PDA

View Full Version : AZ-Police shoot pepper spray at fans after basketball loss

Anti Federalist
03-30-2014, 01:31 PM
This.

This is what Boobus will riot over.

Some stupid, meaningless sports event.

Cops shooting his dog or raping his wife?

Boobus won't utter a squawk.

Police shoot pepper spray at fans after basketball loss

http://tvnz.co.nz/world-news/police-shoot-pepper-spray-fans-after-basketball-loss-5880012

Tucson police shot pepper spray at several hundred fans who took to the streets and threw beer bottles and firecrackers at officers after the University of Arizona basketball team's overtime loss to Wisconsin in the NCAA college basketball championship tournament.

Fifteen people were arrested for offences such as resisting arrest, disorderly conduct and unlawful assembly, Sergeant Pete Dugan said. Of those, 14 were released, and one was sent to Pima County jail. He said those who advanced on officers were arrested.

No officers or fans were injured in the unrest that lasted more than an hour.

"The majority of the crowd did not respond to the dispersal order and began throwing beer bottles, beer cans and firecrackers at the officers," Dugan said. "Several of the firecrackers rolled underneath a patrol vehicle that was deployed with the Mobile Field Force Units."

Dugan said crowds leaving bars and restaurants near the campus filled University Boulevard after the game. They wouldn't leave despite urging through a public address system and social media declaring their gathering an unlawful assembly.

Police brought in cruisers and a unit of officers with batons, helmets and face masks to block the street when people started tossing beer bottles, cans and firecrackers, hitting police vehicles and endangering officers.

Officers fired pepper spray, pepper canisters and pepper balls, which disperse into the air when they hit, Dugan said. No tear gas was used despite some reports.

The disturbance lasted more than an hour.

In a statement, Dean of Students Kendal Washington White called the disturbance "disappointing" and said it was not reflective of the culture of the University of Arizona and Tucson communities.

"Our basketball team had a great season and they exhibited exceptional class at every turn," White said. "They do not deserve the bad actions of these others."

phill4paul
03-30-2014, 01:35 PM
Wonder if this was one of those that "advanced on officers." :37

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6g4OtZPfVAY

Dr.3D
03-30-2014, 01:42 PM
Firecrackers are not something to be afraid of.

Cleaner44
03-30-2014, 01:51 PM
Watching the cops in that video makes me embarrassed for the police. They look like such pussies as they fire paintballs on people that are drinking beer.

Dr.3D
03-30-2014, 01:53 PM
Watching the cops in that video makes me embarrassed for the police. They look like such pussies as they fire paintballs on people that are drinking beer.
Looked to me like the only violent people were the cops. If they hadn't been there, things would have been just fine.

Anti Federalist
03-30-2014, 01:58 PM
Looked to me like the only violent people were the cops. If they hadn't been there, things would have been just fine.

Imagine my shock...

Henry Rogue
03-30-2014, 02:15 PM
Now if we can just convince americans that, the police state is the opposing team and america's team just lost.....

RJB
03-30-2014, 02:47 PM

I avoid places with large police presence because of this. I went to a St Louis Mardi Gras years ago. Yeah there were tons of drunks doing stupid drunk tricks but they were harmless and legal. However the police action was the real problem

The cops were staring down people, not as a warning but rather as a dare or a challenge, Yelling at random people to get on the side walk on a street that was cordoned off for a block party, they were even siccing dogs on people and pulling the dog back before harm was done.

There was an older cop who was clearly dismayed, but wasn't saying anything. My brother, who does copblock filming now, went up and had a friendly conversation with him. The cop was actually very intelligent, my brother asked him if he read Orwell's Animal Farm. The cop said, "yeah, good book."

My brother asked him innocently if he remembered what animal the pigs used to control the other animals.

The cop said, "I believe they used dogs."

My brother just nodded and said, "yep, life imitates art."

The look on the cops face was priceless.

I never went back to that Mardi Gras. It was a powder keg. 2 years later there was a riot. The Press made it sound like out of control drunks. I would bet it was some one drunk who caused the riot, but they would be drunk on power, not alcohol.

heavenlyboy34
03-30-2014, 02:53 PM
"The majority of the crowd did not respond to the dispersal order and began throwing beer bottles, beer cans and firecrackers at the officers," Dugan said. "Several of the firecrackers rolled underneath a patrol vehicle that was deployed with the Mobile Field Force Units."
It takes bravery to endure firecrackers' assault...were the cops okay?

Dr.3D
03-30-2014, 02:56 PM
It takes bravery to endure firecrackers' assault...were the cops okay?
Well, I'll bet they were afraid those firecrackers would turn over their vehicle.

RJB
03-30-2014, 02:59 PM
Well, I'll bet they were afraid those firecrackers would turn over their vehicle.

Nah, but it might threaten to overturn their inflated ego.

Anti Federalist
03-30-2014, 03:15 PM
The right of the people...to peaceably assemble?

Never heard of it.

I avoid places with large police presence because of this. I went to a St Louis Mardi Gras years ago. Yeah there were tons of drunks doing stupid drunk tricks but they were harmless and legal. However the police action was the real problem

The cops were staring down people, not as a warning but rather as a dare or a challenge, Yelling at random people to get on the side walk on a street that was cordoned off for a block party, they were even siccing dogs on people and pulling the dog back before harm was done.

