card for Secrets. It posts every Saturday morning.

Some of the details from Zogby's latest polling:

In a race against former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, Mrs. Clinton leads 51% to 33%, with 16% undecided. A close look at the poll's internals suggests that the former First Lady and U.S. Senator strongly holds on to the main elements of the Democratic base that propelled Barack Obama to victory twice. She leads 49% to 38% among men and 53% to 29% among women; she holds big leads among all voting groups under 65; she wins 87% support among Democrats and holds a 17-point lead among independents (45%-28%); has a 37 point lead with moderates (58%-21%) and almost clears the deck with liberals (87%-5%).

Mrs. Clinton also is ahead among Catholics (47%-34%) and Protestants (47%-39%), including receiving 36% support among Born Again/Evangelical voters. She wins among voters in union households (65%-23%), married voters (48%-37%) and single voters (56%-26%); social networkers (61%-27%), Investor Class (56%-32%), the Creative Class (57%-28%), and Weekly Wal-Mart Shoppers (54%-33%). She holds a 3-point lead among white voters (43%-40%), and wallops Mr. Bush among both Hispanics (67%-17%) and African Americans (84%-9%).

Mrs. Clinton fares even better against both Kentucky Senator Rand Paul (53%-32%) and New Jersey Governor Chris Christie (52%-29%). Sub-group support is about the same as her race against Governor Bush, except Senator Paul appears to be doing better among younger voters, a group he is targeting for support. Mrs. Clinton leads Mr. Paul 49% to 32%, while her lead against Mr. Bush among these voters is 54%-30%. She leads Mr. Christie among young voters 55%-28%.

Paul Bedard, the Washington Examiner's "Washington Secrets" columnist, can be contacted at pbedard@washingtonexaminer.com.
Share this articl

mrsat_98
04-03-2014, 05:33 PM
I'll vote for the LP candidate if there is one on the ballot, but otherwise Jeb Bush, because of the court appointees.

In other words "because he sucks less".

ZENemy
04-03-2014, 05:38 PM
No confidence 2016

GunnyFreedom
04-03-2014, 05:47 PM
...and Cassie pulled the trigger...

donnay
04-03-2014, 06:06 PM

Ditto

anaconda
04-03-2014, 06:08 PM
The best third party candidate is the only choice for me.

rpfocus
04-03-2014, 06:10 PM
LP, unless the nom is Gary Johnson, in which case Ron Paul.

Christian Liberty
04-03-2014, 06:36 PM
LP, unless the nom is Gary Johnson, in which case Ron Paul.

Johnson > Barr.

That said, I wouldn't vote for Jeb OR Ted Cruz. I think its lame that Glenn would vote for Ted Cruz. Oh well. At least he won't vote for an establishment candidate that's actually wearing wolf clothing rather than a wolf wearing sheep's clothing

thoughtomator
04-03-2014, 06:42 PM
if it's going to be that long before liberty sees the light of day, may as well get used to writing in "Justin Amash" early

MichaelDavis
04-03-2014, 07:10 PM
Jeb Bush. Third parties are a joke.

LibertyEagle
04-03-2014, 07:10 PM
If those were the choices, I would stay home.

Suzanimal
04-03-2014, 07:12 PM
Hilary Clinton vs Jeb Bush, who are you going to vote for ?

Neither

and why ?

Because they're both assholes.

fr33
04-03-2014, 07:24 PM
Someone else.

klamath
04-03-2014, 07:40 PM
http://washingtonexaminer.com/article/2546736/

WASHINGTON SECRETS
Poll: Hillary Clinton winning Catholics, Protestants, and 36% of evangelicals
BY PAUL BEDARD | APRIL 3, 2014 AT 3:04 PM
TOPICS: WASHINGTON SECRETS HILLARY CLINTON BILL CLINTON 2016 ELECTIONS RAND PAUL CHRIS CHRISTIE JOHN ZOGBY JEB BUSH
Photo - Polling suggests that Hillary Clinton would win over 50 of the vote in 2016, more than her husband did in 1992 and 1996. AP Photo
Polling suggests that Hillary Clinton would win over 50 of the vote in 2016, more than her...
With a crushing dominance shown in repeated polls, Democrat Hillary Clinton is on a path to do something her husband and two-term president never achieved: win a majority of more than 50 percent of the presidential vote in 2016.

In the latest poll, Zogby Analytics confirmed the trend showing the former secretary of state, one-term New York senator and former first lady beating Sen. Rand Paul, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush and New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie by more than 50 percent.

Seizing a majority would give her substantial bragging rights over her husband, who won in 1992 with just 43 percent of the vote and re-election in 1996 with 49 percent. In each year, Bill Clinton and the Republican candidate lost votes to independent Ross Perot.

Aided by a huge gender gap, Clinton in the Zogby poll edges Bush 51 percent to 33 percent, beats Paul 53 percent to 32 percent and wins over Christie 52 percent to 29 percent.

She leads the Republicans among virtually all groups of voters, including younger Americans, men, white voters and independents. She’s even supported by 36 percent of evangelical voters.

Asked where she falls short, pollster John Zogby told Secrets that she loses Republicans, conservatives and evangelicals.

“For today, Mrs. Clinton is riding a crest and the GOP candidates are under water,” said Zogby, who also does the weekly Obama Report Card for Secrets. It posts every Saturday morning.

