PDA

View Full Version : Rep. Peter King looks to chair House Intelligence Committee

compromise
03-29-2014, 04:18 PM
http://www.newsday.com/news/nation/rep-peter-king-looks-to-chair-house-intelligence-committee-1.7536697
WASHINGTON -- Rep. Peter King said he is eyeing a chance to lead the House Intelligence Committee after its chairman, Rep. Mike Rogers, announced Friday that he will retire at year's end to host a nationally syndicated radio talk show.

Rogers, 50, a seven-term Michigan Republican and former FBI agent, has chaired the committee since 2011 and is a staunch defender of U.S. intelligence and the National Security Agency's controversial data collection programs -- a stand also taken by King (R-Seaford).

After Rogers, King is the fourth most senior Republican on the committee. At least one of the three lawmakers ahead of him has signaled interest in the committee chairmanship.

"It's an honor to be considered," King said. "But it's totally controlled by the speaker."

House Speaker John Boehner (R-Ohio) is expected to decide at the end of the year or early next year on a new chairman.

dillo
03-29-2014, 04:20 PM
Peter King couldnt be worse than Mike Rogers

They are both evil

Would love to see Amash get it, but Ill hold my breath

JK/SEA
03-29-2014, 04:47 PM
buying more popcorn...

jkob
03-29-2014, 06:44 PM
Peter King is a literal terrorist. Any democrat would be better than him, I hope he loses his seat in November.

cindy25
03-29-2014, 08:04 PM
does he have any serious opponent? isn't his district competitive?

twomp
03-30-2014, 04:41 AM
Peter King is a literal terrorist. Any democrat would be better than him, I hope he loses his seat in November.
As a former democrat I would agree with that not because I support Team Blue, if anything, I despise them more than team red now because at least the R's now have Rand Paul, Amash, and Massie but because I don't want any politicians to feel like their job is safe. They need to feel like they are being watched instead of us being watched.

RonPaulFanInGA
03-30-2014, 05:11 AM
Even if it's not King, they're going to be give some pro-NSA shill the position, no doubt.

mz10
03-30-2014, 05:25 AM
Even if it's not King, they're going to be give some pro-NSA shill the position, no doubt.

I'd rather it be King. I want the intel chair to be the most embarrassing, inarticulate spokesman for the NSA that you could possibly have. King fits that bill.

Dianne
03-30-2014, 05:49 AM
I'd rather it be King. I want the intel chair to be the most embarrassing, inarticulate spokesman for the NSA that you could possibly have. King fits that bill.

I guess you have a point:

Rep. Peter King Says NSA Should Spy On Congress, Because They Might Be Talking To Al Qaeda
from the or-the-IRA? dept
Every day, Rep. Peter King seems more and more like a TV villain politician. He's so... over the top in his crazy surveillance state opinions that it's almost difficult to believe he's real. Just take a stroll through his previous statements, in which he's attacked the NY Times for supporting Ed Snowden, whom he calls both a "traitor" and a "terrorist appeaser." He's said that it's a "disgrace" that anyone might call out the fact that Director of National Intelligence James Clapper lied to Congress. He's argued that it's "slander" to call the NSA's activities "spying." And he's argued that Glenn Greenwald should be arrested and prosecuted for reporting on Snowden's leaks.

His latest, it seems, is in response to Senator Bernie Sanders' simple question to the NSA, about whether or not it was spying on Congress (I'll note that Sanders appears to use "spying" in the manner in which King has previously insisted was "slander"). King was asked about Sanders' question, and argued that the NSA should be spying on Congress because they might be "talking to an al-Qaeda leader."

Specifically, after a very leading question from the Fox News reporter, King says:
I think members of Congress should be treated the same as everyone else. If a member of Congress is talking to an Al Qaeda leader in Iraq or Afghanistan, why should that member of Congress be any different from any person on the street?
While that might sound ridiculous at first, I guess if any member of Congress knows about talking to terrorist leaders, it would be Rep. Peter King. As we've pointed out multiple times, King was a very big supporter of a known terrorist group, the IRA, back in the 80s, supporting the group that was known for bombing a shopping center, killing six and injuring 90.

http://libertyblitzkrieg.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/06/CrazyKing.jpg

robertwerden
03-30-2014, 08:22 AM
Peter King is a vile putrid lump of shit.

03-30-2014, 01:47 PM
I thought King wanted to run for president? :rolleyes:

TaftFan
03-30-2014, 01:57 PM
I thought King wanted to run for president? :rolleyes:

That hasn't changed.

nbruno322
03-30-2014, 04:23 PM
Here is Michael Scheuer whooping Peter King.

Get the popcorn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XHl1JnQoIWQ

Dianne
03-30-2014, 06:04 PM
Peter King should be in lock up .. Peter King is the terrorist, the TSA should be protecting us from. Forget locking up 90 year olds for incontinence .... lock up Peter King, A REAL TERRORIST !