PDA

View Full Version : Massie, Gohmert, other conservatives furious at Boehner over voice vote

TaftFan
04-02-2014, 04:21 PM
http://blogs.rollcall.com/218/conservatives-still-fuming-on-secret-doc-fix-voice-vote/

Massie said he was on the floor during the vote and would have objected. But the call for a voice vote happened in just more than 40 seconds, and he was caught off guard.

“I was there on the floor of the House and I did observe it, but I didn’t believe that was happening,” he said in an interview. “I couldn’t grasp, I couldn’t bring myself to believe two things: One, that more than 400 members would be misled into thinking there’s no vote and then for the vote to occur. The other thing I was trying to resolve is that there were clearly Democrats on the floor and they were publicly opposed to the SGR … also that the Democrats were in on this.”

“As I was trying to resolve all this, the gavel went down, the vote was done,” he said.

Massie added that GOP staff was on the floor and celebrated as the vote was called.

“The staff were giddy, almost like they shot off a firework and ran and got away with it,” he said. “It made me feel sick.”