PDA

View Full Version : Money bomb dud exposes cracks in Paul Nation

American
11-30-2007, 05:39 PM
Money bomb dud exposes cracks in Paul Nation

A one-day fundraising drive billed as the second “money bomb” for Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul appears to be falling well short of its target — at least partly because of a dispute among his zealous base of online supporters.

The goal of the drive — patterned after the original money bomb that turned the Texas congressman from “Ron who?” to a surprise factor in the race — was to raise $2.5 million Friday.

But on the eve of the second bomb, pledges totaled only $230,000 — less than 10 percent of the goal — apparently because many Paul supporters were more enthusiastic about another haul planned for Dec. 16.

The campaign was predicting Friday’s haul would total around $500,000. That’s a one-day tally most campaigns would drool over, but one that pales in comparison to projections for the money bomb, not to mention the $4.2 million raised on Nov. 5 — the date of the initial haul.

“It is what it is,” said Trevor Lyman, the 37-year-old music promoter and political novice behind all the Paul money bombs. “There will be people who will try to spin it as a negative. But the other side of the story is: No one else can match us. It’s actually very positive that we can quickly raise that kind of money.”

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1107/7119.html

Original_Intent
11-30-2007, 05:44 PM
At least they are saying that it failed due to many waiting for the 16th - they did not write it off as a lack of supporters.

Not the most helpful article, but I think it does a lot more good than harm! Even on an "off" day with divided support we raise amounts that other campaigns would drool over!

ursamajor
11-30-2007, 05:47 PM
might spur people to donate. i would hardly call it a dud. we had, what, ten days to organize? way bigger than anyone else's moneybombs have been. i say we are doing great. and wait until 7:00* i haven't donated yet!

grizzums
11-30-2007, 05:48 PM
If this is bad.....as a whole, I am thrilled...thanks for more coverage polito! :)

pacelli
11-30-2007, 05:52 PM
This story demonstrates to me that it is important to stay united, avoid posting and announcing predictions (*ahem trevor ahem*), and avoid in-fighting. We are being monitored.

jumpyg1258
11-30-2007, 05:53 PM
WTF? It isn't even the end of the day, shows how stupid our media has become.

DRV45N05
11-30-2007, 05:55 PM
Guys...

We're $2 million ahead of the goal of the campaign for November. We may even hit $11 million by the end of the night. That's pretty darned good. ;)

STAY POSITIVE! We've got the man, and he's fired up!

Ron LOL
11-30-2007, 05:56 PM
Article mentions 12/16. No foul here.

Sandra
11-30-2007, 05:57 PM
This article was written and submitted at what time?

Kregener
11-30-2007, 05:57 PM
Too many "drives" asking for cash from a cash-strapped populace was bound to hit the wall sooner or later...

hard@work
11-30-2007, 05:58 PM
This is retarded. The other money bomb goal was 10 mil and did 4.3 mil, total failure.

*facepalm*

Doriath
The campaign was predicting Friday’s haul would total around $500,000.
That looks pretty likely. In which case I don't know how you can call it a dud.

kylejack
Story wasn't too bad. Title sucks, but not too bad in the story itself.

Eric23
I'm still trying to figure why some idiots were saying that we should reach 12 million by the end of the night? Completely unrealistic.

Uschdog
11-30-2007, 06:01 PM
What about the 20,000 pledges on tea party? that does not apply to his total as of now does it?

James R
11-30-2007, 06:02 PM
I like the article. Its not really a dud bomb but the article does say that we want the big one to be on the 16th, which is exactly the truth. Trevor set this thing up for failure by shooting too high. Not saying I would have gotten more money but I wouldn't have had such an astronomical target just two paychecks away from Dec 16th.

TraditionalGOPer
11-30-2007, 06:07 PM
Money bomb dud exposes cracks in Paul Nation

By: Kenneth P. Vogel
Nov 30, 2007 06:06 PM EST

A one-day fundraising drive billed as the second “money bomb” for Republican presidential candidate Ron Paul appears to be falling well short of its target — at least partly because of a dispute among his zealous base of online supporters.

