PDA

View Full Version : Brannon wins Wake County GOP Covention straw poll (biggest county in NC)

lib3rtarian
03-31-2014, 11:23 PM
Brannon 44%
Tillis 32%
Harris 20%
Grant 3%
Alexander 1%

Vanguard101
04-01-2014, 01:54 AM
By a huge margin. Wow...

TheTyke
04-01-2014, 06:07 AM
That's awesome!!! Go Brannon!!!

I'm cheering for the NC liberty people. Brannon definitely seems like one of our best chances to add to our numbers in the senate.

Bastiat's The Law
04-01-2014, 07:05 AM
That's awesome!!! Go Brannon!!!

I'm cheering for the NC liberty people. Brannon definitely seems like one of our best chances to add to our numbers in the senate.

No doubt! Where are our liberty Super PACs to help out?

Lucille
04-01-2014, 08:54 AM
He still needs cash! Please donate if you can. Via email:

Jody and I just attended the Wake County GOP convention. Wake County is the largest Republican convention in the state.

And I'm pleased to announce that I WON the convention's straw poll.

The momentum is on our side. If my campaign has the resources to run our full grassroots voter outreach program, there's no doubt in my mind that victory is within our reach.

But the clock is ticking.

And this is the last chance to get some extra points on the board before the clock runs out at midnight tonight.

So please, if at all possible, chip in whatever you can afford to my end of quarter fundraising push.

http://www.gregbrannon2014.net/FULLCOURTPRESS

Thank you so much for all you do.

-- Greg

aclove
04-01-2014, 10:22 AM
This is a big deal. If Brannon were to win statewide by this margin, he would avoid a runoff.

jurgs01
04-01-2014, 10:38 AM
If we could get 1/10 of the grassroots liberty support for other candidates that Brannon is getting in NC we could roll through the election. These people are amazing and dedicated, and are on a path to possibly take down one of the most difficult and expensive primary and general races without the resources of the establishment. These people are an example of what is possible if you get involved!

devil21
04-01-2014, 03:36 PM
Great news! How many votes were cast total? Was there a concerted effort to stack the convention with Brannon folks or was this result an organic win from all sorts of voters?

Btw, Wake isn't the biggest NC county in area nor population. Robeson is largest in area, Mecklenburg in population.

aclove
04-01-2014, 05:08 PM
Wake is the largest in terms of registered Republicans. The press release from the Wake County GOP said that attendance was around 600, so this wasn't some small potatoes rural convention. Wake County rolls DEEP at the State Convention every year, dwarfing pretty much every other delegation.

Oldsouljer
04-01-2014, 07:25 PM
Believe it or not, this doesn't surprise me.....he has Felice Pete in his corner....if anyone can deliver Wake County for Brannon, it's her.

Snew
04-01-2014, 09:42 PM
A lady in my neighborhood who's super politically active (she campaigned for Cain, Gingrich, and Romney in that order :rolleyes:) has a Brannon sign. I'm guessing she voted in this.

devil21
04-02-2014, 03:51 AM
Wake is the largest in terms of registered Republicans. The press release from the Wake County GOP said that attendance was around 600, so this wasn't some small potatoes rural convention. Wake County rolls DEEP at the State Convention every year, dwarfing pretty much every other delegation.

Wait. Wake said their COUNTY convention attendance was 600??? That can't be a true figure.

If it is then the state convention will be overrun by Wake entirely and Brannon is doing even better than I thought. I hope he did win that big of a convention but I question that 600 figure.

Oldsouljer
04-03-2014, 06:41 PM
Wait. Wake said their COUNTY convention attendance was 600??? That can't be a true figure.

If it is then the state convention will be overrun by Wake entirely and Brannon is doing even better than I thought. I hope he did win that big of a convention but I question that 600 figure.

You can be sure that while Wake will be well represented at Cherokee, there won't be 600 there. According to the State POO (which Wake may not operate under), one delegate at a County Convention represents 100 Republicans in a given County. At district and State conventions, a delegate represents 250 Republican voters from the delegate's County. And of course, not all of Wake's attendees were credentialed delegates.