PDA

View Full Version : Do NOT Name that Blimp! Round Fourb

BeFranklin
11-30-2007, 05:37 PM
Ok, this is round b of this poll, since some people have claimed they mis-voted. The purpose of this is to see what names people really hate, which helps avoid vote split ie there might be many liberty votes among sub-names, but they don't want xyz.

I went ahead and eliminated the most hated name, well, second most hated name - Let Freedom Fly. This was my own suggestion originally, and was meant to be a slogan play on freedom and not a name anyway, so I felt comfortable removing it since freedom is still there and not very hated. The most hated name 'Air Force Ron' is still there, since people say they mis-voted (although there were a lot of negative comments about Air Force Ron in the thread).

Come on and vote for the most hated name, Round Four-b!

BeFranklin
11-30-2007, 05:42 PM
FYI: No one has posted a reason against liberty eagle?

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 05:49 PM

Why are we voting for the worst again?

Why do we have to give reasons we dislike a name?

I still do not understand why we don't just leave one poll up asking people which name they like the most.

This seems pointless. Unless you want people to dog on the names other people came up with.

asking for reasons you dislike a name is so negative.

Why not talk about the positive things you like about a name after voting for which one you like.

Let's think positive....not negative.

:)

sharkcity
11-30-2007, 05:51 PM
I think we should stay on the Americans Love Freedom message

troyd1
11-30-2007, 05:58 PM
To me their are only 2 choices. Air Force Ron because of the play on words or the US Constitution because it is everything Ron Paul stands for and would be bringing his message. The others are good, but not as catchy as Air Force Ron and not as Meaningful as the US Constitution imho.

koob
11-30-2007, 06:01 PM
I initially hated Air Force Ron but now I think it's the best one. The the nature of the blimp is very over the top if you get what I mean. Air Force Ron is a very over the top almost obnoxious name. I love it. :D

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 06:02 PM
To me their are only 2 choices. Air Force Ron because of the play on words or the US Constitution because it is everything Ron Paul stands for and would be bringing his message. The others are good, but not as catchy as Air Force Ron and not as Meaningful as the US Constitution imho.

I initially hated Air Force Ron but now I think it's the best one. The the nature of the blimp is very over the top if you get what I mean. Air Force Ron is a very over the top almost obnoxious name. I love it. :D

Well I hope you guys didn't vote for it...because this it the "Let's vote for our LEAST favorite" Poll.

I guess we are suppose to be telling everyone what reasons we had for voting for the one we hate the most.

...not our favorites. Go figure.

It's so negative.

It's whatever.... later. :)

FreeTraveler
11-30-2007, 06:11 PM
The more I think about it, the more I think Air Force Ron will not compare favorably with Air Force One. I can see the commentators making a big deal of the difference between a sleek, expensive jet and a blimp.

I like Liberty Rising, because it represents the concept of Liberty, and rising goes nicely with the blimp image.

Wyurm
11-30-2007, 06:34 PM
Gah, I accidently clicked my favorite, this is a trick poll :( If you're trying to prove I don't always follow directions (or read them), then you have succeded, grats.

We should call it Air Force Ron

hillertexas
11-30-2007, 06:34 PM
bump

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 06:38 PM
People are still voting for their FAVORITE.

Change the Poll so that there is not confusion.

It is the least you can do.

Thank you.

BeFranklin
11-30-2007, 06:46 PM
People are still voting for their FAVORITE.

Change the Poll so that there is not confusion.

It is the least you can do.

Thank you.

I don't think so. Its going up exactly like it could be predicted - the previous poll was a little flat, this one more clearly shows that Air Force Ron is really hated, which matches the number of comments on previous threads that gave reasons for not choosing it.

Although splitting the votes between choices, for example with a lot of liberty xxx choices, might help one name, in a reverse poll it doesn't.

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 06:51 PM
I don't think so. Its going up exactly like it should - the previous poll was a little flat, this one more clearly shows that Air Force Ron is really hated, which matches the number of comments on previous threads that gave reasons for not choosing it.

Although splitting the votes between choices, for example with a lot of liberty xxx choices, might help one name, in a reverse poll it doesn't.

You are not reading the responses are you...or chat...or the rest of the web.