Time to donate!:rolleyes:

pacelli
11-30-2007, 06:09 PM
Ain't see nothing yet. We're just getting warmed up.

Mandrik
11-30-2007, 06:13 PM
The article was accurate. I don't think any presidential candidate would complain about $400k+ in fundraising in a day. Especially when said candidate spent $0 promoting said fundraiser. Not too shabby, right?

brianbb98
I knew it... we do something great and they dont mention it.. We dont do as good as we say will will and they bash us. Why do we even look at these things anymore? Maybe cause it helps push us a little more...

weatherbill
yeah, but dec 16th has over 22,000 commitments and is way more advertised, as well as thru USAToday........... DEC 16th is thee day........this wasn't at all a money bomb and not official in any way..... don't know why anyone would think otherwise....it was but a small drive to raise some extra early cash.
That's why I complained at first, becasue they were trying to make it some kind of official "money bomb" day, when they should'nt have set dates, but just tell us to give a little now and give the rest on DEC 16th......

Tenbatsu
11-30-2007, 06:19 PM
The media is hilarious! They haven't a clue!

Mental Dribble
11-30-2007, 06:20 PM
That is actually a GREAT article. Puts it all into perspective and gets his name out there even more.

Wish he would have mentioned that Nov 30th had just 7 days to get off the ground! But still, good article!

RickNHouston
11-30-2007, 06:22 PM
I like the article. Its not really a dud bomb but the article does say that we want the big one to be on the 16th, which is exactly the truth. Trevor set this thing up for failure by shooting too high. Not saying I would have gotten more money but I wouldn't have had such an astronomical target just two paychecks away from Dec 16th.

hehhehehehe ... oh yeah, and for those of us with kids who understand zero bout the situation, don't forget about christmas!:)

grizzums
11-30-2007, 06:22 PM
Imo...its perfectly fine in any fund raising event to set the bar high and come in less, especially when less is much better than your competition. In all my fund raising experience (not political), it is not the time to come from a "underperform and overdeliver" stance because when goal is met, raising fades.

A spin on todays action goes to deaf ears and the more coverage it gets, the better. I don't think this dilutes the Tea Party one ioda. A high mark should give your raisers something high to shoot for.....it would obviously be best if everyone rallies around it rather than infighting. Just think about how much extra coverage this promotion is getting for the Tea Party.....think about how many new eyes are reading Dr. Paul's site, his platform, getting educated in his philosophies....

Cheers!

:D

Mental Dribble
11-30-2007, 06:23 PM
Actually, they did kinda mention it was a spurr of the moment thing.

I think this is a very truthful article and should be something we are proud about. Fair honest reporting on our Candidate.

Joey Wahoo
11-30-2007, 06:24 PM
How many folks remember that November 5 didn't even get halfway to our goal?

That surely doesn't change the fact that it was a spectacular success.

As far as I'm concerned today has been a great success already. I was stunned when the campaign set a third quarter goal of $12 million. I believed we were setting ourselves up for an embarrassing failure after such a good 2nd quarter.

Now I've no doubt we'll blow past $12 million, thanks in part to today.

ItsTime
11-30-2007, 06:24 PM
The whole blimp joke has people holding on to their money to donate to something that will never happen and if it does will be a complete waste of money. They forgot to mention that.

ClayTrainor
11-30-2007, 06:25 PM
little do they know that dec. 16th is the big one, and this was a little diversion to receive articles just like the one quoted :)

the media probably wont wake up, but they will fear us... and probably bash us even harder on dec. 16th.... in my opinion, the more bashign from the media we get, the more successful we come

cien750hp
11-30-2007, 06:25 PM
i say we lower the tea party goal, to say, $17.76
just straight up seventeen dollars and seventy six cents
then we can beat the goal by a good, $10+ million.
i can see the headlines now:
Ron Paul Supporters raise more than 560,000x goal

