PDA

View Full Version : Family calls 911, cop kills husband; cop then sues family.

phill4paul
04-01-2014, 03:43 PM
Falkenberg: We expect more from our heroes than being sued by them

By Lisa Falkenberg
March 29, 2014 | Updated: March 29, 2014 11:27pm

The wife's voice quivers. Her desperation is clear. The call to 911 is her last-ditch plea to save her husband, and maybe even her family.

For days, her husband, Kemal Yazar, a 43-year-old rug importer and loving, devoted father to their three young children in Seabrook, had been acting erratically. He refused to eat or sleep. He talked of apocalypse. He talked of President Barack Obama being the anti-Christ.

"My husband is disconnected from reality," Marlene Yazar is heard telling the operator from her mother's house in Katy, just before noon on Dec. 30, 2012. "He's just talking crazy things, like the world is going to end. And he's been like this for two or three days now."

The operator pounds her with questions and she answers them. No, he doesn't have a weapon, she says, but yes he could become violent if he thinks officers are coming to attack him.

Help is on the way, the operator says. A paramedic is first on the scene, but he quickly retreats after Kemal yells and throws a Bible at his back.

Harris County Deputy Brady Pullen arrives at 12:17 p.m., followed by another deputy. From here, accounts vary, but it's clear there's a struggle between Pullen and Kemal that leads the officers to draw Tasers and guns.

Continued: http://www.houstonchronicle.com/news/columnists/falkenberg/article/Falkenberg-We-expect-more-from-our-heroes-than-5360359.php?t=04a8f19e6aad6264fa

Philhelm
04-01-2014, 03:48 PM
The family is devastated. Marlene loses her soul mate and the family's sole provider. Her children, ages 10, 6 and 2, lose their daddy.

So...why, exactly, did she call the police on her soul mate?

Ironically, while the apocalypse did not occur, he did indeed die that day.

JK/SEA
04-01-2014, 03:57 PM
said he threw a bible...

case closed.

next.

Anti Federalist
04-01-2014, 04:08 PM
DO. NOT. CALL. COPS.

Anti Federalist
04-01-2014, 04:11 PM
But we expect more from people we hold up as heroes. We revere first responders because they risk their lives for ours, they run toward danger while we run away.

Unmitigated horseshit.

Officer Safety is paramount and secondary to anything else.

If a "brave officer" feels that his safety is threatened in any way, you, your family or pets are subject to immediate execution.

Which is why they are not heroes in my book.

And why you should never call cops.

tod evans
04-01-2014, 04:12 PM
But we expect more from people we hold up as heroes. We revere first responders because they risk their lives for ours, they run toward danger while we run away.

"We" doesn't include "me" !

I'd suggest that the author look for some new type of hero.....

Anti Federalist
04-01-2014, 04:16 PM
One of the deputies who was sent to protect the family decided to serve them instead - with a lawsuit.

Something something USSR...something...bill for the bullet...something...KGB.

DamianTV
04-01-2014, 04:16 PM
Unmitigated horseshit.

Officer Safety is paramount and secondary to anything else.

If a "brave officer" feels that his safety is threatened in any way, you, your family or pets are subject to immediate execution.

Which is why they are not heroes in my book.

And why you should never call cops.

I think Officer Overtime is also considered. How much does the Officer get paid? For a traffic ticket? Not much overtime there. For a "real criminal" like a Pot Smoker? Much more overtime. Drug Bust? Loads of Overtime! Had to shoot someone or someones dog? Free Vacation!

Money is a strong incentive for abuse.

aGameOfThrones
04-01-2014, 06:29 PM

Tell that to the joe schmo in Washington state.

Anti Federalist
04-01-2014, 09:05 PM
////

Mani
04-01-2014, 10:51 PM
Something something USSR...something...bill for the bullet...something...KGB.

Bill for the bullet would still be a lot cheaper than this shit.

ClydeCoulter
04-01-2014, 10:56 PM
Although I hate what happened to that family, perhaps this lawsuit could set a precedent. If the cop can sue, why do they have immunity?

Mani
04-01-2014, 11:05 PM
This is like the anal rape in NM.

Get anal probed and raped and forced to shit your guts out for 5 hours and then walk home with a $5,000 medical bill for said rape.

Spikender
04-01-2014, 11:30 PM
Huh, so now they're charging the families for when they shoot their loved ones...

Glad to see that No Hesitation is doing right what it says on the label!

tod evans
04-02-2014, 03:09 AM
Although I hate what happened to that family, perhaps this lawsuit could set a precedent. If the cop can sue, why do they have immunity?

Salient point!

paulbot24
04-02-2014, 05:42 AM
"My husband is disconnected from reality," Marlene Yazar is heard telling the operator from her mother's house in Katy, just before noon on Dec. 30, 2012. "He's just talking crazy things, like the world is going to end. And he's been like this for two or three days now."

Now if this had happened before December 12th, he might have been asked to write a book on his views, link them up with the Mayan calender somehow, and go on a speaking tour.

angelatc
04-02-2014, 08:55 AM
Obvious solution is obvious.