Oh forget it...if you feel that this back asswards poll that people feel on first appearance it for the favorite instead of the worst like the other one is really the way to get this public opinion then you go right ahead.

I mean, it is a little odd then the favorite poll and this poll both have the same name in the lead???

Just forget it.....I really don't care. I just thought I would do those who are getting confused a favor...but what do I know...

tangent4ronpaul
11-30-2007, 06:53 PM
This poll is worthless!

It says do not name that blimp - which appears to be reverse psychology to get people to vote for a blimp name, but it seems and isn't that clear if we are supposed to be voting for or against a name.

I chose air force ron, and that was a positive vote. It looks like others did the same.

-n

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 06:55 PM
This poll is worthless!

It says do not name that blimp - which appears to be reverse psychology to get people to vote for a blimp name, but it seems and isn't that clear if we are supposed to be voting for or against a name.

I chose air force ron, and that was a positive vote. It looks like others did the same.

-n

Point and case......why have a trick poll.

Just make one poll.....FOR THE FAVORITE.

No one will be confused.

It is so simple......

hillertexas
11-30-2007, 06:56 PM
Hey Guys...
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=44911

hillertexas
11-30-2007, 07:01 PM
bump

BeFranklin
11-30-2007, 07:04 PM
This poll is worthless!

-n

Point and case......why have a trick poll.

Just make one poll.....FOR THE FAVORITE.

No one will be confused.

It is so simple...... (This last sends shudders down my spine, like someone hissing it)

The poll you made before was dishonest (ie a trick), because you intentionally split the vote. I simply used the same names and reversed it, so the shoe is on the other foot. It *ought* to look this way. Why?

Because about half of the people in the previous threads wanted something else, and most of them really did not like Air Force One as they explained to you. It isn't serious and it doesn't convey a message, and will be linked to being loney, violent, etc.

Now, I'm tired of the suggestions that this is a trick poll, so I'm going to now blame you. SPLITTING THE LIBERTY VOTE was a trick, and wrong, but you saw nothing wrong with that. (You also did that to freedom too). By reversing the poll, splitting should have no effect:

IE Everyone that has a favorite other then Airforce Ron, even if they are split between libery this or liberty that, is now free to vote against it. That is about 60% of the original voters I believe.

I'm sorry you are losing, but you likely should be, because most people wanted something else in the other polls, and gave you good reasons why.

James R
11-30-2007, 07:04 PM

I just voted against it. Sounds like an over-used phrase to me for some reason.

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 07:07 PM
Look the fact is that this poll is misleading..therefor dishonest.

When voting for something, people always assume that it for the "Best or Favorite" at first hand.

This is common sense. You can put 50 names up there....no one cares....just make it for voting for the "Favorite name" so people will not choose the wrong one by accident.

I do not understand what is so hard to understand about that.

Since this is the second time you have done this when asked to change it after seeing the people get confused.

Some one else has done what you could not.

NEW POLL:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=44911

If you want a poll with all the names on it...then make one...just make it so everyone is voting for their favorite....like a normal poll.

hillertexas
11-30-2007, 07:08 PM
The poll you made before was dishonest, because you intentionally split the vote. I simply used the same names and reversed it, so the shoe is on the other foot. It *ought* to look this way. Why?

Because about half of the people in the previous threads wanted something else, and most of them really did not like Air Force One as they explained to you. It isn't serious and it doesn't convey a message, and will be linked to being loney, violent, etc.

Now, I'm tired of the suggestions that this is a trick poll, so I'm going to now blame you. SPLITTING THE LIBERTY VOTE was a trick, and wrong, but you saw nothing wrong with that. (You also did that to freedom too). By reversing the poll, splitting should have no effect:

IE Everyone that has a favorite other then Airforce Ron, even if they are split between libery this or liberty that, is now free to vote against it. That is about 60% of the original voters I believe.

I'm sorry you are losing, but you likely should be, because most people wanted something else in the other polls, and gave you good reasons why.

Wow...you are a very angry individual. Yes, I intentionally rigged the poll so that your precious "Liberty Eagle" didn't stand a chance. It's all a big conspiracy. Actually, it wasn't my idea. It was an alien named asshole.

