PDA

View Full Version : Help with Greg Brannon's Wikipedia

TaftFan
03-29-2014, 07:02 PM
I've got the framework started. Help me with the details. Then we can submit it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wikipedia_talk:Articles_for_creation/Greg_Brannon

TaftFan
03-30-2014, 12:35 PM
Bump. It is coming along nicely but could use some more info.

Ecolibertarian
03-30-2014, 02:56 PM
Bump. It is coming along nicely but could use some more info.

Agreed. I'd like to emphasize, though, that we need to be careful to keep it encyclopedic. This means that we don't want to have a bunch of flowery (or vicious) quotations about Brannon, and we don't want it to look like a blurb on a book cover. We need, for example, to cover his positions, his activities with Founder's Truth and whatnot, but also his legal issues. This doesn't mean trashing him to balance out positive stuff; it just means observing a neutral point of view.

I don't mean to suggest that people aren't aware of Wikipedia's policies, or that what they've done so far is all wrong, but just encouraging people to remember to temper their strong opinions about Brannon.

hated
03-30-2014, 03:31 PM
Might as well address the lawsuit. It's that or wait for it to be crafted by someone hostile.

Good job so far!

Ecolibertarian
04-01-2014, 08:58 AM
Hey guys,

I agree with hated, this article is looking really good so far. My instinct right now is to look to Ron Paul's article as an ideal model, although obviously we're probably not going to bring Brannon's article to the same level of detail or depth, given that his political history is more limited. Anyway, I thought of a few things we might want to think about:

-How has Brannon been described? Libertarian, libertarian Republican, Constitutinal Conservative, paleoconservative...the determinative factor would be what other people have called him. The most common description I've seen is some variation of "Tea Party darling," but that isn't exactly a very encyclopedic term. We can certainly say that he's associated with the Tea Party, though.

-Review of Brannon's positions on issues such as abortion, currency, 2nd Amendment, federalism, foreign policy, taxation and property, etc. We can't say Brannon takes the positions on these issues laid out by the Constitution--need to say that Brannon adopts a certain reading of the Constitution which he argues leads to these positions.

-Religious beliefs?

-Participation of major national figures or organizations in campaign

Ecolibertarian
04-11-2014, 10:46 AM
Bumping. Hoping for more Wikipedia contributors!