PDA

View Full Version : Scottsdale Police kills man for backing into his own driveway

libertyjam
03-31-2014, 08:33 AM
Ociffer claims he may have flashed a gun, of course open carry is perfectly legal in AZ.

http://www.courthousenews.com/2014/03/31/66588.htm

A Scottsdale policeman killed a truck driver as he backed into his own driveway by needlessly firing 11 shots at him, the late 72-year-old man's sons claim in court.
John Phillips and Preson Phillips III sued Scottsdale, its Police Department, Police Chief Alan G. Rodbell and Officer Nathaniel Mullins for the wrongful death of their father, Preson Phillips Jr., in Maricopa County Court.
According to the lawsuit, Officer Mullins and an unidentified officer responded to a call of a parking dispute between Phillips and a neighbor on March 27, 2013.
Mullins spoke with the neighbor and with John Phillips, who lived with his father, the complaint states.
When the other officer began writing a ticket to Phillips, his father drove up to the house, and began backing into his own driveway. Mullins then "drew his gun and began yelling," and fired 11 rounds into Phillips truck, killing him, the brothers say.
They claim that at no time did their father threaten Mullins "or provide any justifying provocation."
Mullins should have approached Phillips "in a calm and quiet manner and avoided unnecessary physical aggression rather than immediately escalating the situation by yelling and subjecting Mr. Phillips to grossly excessive force by (inter alia) shooting him to death," the complaint states.
The Phillips seek punitive damages for negligence and excessive force.

http://www.abc15.com/news/region-northeast-valley/scottsdale/police-investigating-officer-involved-shooting-in-scottsdale

mrsat_98
03-31-2014, 09:03 AM
http://usgunviolence.wordpress.com/2013/03/27/killed-preston-phillips-jr-scottsdale-az/

The link title speaks volumes.

jkr
03-31-2014, 09:38 AM
Murderers
Gonna
Murder

aGameOfThrones
03-31-2014, 10:39 AM
Did the mundane asked why? 'Cause what person in their Right Mind would ask a...law enforcement officer why? (http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?443199-quot-What-person-in-their-right-mind-would-ask-a-law-enforcement-officer-why-quot)

Anti Federalist
03-31-2014, 11:51 AM
Failure to comply.

Contempt of cop.

Sentence: Summary streetside execution.

Next!

VIDEODROME
03-31-2014, 12:01 PM
I'm glad I quit trucking. It seems like everyone one wants their shelves stocked, but they hate the trucks and the drivers that deliver them.

Also, the regulations are ridiculous anymore.

fisharmor
03-31-2014, 12:51 PM
I'm glad I quit trucking. It seems like everyone one wants their shelves stocked, but they hate the trucks and the drivers that deliver them.

Also, the regulations are ridiculous anymore.

No, I hate trucks because they only exist to the degree they do because sprawl is aggressively subsidized by the state, private transit is aggressively subsidized by the state, industry which exists anywhere near population centers is aggressively punished by the state, and the result is that rail serves only a niche market for transportation at this point.

Trucks are a daily reminder that one-hour commutes, McMansions, strip mall after strip mall, and endless swarms of traffic cops, and interstate trips that take up to twice as long as they should, all wouldn't even exist if not for this.

DamianTV
03-31-2014, 04:37 PM
Arguing with a Cop is like arguing with a Woman. Even if you are absolutely right, you are still DEAD Wrong.

Christopher A. Brown
03-31-2014, 04:58 PM
No, I hate trucks because they only exist to the degree they do because sprawl is aggressively subsidized by the state, private transit is aggressively subsidized by the state, industry which exists anywhere near population centers is aggressively punished by the state, and the result is that rail serves only a niche market for transportation at this point.

Trucks are a daily reminder that one-hour commutes, McMansions, strip mall after strip mall, and endless swarms of traffic cops, and interstate trips that take up to twice as long as they should, all wouldn't even exist if not for this.

Roads were made for trucks. It is better having trucks moving goods to us rather than us commuting to what we need. High density metropolitan areas are there own sad problem. Lower density urban, sub urban are okay as long it is not endless sprawl. There is then room for nature.

The big problem is people wanting to travel to commute, a false oil economy has caused this. People also use fuel whenever they want to as a social feature.

Dianne
03-31-2014, 06:00 PM
Just saying, I worked as a Correctional Officer in a maximum security male prison; and the fellow officers were the most I feared. You had MS13 with internet service through their cell phones, ushered in by fellow officers (up their ass or in their lunch box).

When I went through orientation, I was told by the teacher... that the inmates were the least of my worries. My fellow officers were to be feared the most.

mad cow
03-31-2014, 06:18 PM

You should google 'Smart Growth' 'Sustainable Development' and 'Agenda 21'.These ideas are also 'aggressively subsidized by the state'.

There are millions of people that think just like you do.
Very few of them are libertarians though,let alone Anarchists.

ClydeCoulter
03-31-2014, 06:27 PM
You should google 'Smart Growth' 'Sustainable Development' and 'Agenda 21'.These ideas are also 'aggressively subsidized by the state'.

There are millions of people that think just like you do.
Very few of them are libertarians though,let alone Anarchists.

I agree with @fisharmor, and I agree with part of what you said (actually the warning about Agenda 21 and it's various flavors.).

I don't want the state forcing and/or subsidizing either. They create a problem, then try to force one of their "new" solutions.

mad cow
03-31-2014, 06:44 PM
I agree with @fisharmor, and I agree with part of what you said (actually the warning about Agenda 21 and it's various flavors.).

I don't want the state forcing and/or subsidizing either. They create a problem, then try to force one of their "new" solutions.

How many acres do you live on again?

HOLLYWOOD
03-31-2014, 09:17 PM
Let's not forget, it's the 'No Rule of Law' SCOTUS in their costumed clown suits, that gave the green light for government to murder it's people with impunity.