LukeNM
11-30-2007, 06:27 PM
The goal for Nov 5th was $10M, so that failed too then, right? Nothing wrong with being optimistic! (oops! slow poster)

Rhys
11-30-2007, 06:28 PM
Since when did they start listening to us anyway... wait they don't. Tea Party is second money bomb. This is firecrackers.

richk
11-30-2007, 06:30 PM
I think that was a very fair and accurate article, much better than we normally see. You guys crack me up; quit expecting 100% love-fest Ron Paul articles. :)

Joey Wahoo
11-30-2007, 06:31 PM
Since when did they start listening to us anyway... wait they don't. Tea Party is second money bomb. This is firecrackers.

Exactly. And by the way, in RP's speech at the Palladium after the debate he mentioned 12/16. Said nothing about today. This is just a little practice run for the real thing.

As I said before, today has been a success already.

mconder
11-30-2007, 06:35 PM
“When I first put the idea out there, I said the market will decide which day is the better day," he explained. “But we can’t judge today until we see the 16th.”

First, let me say that I did donate today...twice as much as I did on November 5th. That said, you can fight against the idea of donating on the anniversary of The Boston Tea Party. By the time the campaign sent out their email, the damage was already done. This is the drawback to our open source campaign.

randolphus maximus
11-30-2007, 06:43 PM
This is a great part of the Politico piece:

Indeed, Paul’s campaign is in great shape financially — and not just for a dark horse. He’s raised more than $10 million since Oct. 1, almost certainly will lead the pack of Republican candidates in fourth-quarter fundraising and likely will post the largest single-quarter haul of contributions of any Republican this year.

RonPaulFanInGA
11-30-2007, 06:45 PM

werdd
11-30-2007, 06:47 PM
F them, we beat rudys q3 total which IMO was the goal as it was rudysreadinglist.

TooConservative
11-30-2007, 06:47 PM
Thanks for pointing out the positives, Randolphus.

Sometimes, this forum is just too negative about everything.

TheNewYorker
11-30-2007, 06:48 PM
See, you all yelled at me when I said the goal was too high. Sigh. We need a miracle now to help us.

chowda
It tries so hard to be a hit piece... but the truth is.. on nov 5th we hit less than half the $10 million goal and it was still a huge success... today is no different.. it's nothing but good news from where I'm sitting!

digg this! http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Raises_More_Than_Any_GOP_Candidate_In_Jus t_2_Months

hazek
Any publicity is good publicity. Why wont people accept that?!

Ron Paul Fan
11-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Good. Get angry people! Donate more! Donate on the 16th and make it the biggest fundraising day ever! That'll show them! Did they report on Huckabee's dud? Obama's dud? Thompson's dud? They'll be eating crow when Paul outraises all Republicans in Q4!

synthetic
11-30-2007, 06:49 PM
Already posted in the bad news section. And don't worry about negative "press" like this. The campaign is going to get well over $500,000 today. That's a bigger one day total than any GOP candidate raised this Q.

Menthol Patch
11-30-2007, 06:50 PM
Who cares! We did GREAT!

And we have FOUR HOURS REMAINING!

Lets go all out in the next four hours!

me3
11-30-2007, 06:50 PM
RonPaulFanInGA this is where the news forum is,
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=27

Mckarnin
11-30-2007, 06:53 PM

The other candidates WISH they could have a $500,000 "dud".

Johnnybags
3 million for McCain to travel and eat anyday, or Mitt writing another check out of his Dads trust fund, or Ghouls tapping every Zionist in the country for 2,300. LOL. A marvelous Dud it is. Fred spends his fundraising dollars on "fundraising" and eating steak.

timmy616
The money raised already this quarter, should knock that shit-eatin grin off the ghouls face.

pacelli
11-30-2007, 06:54 PM
Who cares! We did GREAT!

And we have FOUR HOURS REMAINING!

Lets go all out in the next four hours!

Look menthol, I don't care how many people disagree with you, I completely agree :) A day is 24 hours, lets not call today a failure before it is even OVER. :eek:

TooConservative
11-30-2007, 06:55 PM
See, you all yelled at me when I said the goal was too high. Sigh. We need a miracle now to help us.

