PDA

View Full Version : Woman’s dumb Facebook post gets her in trouble

aGameOfThrones
03-29-2014, 07:33 PM
Back in 2012, Colleen Cudney was convicted for drunken driving. As part of her punishment, she was put on probation, and so on the day after St. Patrick’s Day, the 22-year-old was ordered to come to her Westland, Michigan probation office for a random breathalyzer test. She managed to pass it and celebratedthe good news on Facebook. That Facebook post, as WDIV Local 4 News reports, was a pretty stupid move.

Investigators told WDIV she posted, “Buzz killer for me, I had to breatalyze this morning and I drank yesterday but I passed thank god lol my dumba**." There’s There are a lot of problems with this status update. Why don’t we go over them? (Note: Notice how I criticized her writing and then proceeded to make a mistake myself? Karma.)

Cudney’s post gained the attention of a Westland police officer, who then notified the probation office. Did the probation office then say something like, “Oh well, she got us. She wins this round”? Nope. They called her up and told Colleen they wanted her to take a urine test, something that would detect whether she had had alcohol in the previous 80 hours. Colleen then…hung up on the probation officer. You’re not supposed to do that.

Hanging up the phone on the probation official was a probation violation. And to think, her probation was set to end in a few weeks. Colleen Cudney will be back in court on April 1 for a probation hearing and faces up to 3 months in jail.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/woman’s-dumb-facebook-post-gets-her-in-trouble-214614417.html

Anti Federalist
03-29-2014, 07:38 PM
You know what?

Good.

That's the only way Boobus is gonna understand this.

gwax23
03-29-2014, 07:45 PM
7/10 being generous

tod evans
03-29-2014, 07:46 PM
You know what?

Good.

That's the only way Boobus is gonna understand this.

I'll bet ya' a cyber nickle that even after sitting in goal for 90 days she won't "understand"...

In fact I'll go out on a limb and say that she'll cry victim....

ClydeCoulter
03-29-2014, 07:53 PM
I'll bet ya' a cyber nickle that even after sitting in goal for 90 days she won't "understand"...

Yep, it's a different kind of game for them. They try to work the system, but can't win, because they don't know how and don't have the patience for it, unfortunately. And the system loves them, because it is profitable, this game.

DamianTV
03-29-2014, 09:12 PM

... on Facebook, of all fucking places too!

MRK
03-30-2014, 03:10 AM
So the cops are scanning non-violent probationers for facebook updates now? Terrific.

tod evans
03-30-2014, 04:04 AM
So the cops are scanning non-violent probationers for facebook updates now? Terrific.

They don't have to leave the comfort of their desk to fuck with people....:mad:

DamianTV
03-30-2014, 04:15 AM
They don't have to leave the comfort of their desk to fuck with people....:mad:

Soon enough, tickets will be completely automatic and there will be no "victims" or a need for an "accuser". Welcome to the wonderful future of fail.

tod evans
03-30-2014, 06:42 AM
The brain surgeon;

http://l1.yimg.com/bt/api/res/1.2/3H2rrVyOd1TK7_iSackz8g--/YXBwaWQ9eW5ld3M7cT04NTt3PTYzMA--/http://l.yimg.com/os/publish-images/news/2014-03-28/014c86f0-b6c2-11e3-a952-c33ed8894d87_cudney.png

And a link to a "newz" blurb full of appologists;

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/woman%E2%80%99s-dumb-facebook-post-gets-her-in-trouble-214614417.html

specsaregood
03-30-2014, 07:23 AM
So if you are convicted of drunk driving; you are forbidden from drinking at all during probation? even when driving had nothing to do with it? I had not heard of that.

UtahApocalypse
03-30-2014, 07:45 AM
I can't believe this site sometimes. Calling it "stupid Facebook"is about as accurate as saying "that dumb gun" in relation to a shooting. The only thing stupid here was the offender for not following her probation, and bragging about it.

Danke
03-30-2014, 08:33 AM
So if you are convicted of drunk driving; you are forbidden from drinking at all during probation? even when driving had nothing to do with it? I had not heard of that.

Ya, I know a guy who had to answer random calls to his residence for curfew including a breathalyzer.

ClydeCoulter
03-30-2014, 11:15 AM

Ya, I know a guy who had to answer random calls to his residence for curfew including a breathalyzer.

Reminds me of the saying, "Give 'em an inch, they'll take a mile".