Here ya go, sunshine:
http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=44911 :)

BeFranklin
11-30-2007, 07:08 PM
I just voted against it. Sounds like an over-used phrase to me for some reason.

I was wondering if it reminded anyone of a gold coin, and that was the reason.

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 07:14 PM
People have already voted for the wrong thing many many times in this poll....

It needs to be locked so another, more honest anf non-misleading, poll can be started.

BeFranklin
11-30-2007, 07:14 PM
Wow...you are a very angry individual. Yes, I intentionally rigged the poll so that your precious "Liberty Eagle" didn't stand a chance. It's all a big conspiracy. Actually, it wasn't my idea. It was an alien named asshole.

There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a reverse poll. In the case of a name that is disliked as much or more then it is liked, there is a good reason for it, and the posts by many other people suggested it.

Liberty Eagle isn't my name.

I actually don't have a strong preference between the liberty names, the freedom names, and the constitution names. They are all reasonably good choices and convey some meaning. I don't think much however of the air force ron name, I admit. If you *STILL* think people are 'accidentally' voting in large numbers against it, I can run this poll again tommorow. But I think its accurately showing what people think.

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 07:17 PM
There is absolutely nothing wrong with having a reverse poll.

YES THERE IS....there are people who have voted in both of your misleading polls who have said that they voted wrong because of your misleading poll.

It is misleading. PERIOD.

TooConservative
11-30-2007, 07:18 PM
Why are we voting for the worst again?

Because it makes some of us laugh.

I can't believe some of these threads. Apparently, some parents in this country need to supervise their children's internet usage more closely. LOL.

torchbearer
11-30-2007, 07:20 PM
I think people are not reading the poll question.

TooConservative
11-30-2007, 07:20 PM
It needs to be locked so another, more honest anf non-misleading, poll can be started.

Ohmygod, have mercy. My sides... ROFLOLOLOLOL!!!

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 07:21 PM

I can't believe some of these threads. Apparently, some parents in this country need to supervise their children's internet usage more closely. LOL.

I'm sorry, are you trying to call me a child?

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 07:22 PM
Ohmygod, have mercy. My sides... ROFLOLOLOLOL!!!

Since when is insulting board members apart of the regular activity on this board?

I'm waiting.......

kaleidoscope eyes
11-30-2007, 07:23 PM
yes, Air Force Ron is soooooo crazy cheesy and I love it! It appeals to my sensibilities, I'm a bit of a cheesemeister (and proudly so) myself. Plus, it really does sum up the message so very succinctly. I like it, and I'm unapologetic!:p

BeFranklin
11-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Look the fact is that this poll is misleading..therefor dishonest.

Oh CRY. This is the second poll made, so people could have a chance to change their vote. And you still aren't happy, not because they now don't know, but because you don't want to allow that your name isn't liked much by many people.

Personally, I think it would be a *disaster* to use air force ron, and expect the % of people not liking it would be even higher if only people who are actually donating money voted.

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Oh CRY. This is the second poll made, so people could have a chance to change their vote. And you still aren't happy, not because they now don't know, but because you don't want to allow that your name isn't liked much by many people.

Personally, I think it would be a *disaster* to use air force ron, and expect the % of people not liking it would be even higher if only people who are actually donating money voted.

I could give a poo....I just read your complaint about the other poll being dishonest and figured that I would point out the fact that this poll in misleading.

Since you are such a strict person for being honest when polls are given..I thought you might want to wake up to the fact that you are doing the same thing that your were complaining about in the first place..

Do you understand?

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 07:27 PM
Since when is insulting board members apart of the regular activity on this board?

I'm waiting.......

Still waiting....

BeFranklin
11-30-2007, 07:30 PM
I think people are not reading the poll question.

I'll just keep posting it until that disappears. However, if the same person says over and over again "I didn't read the poll", at some point I'm not gonna believe them :rolleyes:

I have no problem reposting this over again. I believe the results are reasonable accurate, and it doesn't matter how many times I have to repost it till "all of us actually read it", because its going to show the same general thing.

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 07:31 PM

Still waiting on Mr. Adult to explain to me why insulting strangers on the net is so adult......

