PDA

View Full Version : I have been working to convert my Mom to RP

weagle
11-30-2007, 05:15 PM
I wanted to go down the list of emails that have transpired thus far. My mom is religious but thinks the war is a good idea to stop radical muslims from killing our babies in our sleep. Anyway she is a die hard Republican so I started with the simple Ronald Reagan Speach below. Remember I love her, don't bash.:o

Which candidate would you put into the mold of Pres Reagan. You probably heard this live, but it was my first time.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4770988975023965161

My Moms Response:

Loved the video - but I'm not crazy about Ron Paul. I don't like his "cut and run" attitude. Not sure who I do like - maybe Huckabee, but I don't think he'll break into the top 3. If he's still in when we get to vote, I'm voting for him.

Not crazy about McCain, although I think he'd be good on the way (not on info from terrorists, but blowing their heads off). Romney I like, but would prefer a Christian. Thompson hasn't shown much - at least not yet. Gulliani I think would make a good pres., appoint good judges, be good on the way - and could beat Hillary (if the Christian idealists wouldn't sit out the election because they couldn't vote for him.)

I'm really scared of Hillary - and Obama's not any better, just not as smart or evil. And John Edwards is a joke.

Love you bunches, MOM

I sent some articles about abortion and Immigration - which she didn't respond. The last one was this email.

Hey Mom,

I guess that is where we differ. I am more concerned with our national sovereignty.

Right now we are being overrun with Illegal's that are a burden on our social services. Mike is very much pro-amnesty.
Our national debt is owned in a large part by the Chinese who have already threatened to recall it.
There is a highway being built right now to speed access from Mexico to the US. Vicente Fox (former Mexican President) has stated the desire for a North American union, like the European Union, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHxffWMgZsM&feature=related) with one currency.
The dollar is hitting all time lows to foreign currency. (You don't hear any other candidate besides Dr. Paul discussing how to fix this)
Personal liberties are stripped by legislation passed within the past several years. This is fine when someone that agrees with you is in office.. Lets say you sign up for a newsletter against abortion and after that there is another abortion clinic bombing. If abortion bombers are a designated terrorist group by Pres. Clinton and all of these programs that we are heralding today WILL be turned against our own citizens and you might be on the list.
Eminent Domain for private benefit - where is President Bush's outcry?
Treaty of the sea that our President is supporting that gives power to a foreign court over our citizens.
"They that can give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety."
--Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

"There are more instances of the abridgment of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations."
-- James Madison, speech to the Virginia Ratifying Convention, June 16, 1788

I highly recommend these quotes on Walter Williams' website to see how far our government has strayed from our founding fathers vision. (He fills in for Rush Limbaugh every now and then)
http://www.gmu.edu/departments/economics/wew/quotes.html
Here is a good article on Presidential abuses by Dr. Williams
http://www.gmu.edu/departments/economics/wew/articles/05/sheeple.html
I recommend reading many of his columns when you get a chance.
http://www.gmu.edu/departments/economics/wew/articles.html

For every one of Ron Paul's stances I can point to the Constitution of the United States to back them up. Dr. Paul agreed to go to war in Afghanistan to go after Bin Laden because they attacked us. He is very strong minded on National Security but realizes that we need to bring the troops home and protect our borders more vigorously. The debt that we are accruing is going to cripple our country and I don't think we are really getting any benefit out of the war in Iraq. Civil war will break out in Iraq as soon as we leave, or Turkey and Iran will invade. It doesn't matter if it happens next year or 10 years from now. But why continue to have american soldiers sacrifice for this cause. Terrorist are already in Pakistan, Syria, Saudia Arabia (where many of the hijackers on 9/11 were from), The Philippines, and many, many more countries. We cannot send our troops into all these countries. Our resources will not allow it long term and they will just move to another country if we tried. But if we do invade them are we just going to open bases in those countries as well. We have bases in 130 countries right now, Why?

If we are attacked we should unleash the fury that is our excellent and well trained armed forces, but invading countries that we think might be a threat to us is irresponsible. I believe China and Russia are a much greater threat to us than Iraq would have ever been. (Do some research on what Putin has been doing lately)

There is a reason that Ron Paul is leading in donations from military personnel. They have been stretched too thin and how we are forcing the soldiers to sacrifice is wrong. I am not belittling our brave soldiers, they are the best in the world and I thank them for their service whenever I can.

The Iraq war was based on UN violations, the US should not have gone in without a Declaration of War from Congress. You might not agree but Article 1, Section 8:
(The Congress shall have the power)To declare war, grant letters of marquee and reprisal, and make rules concerning captures on land and water;
http://www.law.cornell.edu/constitution/constitution.articlei.html#section8

The president has no such power.

We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty and the pursuit of Happiness. — That to secure these rights, Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed, — That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government,

I feel that it is our duty to alter our government from it's current state. In fact, if you believe in the founding fathers, I believe that it is our responsibility as Christians endowed by our Creator to protect this country from those that work to abolish Liberty.