Some of the details from Zogby's latest polling:

In a race against former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, Mrs. Clinton leads 51% to 33%, with 16% undecided. A close look at the poll's internals suggests that the former First Lady and U.S. Senator strongly holds on to the main elements of the Democratic base that propelled Barack Obama to victory twice. She leads 49% to 38% among men and 53% to 29% among women; she holds big leads among all voting groups under 65; she wins 87% support among Democrats and holds a 17-point lead among independents (45%-28%); has a 37 point lead with moderates (58%-21%) and almost clears the deck with liberals (87%-5%).

Mrs. Clinton also is ahead among Catholics (47%-34%) and Protestants (47%-39%), including receiving 36% support among Born Again/Evangelical voters. She wins among voters in union households (65%-23%), married voters (48%-37%) and single voters (56%-26%); social networkers (61%-27%), Investor Class (56%-32%), the Creative Class (57%-28%), and Weekly Wal-Mart Shoppers (54%-33%). She holds a 3-point lead among white voters (43%-40%), and wallops Mr. Bush among both Hispanics (67%-17%) and African Americans (84%-9%).

Mrs. Clinton fares even better against both Kentucky Senator Rand Paul (53%-32%) and New Jersey Governor Chris Christie (52%-29%). Sub-group support is about the same as her race against Governor Bush, except Senator Paul appears to be doing better among younger voters, a group he is targeting for support. Mrs. Clinton leads Mr. Paul 49% to 32%, while her lead against Mr. Bush among these voters is 54%-30%. She leads Mr. Christie among young voters 55%-28%.

Paul Bedard, the Washington Examiner's "Washington Secrets" columnist, can be contacted at pbedard@washingtonexaminer.com.
Share this articl I do not believe Zogby. He is a known democratic pollster and I do NOT believe that the Republican base has dropped to less than 40%. She maybe leading but the republicans are not realistically polling below 40%.

dillo
04-03-2014, 07:49 PM

The conservative judges arent really any better

lib3rtarian
04-03-2014, 08:12 PM
The conservative judges arent really any better

In some cases this is true (e.g. Obamacare), but in some cases, they are indeed better. I can't even begin to imagine the long lasting damage to the country if the courts are all stacked with liberal judges.

MelissaWV
04-03-2014, 08:16 PM
Write-ins are allowed, and since I will be there voting for other issues and offices, I will use that write-in to make myself feel better and vote for Ron if those two are the "choices."

Working Poor
04-03-2014, 08:24 PM
I will not vote for either of those assholes.

Tywysog Cymru
04-03-2014, 08:28 PM
I wonder if Chuck Baldwin is up for another run for President.

Christian Liberty
04-03-2014, 08:28 PM
I wonder if Chuck Baldwin is up for another run for President.

I'd vote for him in a heartbeat.

DamianTV
04-03-2014, 08:38 PM
http://www.politifake.org/image/political/1209/the-lesser-two-evils-libertarian-third-party-politics-1348016485.jpg

Dogsoldier
04-03-2014, 09:02 PM
In some cases this is true (e.g. Obamacare), but in some cases, they are indeed better. I can't even begin to imagine the long lasting damage to the country if the courts are all stacked with liberal judges.

If we keep voting for these type candidates then what you fear WILL HAPPEN! And you helped.

surf
04-03-2014, 09:18 PM
LP, unless the nom is Gary Johnson, in which case Ron Paul.c'mon man. you must not remember Barr. Johnson's better than most, and the "don't hurt me, don't take my stuff" platform has always appealed to me.

the only republican I've voted for in the Presidential election is Ron Paul in 2008. and that's one more than the total number of democrats I've ever voted for.

I never have and never will vote for a Bush or a Clinton. they're f#cking warmongers.

cajuncocoa
04-03-2014, 09:21 PM
“If it’s Hillary or Rand Paul, I’m getting in the car and I am voting for Rand Paul. If it’s Hillary and Ted Cruz, I’m voting for Ted Cruz,” Glenn concluded. “I don’t think anyone will go to the polls for the Hillary Clinton or Jeb Bush. If those are your two candidates, you watch the turnout. It will be one of the lowest turnouts in American history.”He realizes there are other choices, doesn't he?

Dogsoldier
04-03-2014, 09:21 PM
c'mon man. you must not remember Barr. Johnson's better than most, and the "don't hurt me, don't take my stuff" platform has always appealed to me.

the only republican I've voted for in the Presidential election is Ron Paul in 2008. and that's one more than the total number of democrats than I've ever voted for.

I never have and never will vote for a Bush or a Clinton. they're f#cking warmongers.

Lets hope the libertarian party actually runs a libertarian...lol....No Bob Barrs!

fr33
04-03-2014, 09:36 PM
I'd vote for Johnson again if he's the LP nominee but it would be better if the LP chose a candidate more like Ron Paul on foreign policy.

*edit: If Rand is the nominee for the GOP, then it would be nice if the LP chose someone like Bob Barr :P

MichaelDavis
04-03-2014, 09:52 PM

Only one conservative judge, John Roberts, voted to allow Obamacare. He said it was bad policy, but it was constitutional (which obviously isn't true). Menwhile, every Democrat-appointed judge voted for it. Cases like McCutcheon v. Federal Election Commission show why pretty much every Republican is better than every Democrat.

dillo
04-03-2014, 09:56 PM
Only one conservative judge, John Roberts, voted to allow Obamacare. He said it was bad policy, but it was constitutional (which obviously isn't true). Menwhile, every Democrat-appointed judge voted for it. Cases like McCutcheon v. Federal Election Commission show why pretty much every Republican is better than every Democrat.

They are horrible on civil rights, Im more concerned about the police state than Obamacare, which I thought was the right decision.

Christian Liberty
04-03-2014, 10:02 PM
He realizes there are other choices, doesn't he?

