PDA

View Full Version : TX-Cop dog gets in fight with Mundane dog. Guess which one gets shot?

Anti Federalist
04-01-2014, 11:52 AM
Loyal family pet fatally shot during police pursuit

http://www.beaumontenterprise.com/news/article/Beaumont-man-arrested-in-restaurant-robbery-5363423.php

By Manuella Libardi

Updated 11:02 am, Tuesday, April 1, 2014

A Beaumont family is mourning the shooting death of their beloved dog, Rex, killed early Monday by Beaumont police in hot pursuit of an armed robbery suspect, tracked with the aid of their own police dog whose presence in the hunt caused a territorial flare-up between the canines.

The family said they understood the reason police had to shoot, but the loss is hard for JoAnna Macaluso and her son, Jonathan.

Macaluso said Rex was "sweet as pie," but highly territorial.

"He didn't like other dogs in his territory," said the 52-year-old owner.

The deadly incident began at 6:30 a.m., when an armed man robbed the La Salsita restaurant, at 612 Washington Blvd.

Police tracked the suspect from the restaurant to the area around the Macaluso residence at the southeast corner of Sabine Pass Avenue and Fulton Avenue.

The suspect ultimately was found, hiding in a garage under a blanket in the 600 block of Lee Street, about midway between the Macaluso house and La Salsita.

But not before the only casualty of the day, sometime between 7 a.m. and 8 a.m.

Rex was about 12 years old and was a German shepherd and Labrador mix.

Macaluso said she used to carry him in her purse when she first got him as a rescue puppy and he had grown to be Macaluso's companion and protector.

As police fanned out around the neighborhood and in a police helicopter above it, an agitated Rex barked and growled as the Beaumont police's K-9 unit searched.

Rex broke free from his leash and confronted the officer and police dog.

The officer had no choice but to shoot Rex dead, police reported.

"I hate it and it makes me sick, but the officers were in a bad spot," said Carol Riley, Beaumont police officer and spokeswoman. "Our officers are all dog lovers, especially the K-9 guys, who would probably put their lives at risk for their dogs. But they were after an armed fugitive. I can't see that they had another choice."

aGameOfThrones
04-01-2014, 01:09 PM
Dog thought he owned his territory.

phill4paul
04-01-2014, 01:16 PM
Oh, so much much citizen fail so I'll just highlight one aspect....

"Our officers are all dog lovers, especially the K-9 guys, who would probably put their lives at risk for their dogs.

Obviously not, when they can just shoot their way to safety.

Philhelm
04-01-2014, 01:18 PM
How many felonies would I commit if I were to summarily execute a dog with a firearm while in public? That would be at least three felonies plus... how many?

EBounding
04-01-2014, 01:27 PM
"We don't have time for this!"

You know the dog wasn't biting because otherwise it would have been in the story. It was just distracting the K9.

Brian4Liberty
04-01-2014, 01:34 PM
"I hate it and it makes me sick, but the officers were in a bad spot," said Carol Riley, Beaumont police officer and spokeswoman. "Our officers are all dog lovers, especially the K-9 guys, who would probably put their lives at risk for their dogs. But they were after an armed fugitive. I can't see that they had another choice."

Terrible spot. Obviously, the one and only option was to start shooting. Officer safety. Who knows, that dog could have been involved in the robbery.

phill4paul
04-01-2014, 01:41 PM
Terrible spot. Obviously, the one and only option was to start shooting. Officer safety. Who knows, that dog could have been involved in the robbery.

Hadn't thought of that. Mixed breeds usually come from broken homes. Yep, he was probably the perp.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5T1z4fSciCI

Occam's Banana
04-01-2014, 02:55 PM
[...] hot pursuit [...]

Who wrote this? Rosco P. Coltrane? "C'mon, Flash! ..."

tod evans
04-01-2014, 02:57 PM
Dogs have heart, they'll die protecting what's theirs...

It's too bad dog owners don't.

RIP Rex..

DamianTV
04-01-2014, 04:08 PM
Cesar says Shhh! The Origin of Shhh!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aS3zyd5HfUQ

Takes less effort than pulling your gun and blowing random dogs away, but doesnt allow for as much overtime to do all the paperwork.

Spikender
04-02-2014, 12:15 AM
Human cops are better than human mundanes, and dog cops are better than dog mundanes.

One day there will be police cats, and you know a lot of mundane pussies are going to get fucked when that happens.

TruckinMike
04-02-2014, 05:24 AM
I think the cop dogs are 'roid heads as well...My buddy Cap'n Parker was almost attacked by one of those crazed cop canines. I was parked in a large gravel parking lot and had let the Cap'n out to do his business when he spied the other canine ...and approached. Big mistake, the cop did not have HIS dog under control....I yelled at Parker and he came back just in the nick of time. The cop canine was on a leash otherwise it would have been just another suicide by cop claim.

Cop canines are crazed killers. Do not let your dog near them. After that I let Cap'n Parker watch the "never talk to police" youtube video. He knows better now.,

TMike

paulbot24
04-02-2014, 05:51 AM
Human cops are better than human mundanes, and dog cops are better than dog mundanes.

One day there will be police cats, and you know a lot of mundane pussies are going to get fucked when that happens.

RJB
04-02-2014, 06:16 AM
The dog brought this on itself. It asked for it.

mrsat_98
04-02-2014, 07:08 AM
Dog thought he owned his territory.
The dog brought this on itself. It asked for it.

Thank State the officer and his dog are ok.