Did you major in drama?

Those hacks at Politico are doing well to spew their hack opinions even on a loser network like PMSNBC. Ignore them. This isn't a real moneybomb anyway. It's just to raise the extra ad money for IA/NH because the campaign said we needed to.

We can't live and die by these hacks.

We need this extra half-million right now. And we're still going to outdo all the other candidate's moneybombs. This is mostly activist stuff anyway. Average voters don't read an article and say "Gee, he raised $4M in one day so I must vote for him." Anyway, I don't know any voters like that.

It's clear a lot of you have never worked a campaign before. Stop panicking over every puny thing.

nevildev
11-30-2007, 06:56 PM
We did great today...but Boston Tea Party will blow them all away!

mosquitobite
11-30-2007, 06:56 PM

QFT!!!!!!

kotetu
11-30-2007, 06:58 PM
Hey guys, this article has one VERY GOOD part:

Paul’s campaign is in great shape financially — and not just for a dark horse. He’s raised more than $10 million since Oct. 1, almost certainly will lead the pack of Republican candidates in fourth-quarter fundraising and likely will post the largest single-quarter haul of contributions of any Republican this year.

xerigen
11-30-2007, 06:59 PM
Actually, this is a rather fair article. Much worse than it could be.

RonPaul2012grassroots
11-30-2007, 06:59 PM

Exactly my thoughts.

The competition is clueless and will say anything in their desperation to stop the R3VOLUTION.

You can't help but laugh at these detractors.

Isupportliberty
11-30-2007, 07:01 PM
I did not think this was a bad article... the headline was kinda negative, but the rest of the article was an accurate representation of what's been going on here.

NewEnd
11-30-2007, 07:03 PM
Nov 30th wasn't a real money bomb.
It was a distraction.

Dec 16th will make the establishment poop their pants.

TooConservative
11-30-2007, 07:04 PM
3 million for McCain to travel and eat anyday, or Mitt writing another check out of his Dads trust fund,...

McCain's staff blew his big wad of cash. He didn't watch his cookie jar.

Mitt donated his inheritance to charity because he was worth over $50M when his dad died. Before he started writing campaign checks, he was worth $250M. Mitt made his own money honestly. Dislike him as you will politically but he is a pretty clean and competent businessman. And business, even Big Business, isn't our enemy. We RP folks are capitalists after all.

And Fred isn't quite the failure some of you like to pretend. You might give him a little credit for not joining in the piling on on Dr. Paul over his antiwar position. The man has more decency than that and he does closely embody old conservative Southern principles of limited government. He's no strutting fascist like Benito Giuliani is. And his instincts are not those of a nannystate ninny like Huckabee.

nullzero
11-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Did any of you catch this BS?

“We’re pretty thrilled by the amount of money that’s coming in,” said Paul’s spokesman, Jesse Benton. The average Paul donor gives $100 — meaning there are a lot of small donors who are allowed to give more under federal limits, Benton said. And he added that the Nov. 5 effort — among the most successful in online fundraising history — did not meet its goal of $10 million.

Did not meet its goal of 10 million??? Since when was the nov 5th money bomb goal was 10 million dollars? I like to know who offically said that or is Benton just pulling numbers out of thin air. Was'nt it a grassroots effort... how could the campaign put a 10 million goal on the grassroots nov. 5th money bomb. That quote must be stated wrong.

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 07:06 PM
Nov 30th wasn't a real money bomb.
It was a distraction.

Dec 16th will make the establishment poop their pants.

Totally uncalled for comment. A $500,000 money bomb is hardly a "distraction". Get a life and start being positive when folks put their heart and soul into an effort.

You disgust me.

NewEnd
11-30-2007, 07:09 PM
Totally uncalled for comment. A $500,000 money bomb is hardly a "distraction". Get a life and start being positive when folks put their heart and soul into an effort.

You disgust me.