No, he probably doesn't:p

I'd vote for Johnson again if he's the LP nominee but it would be better if the LP chose a candidate more like Ron Paul on foreign policy.

*edit: If Rand is the nominee for the GOP, then it would be nice if the LP chose someone like Bob Barr :P

I would have voted for him in 2012, but at this point I'd just stay home. Why should I waste my time? I mean, its not like Gary Johnson isn't evil. I can't say with a straight face that the man is a "lesser good."

If Rand is the nominee and Barr is the LP candidate, Lol! The GOP would start promoting the LP:)

Christian Liberty
04-03-2014, 10:03 PM
They are horrible on civil rights, Im more concerned about the police state than Obamacare, which I thought was the right decision.

Why isn't there a "hang them all" option?;)

Spikender
04-03-2014, 10:24 PM
This is like asking me who I would rather vote for, Sauron or Darth Vader.

I know it's just a hypothetical, but I would write in Ron Paul in a heartbeat rather than waste my time even contemplating this.

Occam's Banana
04-03-2014, 10:36 PM

In that case, I would write in Cthulhu.

Christian Liberty
04-03-2014, 11:00 PM

I know it's just a hypothetical, but I would write in Ron Paul in a heartbeat rather than waste my time even contemplating this.

I'd consider both Sauron and Darth Vader preferable to the above options. Satan himself is probably borderline;)

Spikender
04-03-2014, 11:20 PM
I'd consider both Sauron and Darth Vader preferable to the above options. Satan himself is probably borderline;)

Well, at least Sauron has a pretty eye, Vader has a styling outfit, and Satan's domestic policy is sensible.

In that case, I would write in Cthulhu.

Good idea, maybe throw in Shub-Niggurath as VP.

Christian Liberty
04-03-2014, 11:43 PM
I think we already have Satan's domestic policy. Satan certainly controls the US government.

Spikender
04-03-2014, 11:49 PM
Yes, that's why I said it's sensible. Everyone knows Satan's up to no good, so his domestic policy makes sense.

Jeb and Hillary on the other horn profess to be good people, but follow in Satan's footsteps.

Really, they just need to go all the way and just join the Church of Satan. I would support their coming out of the closet.

Christian Liberty
04-04-2014, 12:01 AM
Yes, that's why I said it's sensible. Everyone knows Satan's up to no good, so his domestic policy makes sense.

Jeb and Hillary on the other horn profess to be good people, but follow in Satan's footsteps.

Really, they just need to go all the way and just join the Church of Satan. I would support their coming out of the closet.

While we're at it, you should just become a Christian:)

Spikender
04-04-2014, 12:14 AM
While we're at it, you should just become a Christian:)

I'm not against Christianity, it's the religion I'm closest to considering most of my family, especially my extended family, are all Christians.

But at this point, I'm just not a believer. Maybe there just hasn't been something in my life that has occurred that led me to God. If I'm meant to change my mind, I'm sure it will happen.

For right now, though, I'm an agnostic for the foreseeable future.

Keep trying though, you might just break me down, pal.

oyarde
04-04-2014, 12:49 AM
First of all , that claim is full fucking retard . Dems would come out in same droves as Obummers first election . Basically , any Pub is against 1/2 of the vote , nationally . In order to win , every dumb dickhead who actually pays Fed tax and gets no benefits would have to vote for you . H. Clinton wins women's vote , all minority votes , union votes , food stamp votes , welfare votes , progressive vote , communist votes , socialist votes , " green" communist votes etc , that will leave , oh about 30 some percent for Jeb .....

oyarde
04-04-2014, 12:54 AM
Beck votes for Clinton .

dannno
04-04-2014, 12:58 AM
“Okay, so we have Hillary or Jeb. Hillary or Chris Christie. Hillary or Marco Rubio,” Glenn said. “I don’t even get up to [vote]. It’s Election Day. I don’t care. If those are your two choices, I am campaigning for a libertarian… I’m campaigning for a third party.”

It's really too bad he's so politically bi-polar.

oyarde
04-04-2014, 01:03 AM
It's really too bad he's so politically bi-polar.

Not really , he is just a gay progressive that has not come out yet , soon he will be helping Gore make his next movie , massaging his feet . lol

Spikender
04-04-2014, 01:06 AM
Not really , he is just a gay progressive that has not come out yet , soon he will be helping Gore make his next movie , massaging his feet . lol

A Michael Moore and Glenn Beck twerk video would be stellar.

oyarde
04-04-2014, 01:15 AM
Amerika needs to man up and face facts , Dem , Reid senate is commie , Pres is too , next Pres will be as well if it is Dem . Other choices will be socialist Rhinos or Rand .Take your pick .

oyarde
04-04-2014, 01:20 AM
Jeb's only chance for victory would be push Biden out , Join H Clinton on the Commie ticket .... they would start with , oh 51 1/2 % of the vote , you would have to work from there to defeat them .....

nobody's_hero
04-04-2014, 06:01 AM

I would think after Justice John Roberts (allegedly a conservative) voted to uphold Obamacare, we might be able to put to rest the myth that SC appointments mean anything.

Peace&Freedom
04-04-2014, 07:27 AM
I'd vote for both of them, to go to jail. Otherwise go with the LP candidate (even Barr was better than the duopoly choices). Really, if Republicans can't get behind the watered down, constantly neocon pandering, and telegenically superior campaign of Rand Paul in the primaries, many will cry "enough." If the liberty candidacy is crushed or rigged out of victory for the third straight time, I predict the beginnings of a mass breakaway from the two party paradigm.

klamath
04-04-2014, 07:39 AM
Jeb or nobody. Third parties candidates are really no better than the R or D candidates. I am Done with third party and write in protest votes unless a really great candidate runs a powerful campaign with a chance of winning.

pcosmar
04-04-2014, 08:11 AM

Same.

