PDA

View Full Version : Sharia law to be enshrined in British legal system

TaftFan
03-30-2014, 03:04 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2587215/Sharia-Law-enshrined-British-legal-lawyers-guidelines-drawing-documents-according-Islamic-rules.html#ixzz2wtZhhxd8

Acala
03-30-2014, 05:01 PM
Anyone here have a problem with people being able to draft their wills the way they want? That's all this is.

TaftFan
03-30-2014, 05:09 PM
Anyone here have a problem with people being able to draft their wills the way they want? That's all this is.

I don't. I'm just guessing this will be a foot in the door for more expansion.

Feeding the Abscess
03-30-2014, 05:15 PM
I don't. I'm just guessing this will be a foot in the door for more expansion.

Government is going to expand its power - regardless of whether Sharia concepts are accepted or not. If this is your concern, why do you not oppose a monopoly institution tasked with the authority to write, enforce, and arbitrate law, rather than how that monopoly institution administers law?

Voluntarist
03-30-2014, 05:17 PM
xxxxx

Voluntarist
03-30-2014, 05:21 PM
xxxxx

CPUd
03-30-2014, 05:25 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5eBT6OSr1TI

oyarde
03-30-2014, 05:28 PM
I could care less about this backward stuff, but it would present many problems in the US that would probably not be tolerated...

unknown
03-30-2014, 07:58 PM

Thats how I read it as well.

Maybe the laws in the UK are different.

Are they required to will property to wife, kids, etc. in a certain proportion?

kcchiefs6465
03-30-2014, 08:00 PM
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2587215/Sharia-Law-enshrined-British-legal-lawyers-guidelines-drawing-documents-according-Islamic-rules.html#ixzz2wtZhhxd8
You've been hanging around Matt Collins for too long.

TaftFan
03-30-2014, 08:03 PM

You must be mistaking me for someone else. I don't dislike Matt, but I don't "hang" with him either.

oyarde
03-30-2014, 09:36 PM
Thats how I read it as well.

Maybe the laws in the UK are different.

Are they required to will property to wife, kids, etc. in a certain proportion?
Yes , if I recall , they used the old Roman system similar to that .

kcchiefs6465
03-30-2014, 09:39 PM
You must be mistaking me for someone else. I don't dislike Matt, but I don't "hang" with him either.
It was a joke.

Simply posting a link; one could describe you as following the footsteps.

(A joke as well)

FFS, at least post a paragraph.

oyarde
03-30-2014, 09:42 PM
Under Sharia , woman are considered lesser people and will automatically be left a lesser share . I fail to find any wisdom in that .

kcchiefs6465
03-30-2014, 09:46 PM
Under Sharia , woman are considered lesser people and will automatically be left a lesser share . I fail to find any wisdom in that .
As do I.

I fail to find any wisdom in a lot of things.

TaftFan
03-30-2014, 09:47 PM
It was a joke.

(A joke as well)

Okay. It's a bad habit of mine.

oyarde
03-30-2014, 10:04 PM
As do I.

I fail to find any wisdom in a lot of things. I too fail to find the wisdom in many things ,

always the rules of man. Man can make wise rules , but then they would have to be made by unbiased and wise men. These are in short supply . Probably always have been , just a greater shortage now and more people which makes it worse , and most regretful that it is also a time where learning is so much easier . When my Grandfather was small , the only challenge to great learning , beyond your own environment was to learn to read and write .Everyone could already provide for themselves, but that is what they spent most of the time doing . In my time I have benefitted by faster travel ( although sometimes , I took the old , slower ways ) , by access to greater information more easily , and , always already able to provide for myself .

Acala
03-31-2014, 05:16 AM

All it does it allow the testator to CHOOSE who gets what from his estate. Surely you don't think the law should tell people how to devise their estates? Might want to read the article.

WM_in_MO
03-31-2014, 05:42 AM
This sounds like more brown-scare nonsense.

tod evans
03-31-2014, 05:49 AM

It was a joke.

(A joke as well)

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?441436-F-*-Threads-with-only-a-link!-F-amp

[edit]

I'm not going to just post a link even if it's a link bitching about threads that only contain links...

oyarde
03-31-2014, 08:07 AM
All it does it allow the testator to CHOOSE who gets what from his estate. Surely you don't think the law should tell people how to devise their estates? Might want to read the article.

No , I do not think the law needs to be involved at all.In the absence though of any law , I have no real problem with everything going to the surviving spouse. I also do not think more laws are needed or any nonsense such as his should be encouraged.Too late for the Brits though.

oyarde
03-31-2014, 08:12 AM
I wonder what the next "cultures" will request ?

Acala
03-31-2014, 09:54 AM
No , I do not think the law needs to be involved at all.In the absence though of any law , I have no real problem with everything going to the surviving spouse. I also do not think more laws are needed or any nonsense such as his should be encouraged.Too late for the Brits though.