There was an older cop who was clearly dismayed, but wasn't saying anything. My brother, who does copblock filming now, went up and had a friendly conversation with him. The cop was actually very intelligent, my brother asked him if he read Orwell's Animal Farm. The cop said, "yeah, good book."

My brother asked him innocently if he remembered what animal the pigs used to control the other animals.

The cop said, "I believe they used dogs."

My brother just nodded and said, "yep, life imitates art."

The look on the cops face was priceless.

I never went back to that Mardi Gras. It was a powder keg. 2 years later there was a riot. The Press made it sound like out of control drunks. I would bet it was some one drunk who caused the riot, but they would be drunk on power, not alcohol.

heavenlyboy34
03-30-2014, 03:35 PM
The right of the people...to peaceably assemble?

Never heard of it.
I seem to recall hearing of it in an ancient history book....

GunnyFreedom
03-30-2014, 04:24 PM
Added to the noise on the YT comments

"Riot" should be in quotes. All I see here is a bunch of college aged kids standing around peacefully drinking beer. "The right of the people peaceably to assemble" are not just some meaningless words from ancient history, and it is apparent from the video that the only violent and non-peaceful people anywhere in sight, are the police.

When you swear an oath to uphold and defend the Constitution, and similar to a Doctor your first duty is to "Do no harm." The final defense mechanism in the Constitution against an unconstitutional government, is the oath of office. Every individual who has sworn the oath, is bound by duty to simply "not do" those things that violate the Constitution, or the Constitutional division of power.

And replying to a defender of tyranny

SOMEGUY 5 hours ago

Don't blame police for doing their job. These college kids are idiots 
Reply · +12

Glen Bradley 16 minutes ago

"the right of the people peaceably to assemble" are not just some words from ancient history, and it is apparent from the video that the only violent and non-peaceful people anywhere in sight, were the police. The first duty of the police is to the Constitution to which they have sworn an oath. It is the primary responsibility of everyone who has sworn the oath to simply 'not do' anything that would tear down or attack the proper Constitutional division of powers. When those who swear the oath violate it with impunity, then America turns to chaos. We are watching it happen right in front of us.
Read more
Reply ·

Now this promises to be an interesting conversation...

SOMEGIRL 2 hours ago

Seriously? U of A student's are all like that, they got what they deserved. Smfh 
Reply ·

Glen Bradley5 minutes ago

Like what, standing around peacefully drinking beer? HOW DARE THEY!! THOSE BASTARDS!!
Reply ·

SOMEGIRL 2 minutes ago

No, provoking police officers and causing absolute nonsense. THOSE BASTARDS. 
Reply ·

Glen Bradley2 seconds ago

+SOMEGIRL Provoking? I saw a half-drunk kid complaining about their gathering being called an unlawful assembly and protesting the order to disperse. He walked up to the police line with his arms out and palms open to show that he was not armed, and the police took him out because they didn't like what HE HAD TO SAY.

If the police are taking people out because they do not like the content of their speech, then quite frankly we have a real problem brewing in America.
Show less
Reply ·

jkob
03-30-2014, 04:28 PM
go badgers :p

satchelmcqueen
03-30-2014, 05:32 PM
it would be funny if a pro paintball team waited in the back and then appeared as the cops approached. if i knew i wouldnt get shot to death for real id do it and make that my next utube vid lol

phill4paul
03-30-2014, 11:51 PM
Not the first time...........

Posted: Monday April 09, 2001 4:23 PM
Updated: Monday April 09, 2001 6:57 PM

Riot police Riot police take to the streets in Tuscon to contain unruly fans after Arizona lost to Duke in the NCAA finals. AP
TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) -- A university of Arizona student who lost an eye after being injured during a riot was shot in the head by police with a bag of lead, authorities confirmed.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/basketball/college/news/2001/04/09/arizona_riot_ap/

The kid got 3/4 million in tax payers dollars.

"Anyone with common sense would have said that this is the time to leave," Villasenor said. "It's not a spectator sport. You don't have the right to just watch a riot."

Matthew5
03-30-2014, 11:58 PM
Their Bread and Circus is over until footbaw season starts!

P.S. Fork the MildCats...

Mani
03-31-2014, 12:18 AM
So any gov't official can randomly call out, "It is an unlawful assembly." and the storm troopers show up and can begin taking people down?

Wow. So much fail. So so much fail.

And the worst part is how can people watch that video and side with police? Some guy is clowning around about 10 feet away and the cops charge and take him down. WTF.

I had the sound off, I'm at work....but does it matter what he said?? Does it really matter? I saw a guy clowning around and had his arms out wide and I saw a bunch of cops charge him.

How can anyone refute that????

Weston White
03-31-2014, 04:14 AM
A decade from now that is going to be classified as an insurrection.

phill4paul
03-31-2014, 07:34 AM
Protect and serve........... she must have been another of the ones that "advanced" on the cops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B7Kv9R7b3A

Snew
03-31-2014, 06:29 PM
Are the dear Officers alright?

Mani
03-31-2014, 10:00 PM
Protect and serve........... she must have been another of the ones that "advanced" on the cops.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9B7Kv9R7b3A

She did it to herself....for walking...

I'd love to see this uploaded on those cop forums and see how they justify this kind of behavior.

No wait...I wouldn't.

I'm sure they will hi-5 all around for that tackle. Pathetic.