Just for the statement.
(beats voting Mickey Mouse or Pat Paulsen)

http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn26/ern68/99copy.jpg

Christian Liberty
04-04-2014, 10:35 AM
I'm not against Christianity, it's the religion I'm closest to considering most of my family, especially my extended family, are all Christians.

But at this point, I'm just not a believer. Maybe there just hasn't been something in my life that has occurred that led me to God. If I'm meant to change my mind, I'm sure it will happen.

For right now, though, I'm an agnostic for the foreseeable future.

Keep trying though, you might just break me down, pal.

I don't want to derail this thread. If you're interested in discussing this, PM me. Or jump into the religion subforum circus:p

Jeb or nobody. Third parties candidates are really no better than the R or D candidates. I am Done with third party and write in protest votes unless a really great candidate runs a powerful campaign with a chance of winning.

I wasn't a fan of any of the third party candidates around last time, and at this point I probably would not take the time to vote for any of them. But, I'd take any one of them over the main two.

Chuck Baldwin in '08 was a great candidate.

Brian4Liberty
04-04-2014, 10:55 AM
Hold on. You mean to tell me that Hillary and Jeb won't be running on the same ticket? They are in the same Party aren't they? Identify one difference between the two...

jllundqu
04-04-2014, 11:00 AM
Emperor Palpatine is preferable to the listed choices.

http://cdn-media.hollywood.com/images/l/Emperor-Palpatine.jpg

Thor
04-04-2014, 11:02 AM
I would consider voting for Whorellary Cunton. May as well go full retard and get this show started.

+1 for Hitlary, just as a "fuck you" vote to the GOP if the choice is Jeb.

And by the way, Buck Feck too.

surf
04-04-2014, 11:03 AM
Jeb or nobody. Third parties candidates are really no better than the R or D candidates. I am Done with third party and write in protest votes unless a really great candidate runs a powerful campaign with a chance of winning.and I can see why you'd like to enhance the Bush legacy.

the lesser of two evils... well you know.

klamath
04-04-2014, 11:19 AM
Hold on. You mean to tell me that Hillary and Jeb won't be running on the same ticket? They are in the same Party aren't they? Identify one difference between the two...Right off the top of my head. Hillary has voted for, pushed for and helped run every war the US has been in for the last 20 years. Jeb by association maybe, but nothing solid is actual running wars or voting for wars. There is no Fucking question about what Hilary will do if elected. She has show no sign of backing off any war ever.

NIU Students for Liberty
04-04-2014, 11:25 AM

How is Jeb better than your typical third party candidate or staying home?

NIU Students for Liberty
04-04-2014, 11:27 AM
Right off the top of my head. Hillary has voted for, pushed for and helped run every war the US has been in for the last 20 years. Jeb by association maybe, but nothing solid is actual running wars or voting for wars. There is no Fucking question about what Hilary will do if elected. She has show no sign of backing off any war ever.

Do you honestly think Jeb would campaign as the "peace" candidate against Clinton?

klamath
04-04-2014, 11:31 AM
How is Jeb better than your typical third party candidate or staying home?
Staying home was one of my options. Jeb would be about the same as most third party candidates but he would be the only one besides Hillary that might win.

klamath
04-04-2014, 11:34 AM
Do you honestly think Jeb would campaign as the "peace" candidate against Clinton? Do you honestly think what a person campaigns on and actually does are the same???? Hillary has a solid record of war support, Jep doesn't.

Brian4Liberty
04-04-2014, 11:34 AM
Right off the top of my head. Hillary has voted for, pushed for and helped run every war the US has been in for the last 20 years. Jeb by association maybe, but nothing solid is actual running wars or voting for wars. There is no Fucking question about what Hilary will do if elected. She has show no sign of backing off any war ever.

We are talking about founding PNAC member Jeb Bush aren't we?

NIU Students for Liberty
04-04-2014, 11:35 AM
Staying home was one of my options. Jeb would be about the same as most third party candidates but he would be the only one besides Hillary that might win.

Pretty sure most third party candidates run on an anti-war/pro-civil liberties platform. That already beats Jeb's corporatist economic platform.

Brian4Liberty
04-04-2014, 11:35 AM
Do you honestly think what a person campaigns on and actually does are the same???? Hillary has a solid record of war support, Jep doesn't.

Boy, you're in for a big surprise.

Christian Liberty
04-04-2014, 11:36 AM
Do you honestly think what a person campaigns on and actually does are the same???? Hillary has a solid record of war support, Jep doesn't.

He's George W. Bush's brother. Unless/until he comes out and condemns his brother straight out, I do not want another Bush.

NIU Students for Liberty
04-04-2014, 11:36 AM

He may not have had an effect on foreign policy as a governor but he sure has hell vocally supported neo-conservative interventionist policies, even after his brother left office.

http://time.com/42333/jeb-bush-blames-obama-for-american-passivity/

NIU Students for Liberty
04-04-2014, 11:39 AM
Going back to the OP, didn't Beck begrudgingly support and vote for Romney once he became the nominee? Why all of a sudden should anyone believe Beck is now all of a sudden going to campaign for a libertarian?

klamath
04-04-2014, 11:44 AM
Boy, you're in for a big surprise. Nope. No surprise for me. It would come down to a very probable versus a dead on sure thing. I would be forced into playing the odds no matter how small IF I voted.