Did you read the article? Let me summarize for you - a group of lawyers in Britain has written a guidance document to help other lawyers in Britain draft wills for people who have different cultural interests than the average Brit. That's it. No change in the law. No adoption of Sharia. Just people getting help drafting the wills they want.

Acala
03-31-2014, 09:58 AM

What exactly is your problem with people being able to draft wills the way they want them? Why shouldn't people be able to run their own lives and manage their own property in accordance with their own culture? That is ALL that is going on in this article. Everything else is xenophobic fantasy.

juleswin
03-31-2014, 10:06 AM

less interference in their private and religious affairs?

oyarde
03-31-2014, 10:47 PM
less interference in their private and religious affairs?

That would work , but that will not be it .Look for precedence for more , my guess.

oyarde
03-31-2014, 10:48 PM
Did you read the article? Let me summarize for you - a group of lawyers in Britain has written a guidance document to help other lawyers in Britain draft wills for people who have different cultural interests than the average Brit. That's it. No change in the law. No adoption of Sharia. Just people getting help drafting the wills they want.

Oh yes , I read it.

oyarde
03-31-2014, 10:50 PM
If the British law is not acceptable , it needs over turned in entirity.

fr33
04-01-2014, 12:48 AM
Not to worry. We have our constitution. It protects us from these things. Well except for the fact that many deny seperation of church and state...

Voluntarist
04-01-2014, 07:43 PM
xxxxx

enhanced_deficit
04-01-2014, 08:00 PM
Could same happen in US in some decades due to karma?

US already has son of a muslim man in the White House. Like UK, 70-80% od US ppulation had also suppported invasion/sharia freedom in Iraq.

kcchiefs6465
04-01-2014, 09:44 PM
Could same happen in US in some decades due to karma?

US already has son of a muslim man in the White House. Like UK, 70-80% od US ppulation had also suppported invasion/sharia freedom in Iraq.
Son of a Muslim man? Who the fuck cares? Xenophobic half-wits and nationalistic retards, I'm sure, but as a more important question, why should I care?

He's directly responsible for the murdering of Muslims, the sons of a few christian men started the war in Iraq, and your petty trivialities of half-facts are getting older by the post.

He's a war criminal. A boasting and bragging one, at that. The son of a Muslim man? He's a goddamn puppet for Christ sake. Political (and thieving) expediency is the name of the game. Let him kiss babies and tell jokes some more. I am more annoyed by that than the utterly worthless added factoid of "son of a Muslim." You seem to be pandering to the lowest common denominator.

oyarde
04-01-2014, 10:20 PM
My understanding of British laws, with respect to wills and estates, is that British law does nothing unless a will has not been registered. All this news item was about was simply the development of a set of suggestions/recommendations for people of a given culture to use in drafting their wills. The recommendations weren't compiled by a government group - but, rather, by private others outside of government. It would be akin to marriage contracts being turned over to individuals (instead of being defined "one size fits all" by the state) and each particular xian faith drafting their own set of recommended clauses which individuals could look over and place into their own marriage contracts (if they liked them). A calvinist set of recommendations for calvinists, a cathloic set of recommendations for catholics ... each drafted by a set of lawyers in the know for each specific group. They wouldn't be binding on anyone unless those anyones decided, "Yeah, these look right to us - thanks for the recommendation."

While I am no fan of excessive laws , which are really just restrictions , :) maybe we should experiment here like that .... farmers exempt from the EPA or something .

enhanced_deficit
04-02-2014, 02:31 AM
Son of a Muslim man? Who the fuck cares? Xenophobic half-wits and nationalistic retards, I'm sure, but as a more important question, why should I care?

He's directly responsible for the murdering of Muslims, the sons of a few christian men started the war in Iraq, and your petty trivialities of half-facts are getting older by the post.

He's a war criminal. A boasting and bragging one, at that. The son of a Muslim man? He's a goddamn puppet for Christ sake. Political (and thieving) expediency is the name of the game. Let him kiss babies and tell jokes some more. I am more annoyed by that than the utterly worthless added factoid of "son of a Muslim." You seem to be pandering to the lowest common denominator.

There is no pandering here, just some observations and showing a connection between actions and results.

As to SWC dronebag being a "war criminal" and a "puppet", none of that changes the facts about public actions and perceptions.

Poll: 46% of GOP thinks Obama's Muslim (http://www.politico.com/blogs/joshgerstein/0810/Poll_46_of_GOP_thinks_Obamas_Muslim.html)
www.politico.com
Aug 19, 2010 - But one number that could catch significant attention is this: in the Time poll, 46 percent of Republicans said they believe Obama is a Muslim.

With results like these after Iraq invasion, is it any wonder that US public/GOP does not want to touch invasion of Syria with a 20 foot pole?

RJB
04-02-2014, 06:59 AM

I know it's more of a syntax error, but I have to say that I don't think of Obama as a puppet for Christ's sake.