Percent of Funds Number of Contributors Total Amount
(Female) 18.8% 764 $757,883
(Male) 81.2% 3775 $3,271,742

shepburn
11-30-2007, 06:16 PM
how the heck to you know this info?

Hope
11-30-2007, 06:18 PM
Assuming your information is correct, remember that many times money from a family is given in one person's name -- usually the husband's name. That was the case for us in all the times we've donated.

Paulitical Correctness
11-30-2007, 06:19 PM
http://www.opensecrets.org/pres08/donordemCID_compare.asp?cycle=2008&cand1=N00005906&cand2=N00009638

Paulitical Correctness
11-30-2007, 06:20 PM
It also only counts $200+ donations.

Just trying to set a fire under your tushies. :)

derekjohnson
11-30-2007, 06:32 PM
Well, RP is on The View Dec 4th, maybe the female contributions will increase after that.

Hurricane Bruiser
11-30-2007, 06:38 PM
I think most donations are done by the guys even if the wife supports RP. Although I did place one donations under her as well.

Nancy A
11-30-2007, 06:52 PM
As a mother, one of the things that stood out for me was the fact that RP doesn't believe in a draft. Push this.

Santana28
11-30-2007, 07:28 PM
hey, i've donated multiple times. I'll even be donating on Dec 16th.

and hey look.... its a lady ;)

lastnymleft
12-01-2007, 01:45 AM
I've seen figures elsewhere that similarly show females being a notably smaller percentage of Ron Paul supporters. We do need to work on this area.

One thing I've been thinking of: Naomi Wolf. She votes Democratic, but she's moved more from the feminist bandwagon onto the liberty bandwagon. She has a new book out, "The End of America", dealing with the fascistic shift, and how it is accelerating.

She's actually very supportive of Dr Paul, as he has created some legislation that she is a big fan of:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/naomi-wolf/finally-action-ron-pau_b_69042.html

I think she may be open to supporting Dr Paul, if encouraged enough. If we could encourage her to write (if not an outright endorsement), at least a column, where she advised her supporters to "put aside" the issue of abortion, for the greater good of the country, I think it may find a sympathetic ear, if enough of us worked on her, logically.

If she did that, I think we'd see a lot of the female Obama/Edwards/Clinton supporters come across.

Even if she only endorses him openly as *the best Republican*, or some such, it'd help.

Roxi
12-01-2007, 04:17 AM
all of my donations have gone through "the man's" CC so i wouldn't be listed :D

1town
12-01-2007, 05:26 AM
That just shows that the man is out earning the money while the woman stays at home making food and watching the children. Just like it's supposed to be :p

voytechs
12-01-2007, 05:34 AM
I don't think the actual percentages are as bad as you report. Why? Because only one side usually is visible. That is both my wife and myself are very pro RP. But I'm the one that usually donates for both of us. Therefore there is at least 1 female that doesn't get counted.

Now as of 11/5 I started donating under both of our names, half and half to help reflect the actual number of voters that will be voting for RP. But still if I send only 1 donation in, its under my name (although I'm getting very close to maxing out.)

I don't use my kids like Hussein and Clinton did. If my wife maxes out, my son is very pro-RP. He wears RP shirt everyday and all he wants to do is go sign waving, he loves to hand out slim-jims, he gets a real kick out of it. He'll get his chance today at 9:30pm downtown armory square in Syracuse.

shida
12-01-2007, 05:36 AM
I've seen figures elsewhere that similarly show females being a notably smaller percentage of Ron Paul supporters. We do need to work on this area.

One thing I've been thinking of: Naomi Wolf. She votes Democratic, but she's moved more from the feminist bandwagon onto the liberty bandwagon. She has a new book out, "The End of America", dealing with the fascistic shift, and how it is accelerating.

She's actually very supportive of Dr Paul, as he has created some legislation that she is a big fan of:
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/naomi-wolf/finally-action-ron-pau_b_69042.html

I think she may be open to supporting Dr Paul, if encouraged enough. If we could encourage her to write (if not an outright endorsement), at least a column, where she advised her supporters to "put aside" the issue of abortion, for the greater good of the country, I think it may find a sympathetic ear, if enough of us worked on her, logically.

If she did that, I think we'd see a lot of the female Obama/Edwards/Clinton supporters come across.

Even if she only endorses him openly as *the best Republican*, or some such, it'd help.

This is a great idea !!!