PDA

View Full Version : MO: Man Ordered To Remove Cop Video and Pictures From Internet

angelatc
03-31-2014, 09:49 AM
http://www.washingtonpost.com/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2014/03/31/you-cant-put-a-video-of-me-online-im-a-police-officer/

[Jordan] Klaffer is a gun owner who frequently fires his gun at objects on private property.

On May 1, 2013, Jerry Bledsoe, a police officer, confronted Klaffer while responding to a noise complaint. Klaffer videotaped the interaction, where Bledsoe issued an ultimatum to Klaffer to surrender his guns or be arrested. Klaffer refused to give up his guns and was arrested for disturbing the peace.

To express his opinion that Officer Bledsoe was using his position to harass him for exercising his Second Amendment rights, Klaffer posted recordings of the May 1 encounter on YouTube and Facebook. And, on Instagram, he posted a picture of Bledsoe alongside a photo of Saddam Hussein, with the caption “Striking Resemblance.”

Officer Bledsoe retaliated by obtaining a court order that prevented Mr. Klaffer from posting videos, pictures, and text data criticizing Officer Bledsoe on the Internet. “A government order prohibiting criticism of government is the worst kind of censorship,” explains Tony Rothert, legal director of the ACLU of Missouri.

The ACLU is fighting it, and it seems pretty unlikely it will stand. (This time.) The blogger points out that laws that were passed to keep us from talking to people that did not want to talk to us (Harassment, stalking) are now being used to keep us from talking about people.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8o1_W1s2Lgs

evilfunnystuff
03-31-2014, 10:31 AM
Let's hope the Streisand effect takes hold

DaninPA
03-31-2014, 12:34 PM
"Well you're disturbing my peace". BANG!

pcosmar
03-31-2014, 12:48 PM
Ain't even seen the peace disturbed,, yet. :(

I would be finding out who filed that complaint..

Dr.3D
03-31-2014, 12:50 PM
Ain't even seen the peace disturbed,, yet. :(

I would be finding out who filed that complaint..
Yeah, as I recall, we are supposed to be able to face our accusers.

Henry Rogue
03-31-2014, 01:04 PM
Good luck trying to get his guns back. Illegal seizure, censure and detention, those are tools of tyranny.

Anti Federalist
03-31-2014, 01:40 PM
Yeah, as I recall, we are supposed to be able to face our accusers.

That sounds like terrorist talk to me.