PDA

View Full Version : WashTimes: Brannon again sets goal, this time for US Senate

devil21
03-30-2014, 01:30 AM
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/29/brannon-again-sets-goal-this-time-for-us-senate/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS

The self-proclaimed constitutional conservative says he decided in 2009 to try to unseat Democrat Kay Hagan this year.

“I actually read Obamacare,” Brannon told the Alamance Conservatives gathering recently in Burlington. “I actually read Dodd-Frank. This is not a game to me. I prepared for this.”

Read more: http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2014/mar/29/brannon-again-sets-goal-this-time-for-us-senate/?utm_source=RSS_Feed&utm_medium=RSS#ixzz2xQefdF00
Follow us: @washtimes on Twitter

Hardcore man, hardcore.

Vanguard101
03-30-2014, 03:11 AM
I was watching part of that Rowan Tea Party debate and saw how literally everything he said was a reference to the constitution. I was amazed. Tbh, I prefer his rhetoric over Ron Paul's

Bastiat's The Law
03-30-2014, 09:21 AM
I was watching part of that Rowan Tea Party debate and saw how literally everything he said was a reference to the constitution. I was amazed. Tbh, I prefer his rhetoric over Ron Paul's

Ron was very big picture, less on specifics. It hurt him in some circles. Both approaches have their merit, and I like seeing liberty candidates come at this from all directions.

devil21
03-30-2014, 03:28 PM
Greg gave a short speech at our county convention yesterday. He talked so fast that he jumbled words and misspoke sometimes and it reminded me of Ron a bit in that regard....brain working faster than his mouth. He received a very good reception but he should probably slow it down a bit so his words are clear.

lib3rtarian
03-30-2014, 06:01 PM
Greg gave a short speech at our county convention yesterday. He talked so fast that he jumbled words and misspoke sometimes and it reminded me of Ron a bit in that regard....brain working faster than his mouth. He received a very good reception but he should probably slow it down a bit so his words are clear.

Trust me - all of us know, especially his wife. She reminds him before every interview and speech. She says he actually slowed down a lot since he started.

devil21
03-30-2014, 10:08 PM
Trust me - all of us know, especially his wife. She reminds him before every interview and speech. She says he actually slowed down a lot since he started.

He got 3 minutes and dropped a ton of truth but it turns people off because it just sounds sloppy and uncollected, no matter how right he is.

Tillis' speech right after was the standard red-meat-but-empty-rhetoric but he was slower and metered and just sounded more polished. Of course Tillis has lots of experience sounding polished while not saying shit but it's more important to sound polished to the low-info voters and the elderly voters than to speak truth. Greg has to work on that more as his coverage expands or it will likely be his undoing under the spotlight.