PDA

View Full Version : Faux News dips it's toe in the militarization of kops subject

tod evans
04-03-2014, 10:40 AM
Gotta wonder if any of their readers will question governments behavior?

'Proliferation' of armed units seen in federal agencies

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2014/04/03/proliferation-armed-units-seen-in-federal-agencies/?intcmp=latestnews

In late February, four federal agents carrying side arms with a drug-sniffing dog descended on the Taos Ski Valley in what was called a "saturation patrol."

Authorities were working on tips of possible drug selling and impaired driving in the ski resort's parking lot and surrounding area.

But the agents weren't from the FBI, ATF or even the Drug Enforcement Administration.

Rather, the agents represented the U.S. Forest Service.

"It's one of the untold stories about government," said former New Mexico Gov. Gary Johnson, who lives in Taos, is an avid skier and has been a leading critic of the operation that turned up only a few minor infractions. "People don't grasp the size and the scope of these entities and their law enforcement arms."

It may come as a surprise to many U.S. taxpayers, but a slew of federal agencies -- some whose responsibilities seem to have little to do with combating crime -- carry active law enforcement operations.

Madison320
04-03-2014, 01:25 PM
I'm surprised Fox News has had time to report on anything since they've become The Obamacare Complaint Hotline.

Not that I like Obamacare, I'm just annoyed at the phoney, whiny complaining by republicans. As if the republicans were offering a great free market solution. At this point I would say it's highly unlikely republicans would even repeal Obamacare, let alone offer any solutions if they held power.

Philhelm
04-03-2014, 01:42 PM
At this point I would say it's highly unlikely republicans would even repeal Obamacare, let alone offer any solutions if they held power.

Re...peal? Hmmm, I'm not familiar with that word. Is it in the dictionary? Whatever the word means, I'm pretty sure I've never seen it.

fisharmor
04-03-2014, 01:45 PM
Not that I like Obamacare, I'm just annoyed at the phoney, whiny complaining by republicans.
What's the use of worrying about your beard when your head's about to be taken?