Christian Liberty
04-04-2014, 11:46 AM
Hold on. You mean to tell me that Hillary and Jeb won't be running on the same ticket? They are in the same Party aren't they? Identify one difference between the two...

Hillary is a woman;)

Actually... scratch that:p

Going back to the OP, didn't Beck begrudgingly support and vote for Romney once he became the nominee? Why all of a sudden should anyone believe Beck is now all of a sudden going to campaign for a libertarian?

I could be wrong, but I think Beck just stupidly thought Romney was BETTER than Obama. I don't think Glenn actually liked Romney, and I don't think Beck wants another RINO. Of course, Beck is still deceived enough to think the GOP is better than the Dems (see endorsement for Romney) and Cruz has completely fooled him just like he has half this forum. And, of course, TPTB is using Beck's deception to their advantage. But I don't think Beck is consciously evil like I believe Levin, Hannity, and Limbaugh are.

Tywysog Cymru
04-04-2014, 11:47 AM

I'm pretty sure just about any third party candidate is better than Jeb or Hillary with some exceptions. It also sends a message to the establishment.

klamath
04-04-2014, 11:49 AM
He may not have had an effect on foreign policy as a governor but he sure has hell vocally supported neo-conservative interventionist policies, even after his brother left office.

http://time.com/42333/jeb-bush-blames-obama-for-american-passivity/Again doing versus saying. A candidate may not be for US intervention but supports and condones other foreign government intervention and in the real world that can lead to war just as fast if not faster. Many third party candidates fall in this category.

klamath
04-04-2014, 11:52 AM
He's George W. Bush's brother. Unless/until he comes out and condemns his brother straight out, I do not want another Bush.

I do not want another Bush however Bush opposed some of Clintons wars Hillary has opposed NONE.

Christian Liberty
04-04-2014, 11:52 AM
I'm pretty sure just about any third party candidate is better than Jeb or Hillary with some exceptions. It also sends a message to the establishment.

All of the '12 and '08 third party candidates I was familiar with were far better than Jeb or Hillary. Including Jill Stein, economic ignoramous though she was.

Again doing versus saying. A candidate may not be for US intervention but supports and condones other foreign government intervention and in the real world that can lead to war just as fast if not faster. Many third party candidates fall in this category.

Who?

Christian Liberty
04-04-2014, 11:53 AM
I do not want another Bush however Bush opposed some of Clintons wars Hillary has opposed NONE.

I'm not defending Hillary obviously, but Jeb Bush said those things before 9/11. "9/11 changed everything" as the neocons say. George W. was criticizing Clinton's wars back then too.

jllundqu
04-04-2014, 11:55 AM
I'm not a fan of G Beck, but since the question came up ?

http://www.glennbeck.com/2014/04/03/hillary-clinton-vs-jeb-bush-who-would-you-vote-for/

Hillary Bush vs. Jeb Clinton: Who would you vote for?

FIFY

klamath
04-04-2014, 11:56 AM
All of the '12 and '08 third party candidates I was familiar with were far better than Jeb or Hillary. Including Jill Stein, economic ignoramous though she was.

Who? many of the libertarians openly supporting putins invasion.

klamath
04-04-2014, 12:02 PM
I'm not defending Hillary obviously, but Jeb Bush said those things before 9/11. "9/11 changed everything" as the neocons say. George W. was criticizing Clinton's wars back then too. I am not supporting Jeb. I will fight against him tooth and nail in the primaries but faced with the choice in November between Hillary and Jeb I can't outright say I wouldn't vote for him. Hillary IS worst than Obama on ALL issues.

Tywysog Cymru
04-04-2014, 12:08 PM
Any Congressmen that might be likely to run third party? Massie and Amash don't seem like the type to do that. I could see Jimmy Duncan run for the Constitution Party, he'd make a good candidate (only remaining Republican to vote against Iraq War).

Brian4Liberty
04-04-2014, 12:37 PM
Jeb Bush scandals:

http://www.motherjones.com/politics/1992/09/bush-family-value

donnay
04-04-2014, 12:48 PM
Bush Dynasty or Clinton Dynasty = less liberty and more government control-- count on it.

Uriah
04-04-2014, 01:02 PM
The best third party candidate is the only choice for me.

This.

And the article says Russia gearing for war with Poland... Putin has balls of brass but he isn't crazy to outright go to war with NATO. He is trying to save the core of Russia and improve on their strategic geographical buffer. Look at what Russia is pushing for through their talks with the US and EU.

Philhelm
04-04-2014, 01:15 PM
Bush Dynasty or Clinton Dynasty = less liberty and more government control-- count on it.

The White House is mine, by right. We shall have no more baseborn abominations within its walls. It isn't King's Landing.

AuH20
04-04-2014, 01:23 PM

As a preventative measure to stop Obama. Even Ron went as far to say that Romney would have been a slight upgrade comparitively to Obama. I think reality has finally sunk in to Glenn, in that he views that the game is no longer winnable, from at least a conventional sense.

AuH20
04-04-2014, 01:32 PM
Are people that deluded to simply vote for Hillary because (a) she has a vagina and (B) the 90s were a period characterized by great wealth (thanks to scams galore).

Tywysog Cymru
04-04-2014, 01:42 PM
Is there still an anti-war wing of the Democratic Party, if so, it could cause her trouble in the primaries.