It wasn't a real money bomb.
It only had 14 days or less to prepare.

I meant distration like a flashbang, BTW, you took it wrong.

And I find it sad that people are calling it a failrue and such. Its not a failure, allthough expectations were a little high, but it's ok, ron paul has 500,000 more dollars.

devil21
11-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Sheesh, they didn't even wait till the end of the day!

I find this story absolutely jaw dropping. The question isnt how can Ron Paul do this but rather, why can't anybody else? The other candidates money bombs have failed but they still pick our $500K+ day to call it a dud? :mad:
KEEP DONATING!

margomaps
11-30-2007, 07:12 PM

“We’re pretty thrilled by the amount of money that’s coming in,” said Paul’s spokesman, Jesse Benton. The average Paul donor gives $100 — meaning there are a lot of small donors who are allowed to give more under federal limits, Benton said. And he added that the Nov. 5 effort — among the most successful in online fundraising history — did not meet its goal of $10 million.

Did not meet its goal of 10 million??? Since when was the nov 5th money bomb goal was 10 million dollars? I like to know who offically said that or is Benton just pulling numbers out of thin air. Was'nt it a grassroots effort... how could the campaign put a 10 million goal on the grassroots nov. 5th money bomb. That quote must be stated wrong.

Benton was pointing out that the $4.3 million raised was considered a huge success, despite the fact that we fell $5.7 million short of the official goal of $10 million. The implication being that you don't have to reach an absurd goal to be successful.

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 07:12 PM
It wasn't a real money bomb.
It only had 14 days or less to prepare.

I meant distration like a flashbang, BTW, you took it wrong.

And I find it sad that people are calling it a failrue and such. Its not a failure, allthough expectations were a little high, but it's ok, ron paul has 500,000 more dollars.

Okay, sorry for being so quick on the trigger. It's very tough when you put a lot of effort into this and folks call it a failure. I wanna kick something... or somethin' like that. :(

hayeksrevenge
11-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Screw them. They are afraid of the revolution. They should be.

fletcher
11-30-2007, 07:16 PM
Today was exactly what everyone was expecting. Those people that were pushing the $2.5 million goal are idiots.

davidt!
11-30-2007, 07:17 PM
They are copying and pasting an old inacurate story. So far I beleive we have raised closer to 500,000. We should e-mail them and let them now.

jp5065
11-30-2007, 07:17 PM
If we can get Paul an hour with Beck an hour on Hardball and on The View, all before the 16th, we might as well donate all the money we have right now.

We should be ale to pick up enough supporters from those shows to still break every record and go over 10 mil on the 16th.

margomaps
11-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Today was exactly what everyone was expecting. Those people that were pushing the $2.5 million goal are idiots.

I wouldn't say they are idiots. Just a bit unrealistic.

louisiana4liberty
11-30-2007, 07:18 PM
The central time zone's contributions are now in progress. This isn't over yet!

steph3n
11-30-2007, 07:20 PM

the grassroots set the 10 million just like the tea party.....nothing fishy here :)

Wayne Hammond
11-30-2007, 07:20 PM

Get a life. You're talking about people who donated money to Ron Paul. We need all the cash we can get.

Shaun
11-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Focus on Dec 16th guys. As I have said many times, it's all that matters to unleash the sequence of events we want to see. 10M on one day.

Thomas Paine
11-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Somebody needs to teach Vogel how to "read" a clock.

ionlyknowy
11-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Ok guys put yourself in the position of a journalist that works for the MSM.

Even if you support Paul, you cannot tell them this or you risk losing your job.

So why not write a "hit piece" about Paul instead...

I take this to be a RP promotion and positive article dressed as a hit piece.

The article says that the grassroots might be fractured... BUT it mentions we will have the largest amount of funds raised at the end of this quarter than ANY other REP. Candidate. I dont recall ANY other news article that has said this.

PLUS it mentioned that this is only a small money bomb compared to the one that will be on the Dec. 16th.!

Yes that is right, they promoted 12/16 the Tea party!