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 07:34 PM
I'll just keep posting it until that disappears. However, if the same person says over and over again "I didn't read the poll", at some point I'm not gonna believe them :rolleyes:

I have no problem reposting this over again. I believe the results are reasonable accurate, and it doesn't matter how many times I have to repost it till "all of us actually read it", because its going to show the same general thing.

I really don't care man... I was speaking up for everyone else who obviously choose the wrong name. That is all. The Poll is obviously misleading. Telephone pollers use reverse questions to trap and confuse the callers and given the last poll...I would say that thenmumbers here are off...it's that simple...

BeFranklin
11-30-2007, 07:35 PM
I could give a poo....I just read your complaint about the other poll being dishonest and figured that I would point out the fact that this poll in misleading.

That was in response to you, after about 3-4 posts here, and some on the last thread (4a), which is why I posted (4b) - for you.

There is nothing wrong with a reverse poll, and it makes a lot of sense when feelings against a name are running pretty high too.

However, lets examine your argument that "people just aren't reading the poll after having voted for it twice, and complaining each time".

I have a question: Do we really want people who can't even read a poll naming our blimp? They probably don't have a great grasp of the nuances of language, and so probably aren't going to be the greatest people to go to for picking names!!

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 07:36 PM

What's wrong? Insulting people is just enough for you eh? You can't come back and explain why? How about telling everyone else why you feel that insulting strangers on this board helps your ego?

You have Failed.

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 07:39 PM
That was in response to you, after about 3-4 posts here, and some on the last thread (4a), which is why I posted (4b) - for you.

There is nothing wrong with a reverse poll, and it makes a lot of sense when feelings against a name are running pretty high too.

However, lets examine your argument that "people just aren't reading the poll after having voted for it twice, and complaining each time".

I have a question: Do we really want people who can't even read a poll naming our blimp? They probably don't have a great grasp of the nuances of language, and so probably aren't going to be the greatest people to go to for picking names!

people just aren't reading the poll after having voted for it twice, and complaining each time".

I never said that. Besides...has it occurred to you that some people never saw the first poll and are voting for the first time. ?Pleas tell me that you thought of this.

The average person just assumes that a vote is "for the best"...it's how almost everything works in this world. It is the majority assumption.

Please tell me that you are aware of these things.

Why vote for the worst?....is it not enough to vote for the best?

The only difference is is that one will confuse a portion of people and the other is the norm.

"I have a question: Do we really want people who can't even read a poll naming our blimp? They probably don't have a great grasp of the nuances of language, and so probably aren't going to be the greatest people to go to for picking names!"

Please tell me that you did not call the members who mis-voted idiots?!?!?!

Why would you do something like that????

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 07:43 PM

C'mon....come on back. Explain to these fine people why you felt that insulting a complete stranger on the Ron Paul Forums was a good idea...

...go on tell em...

TooConservative
11-30-2007, 07:49 PM
You can call it the Spammaster Blimporama 2000 for all I care. I just find it too funny that the blimp has to have a name.

Have you considered just calling it "the blimp"?

So after people vote for (or vote against) these names...no, never mind...you're trying to suck me into the madness.

BeFranklin
11-30-2007, 07:51 PM
I never said that. Besides...has it occurred to you that some people never saw the first poll and are voting for the first time.

I can always repost. This poll isn't that serious, it just tells us where we stand. The decision surely will be handled by the people actually doing the blimp project, possibly by email to actual donors.

Please tell me that you did not call the members who mis-voted idiots?!?!?!

Nope.

Storm3
11-30-2007, 07:53 PM
I have a question: Do we really want people who can't even read a poll naming our blimp? They probably don't have a great grasp of the nuances of language, and so probably aren't going to be the greatest people to go to for picking names!!

Didn`t the question come up as: "Do NOT name our blimp?" - it actually has a question mark.

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 07:54 PM
You can call it the Spammaster Blimporama 2000 for all I care. I just find it too funny that the blimp has to have a name.

Have you considered just calling it "the blimp"?

So after people vote for (or vote against) these names...no, never mind...you're trying to suck me into the madness.

At least you came back...I'll give you that much.

You have a point though....I actually want to call it "The Ron Paul Blimp"

That's what I have been calling it. I figured that is what the media will call it.

My argument about the poll is based on principle for the others who have voted incorrectly, not I.