Peace&Freedom
04-04-2014, 01:42 PM
The establishment is simply returning to form by putting its thumb on the scale to try to engineer a Bush vs Clinton choice in 2016. Until 2008, there had been a Bush or a Clinton on the Presidential ticket in every race going back to 1980. The more one thinks about it, the clearer it seems the default plan was for Hillary to rule the last two terms, not Obarry, followed by Jeb winning in '16. And perhaps by '24, the Clintonistas might have bought Chelsea a congressional seat, and had her ready to be the VP candidate that year. And so on.

Christian Liberty
04-04-2014, 01:45 PM
As a preventative measure to stop Obama. Even Ron went as far to say that Romney would have been a slight upgrade comparitively to Obama. I think reality has finally sunk in to Glenn, in that he views that the game is no longer winnable, from at least a conventional sense.

I think Ron went too far. Obama was actually the slightly better candidate, although the reasons why were mostly external to himself.

Christian Liberty
04-04-2014, 01:45 PM
The establishment is simply returning to form by putting its thumb on the scale to try to engineer a Bush vs Clinton choice in 2016. Until 2008, there had been a Bush or a Clinton on the Presidential ticket in every race going back to 1980. The more one thinks about it, the clearer it seems the default plan was for Hillary to rule the last two terms, not Obarry, followed by Jeb winning in '16. And perhaps by '24, the Clintonistas might have bought Chelsea a congressional seat, and had her ready to be the VP candidate that year. And so on.

Woah...

AuH20
04-04-2014, 01:46 PM

With a rapidly shrinking pie, the entrenched special interests want to make certain that their pipeline to credit and governmental power is not abruptly cut off. That's all this is about. Control of human capital and resources. Keep the party going a little longer. Remember the parasitic facehuggers from the Alien series? That's what these 2 represent.

Tywysog Cymru
04-04-2014, 01:55 PM
I think Ron went too far. Obama was actually the slightly better candidate, although the reasons why were mostly external to himself.

It's like Obama is Vladimir Lenin, but there are plenty of Josef Stalins around that make him seem palatable to many people. Maybe I went a little too far.

Christian Liberty
04-04-2014, 02:04 PM
It's like Obama is Vladimir Lenin, but there are plenty of Josef Stalins around that make him seem palatable to many people. Maybe I went a little too far.

Here's the thing, Obama:

a. Had only one term left

b. Is not a loose cannon (evil, but predictable)

c. Will cause Republicans to at least pretend to oppose big government.

I wouldn't even say "palatable." Obama could be impeached, tried, and hanged in the middle of Washington DC, and it would still be less than what he deserves. But, Romney would have kept Rand Paul out for at least 8 years, caused Republicans to stop pretending to support big government, and would have been unpredictable, especially on foreign policy.

McCain was even worse. If McCain were President right now, we'd probably be in WWIII with Russia.

Christian Liberty
04-04-2014, 02:05 PM

I'll take a dead Josef Stalin over a living Obama as President any day of the week:p

juleswin
04-04-2014, 02:14 PM

Same with me, if someone put a gun to my head and asked me to pick one. I will pick Hillary, a Jeb Bush will quite down even more the little small government activism that is going on. Also a Jeb Bush defeat will solidify the idea that moderate democrat lite presidential candidates are not viable.

So Bush if I had to pick one or just vote for the third party guy/gal/ or Ron/Rand Paul

Tywysog Cymru
04-04-2014, 02:18 PM
Here's the thing, Obama:

a. Had only one term left

b. Is not a loose cannon (evil, but predictable)

c. Will cause Republicans to at least pretend to oppose big government.

I wouldn't even say "palatable." Obama could be impeached, tried, and hanged in the middle of Washington DC, and it would still be less than what he deserves. But, Romney would have kept Rand Paul out for at least 8 years, caused Republicans to stop pretending to support big government, and would have been unpredictable, especially on foreign policy.

McCain was even worse. If McCain were President right now, we'd probably be in WWIII with Russia.

Well, Obama doesn't seem like an evil mastermind that Clinton is, he seems to just do whatever his advisers (like Clinton) tell him to do. He seems to still have something resembling a conscience on some occasions. He actually has withdrawn most troops from Iraq and started negotiating with Iran. The latter showed that, even though he's a hawk, over half the Senate thought he was too dovish.

You should read the Weekly Standard, they constantly attack Obama as "weak."

I'll take a dead Josef Stalin over a living Obama as President any day of the week:p

Well, you're an Anarchist, of course you want the office of the Presidency to be vacant!;)

Christian Liberty
04-04-2014, 02:30 PM
Well, Obama doesn't seem like an evil mastermind that Clinton is, he seems to just do whatever his advisers (like Clinton) tell him to do. He seems to still have something resembling a conscience on some occasions. He actually has withdrawn most troops from Iraq and started negotiating with Iran. The latter showed that, even though he's a hawk, over half the Senate thought he was too dovish.

You should read the Weekly Standard, they constantly attack Obama as "weak."

I still think he's evil, I think he's just feigning decency. What truly decent person could murder people in Pakistan with drones or support such?

Well, you're an Anarchist, of course you want the office of the Presidency to be vacant!;)

Do you disagree with me?:p

Tywysog Cymru
04-04-2014, 03:03 PM
I still think he's evil, I think he's just feigning decency. What truly decent person could murder people in Pakistan with drones or support such?

He just restrains his evil, he shows moments of decency and mercy because he knows what he's doing is wrong.

Do you disagree with me?:p

I'm not an Anarchist, but it no government is better than Socialism.

Christian Liberty
04-04-2014, 03:15 PM
He just restrains his evil, he shows moments of decency and mercy because he knows what he's doing is wrong.

Yep.

I'm not an Anarchist, but it no government is better than Socialism.

OK, than you agree with what I said.