I bet that news article got the attention of some apathetic passive supporters and informed them of the 16th.

This was a good article IMO. And I would be surprised if the writer actually liked RP.

Liberty Star
11-30-2007, 07:24 PM
They have got to be joking.

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Raises_More_Than_Any_GOP_Candidate_In_Jus t_2_Months

11/30/07

S-U-C-C-E-S-S

Oh man... This day is exceeding my expectations! I thought the $500k prediction I made was going to be pushing it... but now I think we're good to go and then some!

We're not only breaking our own records, but also the Q3 records of the second tier candidates Thompson, Romney and Giuliani... and in only 2 months... that's 66% of a quarter for those keeping track. From the Bydlak email yesterday:

# During the third quarter, Fred Thompson raised $9,750,821 to be used during the primary election cycle.

# Not counting money that he loaned to his own campaign, Mitt Romney raised $9,896,719.

# Rudy Giuliani finished with $10,258,019.

DrNoZone
11-30-2007, 07:31 PM
I think this is an excellent article! I love that the media is paying attention. There was no way to spin this, failed or not, $500k is nothing to snark at. Love it!

SamHa1n
11-30-2007, 07:34 PM

You disgust me.

Wow! Disgust? I have done a whole lot of toungue biting in our quest for the greatest good, as should you, it is bigger then me and surely larger than the respect for your disgust.

Personally, the whole "money bomb" thing is getting played out. I get feedburner solicits for this and that...diluting the impact from the tea party idea. I unsubscribed from the nov 5 and rudysreading list feedburner announcment to prevent further enticment. I know how to find RP, and I know when I am gonna donate, December 16th. Today was a great showing, but if many thought like I did, today was a distracting donation and was a small fraction of what I plan on donating later.

Just my quick thoughts. The disgust comment forced me from forum lurkdom and this resulting first post.

NewEnd
11-30-2007, 07:38 PM
Wow! Disgust? I have done a whole lot of toungue biting in our quest for the greatest good, as should you, it is bigger then me and surely larger than the respect for your disgust.

Personally, the whole "money bomb" thing is getting played out. I get feedburner solicits for this and that...diluting the impact from the tea party idea. I unsubscribed from the nov 5 and rudysreading list feedburner announcment to prevent further enticment. I know how to find RP, and I know when I am gonna donate, December 16th. Today was a great showing, but if many thought like I did, today was a distracting donation and was a small fraction of what I plan on donating later.

Just my quick thoughts. The disgust comment forced me from forum lurkdom and this resulting first post.

thanks for jumping ot my defense, but we already worked it out.

Liberty Star
11-30-2007, 07:54 PM
Hope everyone is digging this ?

http://digg.com/2008_us_elections/Ron_Paul_Raises_More_Than_Any_GOP_Candidate_In_Jus t_2_Months

They have got to be joking.

11/30/07

S-U-C-C-E-S-S

Oh man... This day is exceeding my expectations! I thought the $500k prediction I made was going to be pushing it... but now I think we're good to go and then some!

We're not only breaking our own records, but also the Q3 records of the second tier candidates Thompson, Romney and Giuliani... and in only 2 months... that's 66% of a quarter for those keeping track. From the Bydlak email yesterday:

# During the third quarter, Fred Thompson raised $9,750,821 to be used during the primary election cycle.

# Not counting money that he loaned to his own campaign, Mitt Romney raised $9,896,719.

# Rudy Giuliani finished with $10,258,019.

JWallace
11-30-2007, 08:05 PM
Article mentions 12/16. No foul here.

good point;)

TooConservative
11-30-2007, 08:09 PM

That was the announced grassroots goal. So what if we didn't make it? No other grassroots even sets serious goals let alone comes anywhere close to their targets the way we have. The other candidate moneybombs have been complete flops.

He was correct in what he said. And it doesn't matter one bit anyway. We raised the money. And the campaign is surprised and proud and happy. Let's be content with that and not looking for an unintended insult.

