PDA

View Full Version : NC New Bern Police shooting

asurfaholic
04-01-2014, 09:58 AM
http://www.wnct.com/Story/25106731/suspect-dead-two-officers-injured-in-new-bern-shooting

Other stories searching new bern police shooting.

A recent story in my neck of the woods, a unusual event being that the new bern police are generally easy going and dont harass the public.

The story being parroted in the media is

Police say Thallman stopped Stallings while walking for suspicious behavior and, at some point, Stallings took off.

Officer Thallman and another officer chased after Stallings and police say Stallings shot both of them. The second officer then shot Stallings several times, killing him, on the scene.

But I have reliable sources within the police department who have stated the actual events are different. One of which a longstanding employee is very angry about this. I'm going to keep the name hush because he may well be a good guy.

The story according to those familiar with the shooting is that after the officers stopped the guys for walking suspiciously in a housing project, the guys asserted their innocent "ain't doing noting wrong" one guy a convicted felon said something along the lines of "I'm not going back to prison" or something.

Any case the story conflicts here with the media story- the young cop, a multiple tour afghan vet, shot first at the fleeing people, to which they returned fire hitting both officers, but one of which also hit and killed the shooter.

The details are fuzzy but the difference makes the difference between the officer deserving a posthumous attempted murder charge, and the surviving officer, I don't know. What could he really do? He still killed man, who if this account is true, were likely exercising their right to defend themselves.

But being convicted felons in possession of a firearm, and the cop a war hero cop I'm not feeling like the media will do the dirty work and check witness stories.

The media is not doing any independent legwork on this. Just parroting the official story.

DamianTV
04-01-2014, 04:50 PM
What else is the MSM good for? Critical Thinking? I think not. Investigating? Not gonna happen. Parroting the "Official" (IE: Officers LIE) Version? Absolutely correct.