BTW: I never use the word "Anarchist" as a self-descriptor without some other modification. I occasionally use "anarcho-capitalist" but usually I use "voluntarist" "anti-statist" or "Biblical Christian"

I know you know what "anarchist" means, but most people read into it either an opposition to all authority whatsoever, chaos, or both.

klamath
04-04-2014, 04:24 PM
Is there still an anti-war wing of the Democratic Party, if so, it could cause her trouble in the primaries.Not big enough to stop her. Besides to that wing gay rights trump anti war so they will still vote for Hillary.

Tywysog Cymru
04-04-2014, 05:00 PM
Not big enough to stop her. Besides to that wing gay rights trump anti war so they will still vote for Hillary.

She doesn't have to lose the primary, but she needs some opposition in the primaries to focus on. Some might vote Green Party after Hillary wins. I'm going to go to liberal-dominated forums and remind the posters of her hawkish views.

04-04-2014, 05:57 PM
I dislike Hillary enough to vote for Jeb.

klamath
04-04-2014, 06:05 PM
She doesn't have to lose the primary, but she needs some opposition in the primaries to focus on. Some might vote Green Party after Hillary wins. I'm going to go to liberal-dominated forums and remind the posters of her hawkish views.I think Rand could make some REAL hard hitting general election ads called "What war has Hillary opposed? Do you want more war America?" Then just list her statements in favor of every war in the last 20 years. Anti war dems may never vote for Rand but reality may very well drive them to stay home on election day.

rpfocus
04-04-2014, 06:53 PM

I don't think you can compare Clinton's 'wars' (which were basically just UN and NATO missions) to H.W and Dubya's Idiot Adventures in Iraq. Did I miss Jeb opposing the Bush Family Adventures?

rpfocus
04-04-2014, 07:02 PM

This site's namesake was 3rd Party. Sure, he went and got some mud on his shoes and went R to reach a wider audience for 2012. So what happened when Paul decided to play by (R) rules? They pulled from their book of dirty tricks, and refused to seat his delegates and then pulled the "The Ayes Have It!" Scam. Good luck with that.

NIU Students for Liberty
04-04-2014, 07:28 PM

Shocking.

klamath
04-04-2014, 09:13 PM
I don't think you can compare Clinton's 'wars' (which were basically just UN and NATO missions) to H.W and Dubya's Idiot Adventures in Iraq. Did I miss Jeb opposing the Bush Family Adventures?It wasn't comparing them. Hillary supported all of them, Clintons and bush"s. Nice democratic talking points though by the way. I guess you didn't realize HW's war WAS a UN mission. You probably ought to fact check your talking points so you don't come off as a fool.

klamath
04-04-2014, 09:18 PM
This site's namesake was 3rd Party. Sure, he went and got some mud on his shoes and went R to reach a wider audience for 2012. So what happened when Paul decided to play by (R) rules? They pulled from their book of dirty tricks, and refused to seat his delegates and then pulled the "The Ayes Have It!" Scam. Good luck with that. Get real. Ron couldn't even win the vote in his own congressional district, He was beaten by a fucking landslide by Romney in his own district. Oh my GOD! oh my god! Romney stole the nomination from RON!

Christian Liberty
04-04-2014, 09:29 PM
Not big enough to stop her. Besides to that wing gay rights trump anti war so they will still vote for Hillary.

"gay rights" is one of the stupidest phrases ever. Very few, if any, people actually disagree with "gay rights." And liberals are dishonest for pretending they do.

No, this is a lie. You mean that you are stupid enough to vote for Jeb. Or, at least, that's me assuming the best about you. Maybe you're evil enough to vote for Jeb. But, anyone who would ever vote for an establishment candidate without exception is in one of those two categories.

Get real. Ron couldn't even win the vote in his own congressional district, He was beaten by a fucking landslide by Romney in his own district. Oh my GOD! oh my god! Romney stole the nomination from RON!

In other words, there are a lot of evil, self-righteous hypocrites who need someone to be blunt enough to tell them how evil and self-righteous they are. Really, that's it.

anaconda
04-05-2014, 01:17 AM
Jeb's only chance for victory would be push Biden out , Join H Clinton on the Commie ticket .... they would start with , oh 51 1/2 % of the vote , you would have to work from there to defeat them .....

I believe something like this is definitely not off the table for 2016. Even John McCain was rumored to be on John Kerry's short list for VP picks in 2004. For 2015-2016, it would be spun as the "return to responsible government" ticket. Or the "just say no to political extremists" ticket. Or "Clinton/Bush - End The Obstructionism." Yet, I doubt that the elite would want to undermine the false two-party charade in this manner.

Dianne
04-05-2014, 03:11 AM
Neither of the two evils above. I'll vote for the Libertarian candidate, or write in.

Tywysog Cymru
04-05-2014, 06:55 AM
Get real. Ron couldn't even win the vote in his own congressional district, He was beaten by a fucking landslide by Romney in his own district. Oh my GOD! oh my god! Romney stole the nomination from RON!

By the time the primaries came to Texas, Romney was already the presumptive nominee. My dad voted for Romney in the Kentucky primaries, not because he liked Romney, but because no one else could win at that point.

If Paul had won Iowa and New Hampshire, his campaign would have more momentum.

klamath
04-05-2014, 07:49 AM
By the time the primaries came to Texas, Romney was already the presumptive nominee. My dad voted for Romney in the Kentucky primaries, not because he liked Romney, but because no one else could win at that point.