I learned that sticking up for others when something is not representing them correctly is what Ron Paul might do. But you all knew that.

PS - Next time, think before you insult a stranger on a forum. Especially one that acts as community that is trying to get a man elected to office.

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 07:58 PM
I can always repost. This poll isn't that serious, it just tells us where we stand. The decision surely will be handled by the people actually doing the blimp project, possibly by email to actual donors.

Nope.

OK....I feel that this conversation can end. Good joust sir!

Till we meet again. ;)

TooConservative
11-30-2007, 08:00 PM
Are you one of the $5,000 contributors or donating at the high levels needed to fly this blimp?

It seems to me that if it is to have a name, let the people who poured the big money into it give it a name. I think they'll just call it "the blimp". Or "our blimp". They're going to get to fly on it after all. I just hope they'll take some photos for us and write a few articles. Maybe the Pauls will get to take a short ride on it. That would be cool.

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 08:07 PM
Are you one of the $5,000 contributors or donating at the high levels needed to fly this blimp?

It seems to me that if it is to have a name, let the people who poured the big money into it give it a name. I think they'll just call it "the blimp". Or "our blimp". They're going to get to fly on it after all. I just hope they'll take some photos for us and write a few articles. Maybe the Pauls will get to take a short ride on it. That would be cool.

No, I wish, I am dropping $500 though on the blimp (My kinds are really excited about the blimp :)). I dropped $300 today for Rudy's Reading List and will tap out on the 16th with $1,000 more.

I need this man to win. We need this man to win. I fear what this country will become without him as our next president.

My Children are depending on me to do everything I can in my life time to make this place we live in a better place for them to live and if that means selling all of my fathers comic books and working more hours...then so be it.

I will not stop. We will not stop. The people will not stop until this country hears our roar of hope for what this country can and will become.

....A REPUBLIC OF THE FREE.

I'm in it for the long haul guys. LET"S DO THIS!!!!!!

kutibah
11-30-2007, 08:08 PM
Oops I think I misread this and voted wrong. I voted for Liberty Eagle, but that's the name I liked. The one I DONT like is Air Force Ron....my mistake.

Cap'n Crunk
11-30-2007, 08:12 PM
ya I accidentally voted for my favorite one too. whoops

xexkxex
11-30-2007, 08:14 PM
Oops I think I misread this and voted wrong. I voted for Liberty Eagle, but that's the name I liked. The one I DONT like is Air Force Ron....my mistake.

ya I accidentally voted for my favorite one too. whoops

It's ok, a lot of people are doing the same thing. The results of this poll are technically void.

I'm sure a new one will be made soon that has easier and more common directions.

No worries though. It's not official or anything, just a poll to test the waters.

:)

TooConservative
11-30-2007, 08:17 PM

I liked Air Force Ron but didn't like Liberty Eagle. So I'll "trade" you to balance it out. I haven't voted yet in this current round of voting.

There's something kind of humorous about us spamming our own unofficial blimp naming polls.

TooConservative
11-30-2007, 08:21 PM
I'm sure a new one will be made soon that has easier and more common sense directions. ... :)

Now I'm starting to look forward to it. LOL.

Real_CaGeD
11-30-2007, 08:21 PM
sorry minus one vote for air force Ron, i love that name.

Paul4Prez
11-30-2007, 08:59 PM
I love "Air Force Ron." It shows a good-natured sense of humor, and it makes people think of Ron Paul as being President -- when he will fly in Air Force One.

The U.S.S. Constitution would be okay, except for the not-so-minor fact that there's already a very distinguished vessel with that name.

LBT
11-30-2007, 09:14 PM
Why can't we call the blimp Round Fourb ?
;)
Or Revolution Orb

Oh, and Air Force Ron is catchy, a little humorous and most importantly will get picked up by media.

Also, it is personable to call a candidate by their first name, like Hitlary.

RP4Pres2008
11-30-2007, 09:16 PM
Opps I think I misunderstood the poll...

I like Air Force Ron!!

TooConservative
11-30-2007, 09:33 PM
Opps I think I misunderstood the poll...

I like Air Force Ron!!

Don't worry. By the time we get to Poll #6c, I'm confident we can all figure it out.

jnpg
11-30-2007, 09:35 PM
as in I goofed it too!