Doriath
11-30-2007, 08:31 PM
Better Ron Paul reporting? Click the link again and note the story has been updated...a lot of the "dud" stuff has been vanished and the headline's a lot more favorable...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1107/7105.html

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
11-30-2007, 08:47 PM
"Howard Dean raised $41 million in 2003 in the first campaign to fully employ the Internet. "

It's cute how they think the internet can be "employed." Maybe someday, but not yet suckers. :)

You can pick apart pieces of the article if you want. It doesn't look like a hit piece to me... just befuddlement regarding the entire movement.

jumpyg1258
11-30-2007, 08:49 PM
Better Ron Paul reporting? Click the link again and note the story has been updated...a lot of the "dud" stuff has been vanished and the headline's a lot more favorable...

http://www.politico.com/news/stories/1107/7105.html

No that is a different article from earlier today.

Doriath
11-30-2007, 08:56 PM

Yeah, but if you hit the politico homepage, it's still the lead item...the "dud" crap is buried in a 1-liner under other news.

MoneyWhereMyMouthIs2
11-30-2007, 09:02 PM

haha. That's the one I was commenting on. My bad.

angrydragon
11-30-2007, 09:15 PM
I don't think we've failed at all.

TooConservative
11-30-2007, 09:41 PM
Yeah, but if you hit the politico homepage, it's still the lead item...the "dud" crap is buried in a 1-liner under other news.

Obviously, they fear our wrath. Or at least our emails.

Sometimes, I just picture what happens to their servers if they print some snarky hit piece and all the RP supporters start writing angry emails.

Their email inbox must start clanging away like they hit the jackpot on a Vegas slot machine. Not just for a few minutes. Hours and hours of it. LOL.

They love that web traffic and ad revenue an RP article brings them. The angry emails, not so much.

MarcS
11-30-2007, 09:42 PM
seriously, i wish we could "fail" so spectacularly every day.

LinkClan
11-30-2007, 09:58 PM
Okay, it's time to send in the archers! Send now the children! All school age children promote now the TEA PARTY! It's a must watch! Tell your friends, tell their parents, I WANT TO BE PART OF THE TEA PARTY!

Indy Vidual
11-30-2007, 10:05 PM
"Money bomb dud exposes cracks in Paul Nation"

I didn't read the whole thread.
Did anyone notice we are a 'Nation' now?
That sounds really big :)
(compared to being a few 'dedicated spammers')

lastnymleft
12-01-2007, 01:03 AM
"Money bomb dud exposes cracks in Paul Nation"

I didn't read the whole thread.
Did anyone notice we are a 'Nation' now?
That sounds really big :)
(compared to being a few 'dedicated spammers')

Stunned by the sort of things I've seen of this movement (eg the "Ron Paul Choir" http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X3aYLx9Pg1s (Great stuff, Clearwater, FL!), I've said before that if this movement got any bigger it'd need its own zip code, but obviously we've gone even beyond that stage! :D

HOLLYWOOD
12-01-2007, 11:41 AM
We have to ensure for Dec 16th... But some help and work is needed. I don't know who handles what, so I'm posting GP.

EVERY RP support Groups across the nation are notified of all the TEA PARTY event schedules.

EVERY RP support Groups across the nation, notify by all means the local medias (TV/RADIO/NEWS PRINT/INTERNET)

LOCAL RP TEA PARTY/RP Fliers... mailbox to mailbox - house to house

TEA PARTY December 16th

Someone go up on GoDaddy.com and buy every TEA PARTY close associated link name available! ie: teaparty2007.com, ronpaulteaparty.com, bostonteaparty.com, etc etc

link all of them to: http://www.teaparty07.com

NEXT FUNDING is need for the SEARCH ENGINES at GOOGLE, YAHOO, ASK, AOL, etc. Buy buying "HITS" and posting the WWW.TEAPARTY07.COM at the top of every search! Very IMPORTANT, because it lists OUR RP Tea PARTY on the first page of hit returns and preferably at the top

Again, I don't know who handles what... so I'm posting these AR's to the GP here...

PEACE, Wood