If Paul had won Iowa and New Hampshire, his campaign would have more momentum. Yeaw IF he had won. No matter what Ron should NOT have lost his own congressional district in a landslide. That is flat out pathetic and when people STILL to this day think RP had it in the bag to win the convention with a secret delegate strategy but was cheated out of it, shows complete separation from reality.

brandon
04-05-2014, 07:51 AM
Probably Hillary just based on the long standing strategic goals of the Libertarian Republican. A neocon getting elected to the top of our party is pretty much a death blow for our party movement.

Tywysog Cymru
04-05-2014, 08:45 AM
Yeaw IF he had won. No matter what Ron should NOT have lost his own congressional district in a landslide. That is flat out pathetic and when people STILL to this day think RP had it in the bag to win the convention with a secret delegate strategy but was cheated out of it, shows complete separation from reality.

I have to admit that I stopped paying attention to the Paul 2012 campaign after Super Tuesday (I was too young to vote anyway and live in a worthless primary state). I only remember a little bit about the delegate strategy. I only became a true supporter of Liberty in late 2012.

But I have seen YouTube videos about the media blackout of the campaign, etc. In Maine there were counties where they didn't count Ron Paul's votes. In a fair fight, I think Ron Paul would have won or at least forced a brokered convention.

Red Green
04-05-2014, 09:10 AM
I would just stay home.

And by 'home', I mean another country.

Red Green
04-05-2014, 09:11 AM
Probably Hillary just based on the long standing strategic goals of the Libertarian Republican. A neocon getting elected to the top of our party is pretty much a death blow for our party movement.

That was my thought with Romney. I was glad Obama won and as it turns out, Obama has been a great recruiter for the liberty movement.

klamath
04-05-2014, 09:26 AM
I have to admit that I stopped paying attention to the Paul 2012 campaign after Super Tuesday (I was too young to vote anyway and live in a worthless primary state). I only remember a little bit about the delegate strategy. I only became a true supporter of Liberty in late 2012.

But I have seen YouTube videos about the media blackout of the campaign, etc. In Maine there were counties where they didn't count Ron Paul's votes. In a fair fight, I think Ron Paul would have won or at least forced a brokered convention. Actually Ron got almost the same percentage of delegates as he got popular votes.. 10%. After losing Iowa and NH Ron had NO chance in hell of winning or getting ANYTHING close to a brokered convention. When 90% of the people do NOT voting for you, you are NOT in a position to dictate Anything to anyone. Pure massive numbers crushed Ron.
Ron getting hammered about the newsletters and then walking out of an interview because of it cost him Iowa. Despite the common belief around here that the stories of the santorum surge cost Ron the win in Iowa, it really was the newsletter walk out story that did.
Ron was surging in Iowa then the walk out story hit and dominated the 24 hour news cycle for about 4 days. All polling showed Rons surge flattened and retreated a full week before the first stories of the santorum surge even broke.

Lucille
04-05-2014, 09:38 AM
https://farm3.staticflickr.com/2899/13606792024_510bb0a6a0_b.jpg

http://www.zerohedge.com/contributed/2014-04-04/nitemare-2016

angelatc
04-05-2014, 09:53 AM

As tempted as I am to point out that HRC is also a neocon, I grudgingly admit that you have a point. Neocons or not, giving the big government conservatives yet another win sets the small government movement within the party back about 20 years.

But I probably would not vote for the office, or I would vote for a third party.

Brian4Liberty
04-05-2014, 10:54 AM
Hillary Clinton vs. Jeb Bush: Who would you vote for?

I will never vote for either of those individuals, under any circumstances. Never.

rpfocus
04-05-2014, 01:28 PM
It wasn't comparing them. Hillary supported all of them, Clintons and bush"s. Nice democratic talking points though by the way. I guess you didn't realize HW's war WAS a UN mission. You probably ought to fact check your talking points so you don't come off as a fool.

If you believe Jeb isn't every bit the Neocon his brother and father are, then you've already bought the bridge I was going to try to sell you. "Democratic" talking points or not, if you're foolish enough to label conflicts during the Clinton administration "wars", yet are willing to consider HW's conflict a UN Mission and anything other than our war (where we provided over half a million troops ~75% of our so-called coalition forces), then it's not surprising you'd vote for Jeb, and then try to convince us that he's not a neocon. Nice Republican Neocon shill talking points by the way. And yes, I switched to to (R) just so I could vote for Ron during the primaries, but you can also bet I switched back to (L) ASAP and wrote in Ron when it came time to vote.

klamath
04-05-2014, 02:47 PM
If you believe Jeb isn't every bit the Neocon his brother and father are, then you've already bought the bridge I was going to try to sell you. "Democratic" talking points or not, if you're foolish enough to label conflicts during the Clinton administration "wars", yet are willing to consider HW's conflict a UN Mission and anything other than our war (where we provided over half a million troops ~75% of our so-called coalition forces), then it's not surprising you'd vote for Jeb, and then try to convince us that he's not a neocon. Nice Republican Neocon shill talking points by the way. And yes, I switched to to (R) just so I could vote for Ron during the primaries, but you can also bet I switched back to (L) ASAP and wrote in Ron when it came time to vote.Well When you figure out that UN missions, are wars. Back to the democratic talking points. "Ain't no boots on the ground it ain't a war, its a mission!" I guess 1000 combat aircraft flying 38,000 combat missions not including cruise missiles fired from the Adriatic sea is just a mission:rolleyes: I guess the thousands of fatalities including civilians in Belgrade were just a mission. We still have troops in KFOR.
I am sure Vietnam korea WWII and WWI were all just missions as sprouted by the democratic talking points. There actually ARE things worse than neocons....progressive democratic hawks.