"Remember democracy never lasts long. It soon wastes, exhausts, and murders itself. There never was a democracy yet that did not commit suicide."
-- John Adams, letter to John Taylor, April 15, 1814

We get a lot of lip service from politicians these days about protecting our rights. Some of the things that have happened under the current administration, from a constitutional stand point, are adhorent. I know for a fact that Dr. Paul will do everything within his power to protect our constitutional rights, his record is proof.

Watch this video about Ronald Reagan and the Congressional Medal.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xYjJ60mPOTk

We can hinder terrorism. Ron Paul is a strict Constitutionalist. In that regard he believes that it is essential that the Federal Government protects its citizens from all threats, including terrorist. He just happens to believe that the war in Iraq is not meeting nor will ever meet that goal, I agree with him. Terrorist are patient.

Love ya,

No response so I waited about 3 weeks and sent this (I knew my mom would be one of those people that would flock to Huckabee so I started to out his real stances):

I hope you are listening to Rush today. He is getting on Huckabee for the non-conservative that he is. Below are some articles that I put together:

"Conservative" Huckabee

Mike's tax increases in Arkansas.

HUCKABEE: “Did we raise taxes on fuel? Yes. But 80% of the people voted on it because it was on the ballot” (“Meet The Press,” 01/28/07).
TRUTH: Governor Huckabee signed a gas and diesel fuel tax increase that was not contingent on voter approval. A second bill, which raised $475 million dollar in bonds, did require voter approval. Governor Huckabee shouldn’t falsely blame the voters for his tax increase.

HUCKABEE: “We were under a Supreme Court order to raise revenue for our schools” (“Meet the Press,” 01/2/07).
TRUTH: The Arkansas Supreme Court required the Legislature to devote more funds to education, but the Legislature had the option of cutting spending on other programs. It was not forced to raise taxes. When the Legislature raised sales taxes by 17%, Huckabee did not sign the bill, but he did not veto or fight the tax increase either. He also opposed repeal of the sales tax on groceries and medicine in 2002 and proposed a sales tax increase of his own shortly thereafter.

HUCKABEE: “I have always been staunchly opposed to any tax on Internet access. I am adamantly opposed, always have been. For them to say anything otherwise is an outright lie” (National Review, 09/10/07).
TRUTH: In February of 2004, Huckabee joined with two other Democratic governors in urging Congress to reject a bill that would make the Internet access tax moratorium permanent and embrace a temporary two-year extension of the ban instead.

HUCKABEE: “I've earned my stripes in government. I've run something. I've made tough decisions. I've balanced budgets” (Human Events, 06/18/07).
TRUTH: Balancing the Arkansas state budget is not a demonstration of Huckabee’s alleged fiscal responsibility but a function of Arkansas law that requires governors to produce a balanced budget each year. In fact, every Arkansas governor over the past fifty years has balanced the budget, from Orval Faubus, to Bill Clinton, to Mike Huckabee.
“If Governor Huckabee thinks he can wave away his tax-and-spend record with clever nicknames and half-baked stories, he has another thing coming,” Mr. Toomey added. “Make no mistake: Governor Huckabee is no economic conservative and—here’s a little bit of advice—making fun of the Club for Growth won’t actually make him one.”

How about working to get a convicted Rapist paroled.... Only for him to kill the victim the next time.

“For Governor Huckabee to say that he had no influence with the board is something that he knows to be untrue. He came before the board and made his views known that [Dumond] should have been paroled ... “

Suttlar noted that just prior to Huckabee’s appearance before the board the board had voted 4-1 against Dumond’s parole. After Huckabee’s board appearance, her colleagues largely reversed themselves, voting 4-1 for Dumond’s release.
http://www.arktimes.com/Articles/ArticleViewer.aspx?ArticleID=154e1aad-fd18-4efd-8d80-b5dab8559419

How about his ridiculously high clemency rate.

Governors seldom reduce sentences in other states – and almost never for murderers serving life without parole or for rapists or for habitual drunk drivers, while in Arkansas it's a regular habit with Huckabee.
___ Other governors use their clemency power only rarely, while Huckabee has made it routine. As we've told you before, he has issued more than 700 pardons and commutations during his eight years in office – more than 137 this year alone – and more than his three predecessors combined.
___ Here are the figures for neighboring states since 1996, when Huckabee took office (and keep in mind the population of these states is nearly 20 times ours):
___ >> Louisiana – 213.
___ >> Mississippi – 24.
___ >> Missouri – 79.
___ >> Oklahoma – 178.
___ >> Tennessee – 32.
___ >> Texas – 98 (in-cludes 36 inmates released because they were convicted on drug charges with planted evidence).
___ Total: 624 vs. Huckabee's 703.
___ Governors in neighboring states almost never grant killers clemency, while Huckabee has commuted the sentences of a dozen murderers.
http://www.arkansasleader.com/frontstories/st_08_11_04/huckabee8.html

Huckabee panders to the religious right for votes. Do a lot of research on what the people of Arkansas think of Mike, I wish people would have done this with Clinton's record in Arkansas. Other than pro 2nd Amend and pro-life... HE IS A LIBERAL. Lets not also forget that he is PRO-AMNESTY. I can provide 50 links for this if you would like.

There is talk and then there are actions.

She responded:

Did you actually hear Rush saying that Huckabee isn't a conservative? He sure supports him on his website, even has links to his campaign.

You do know that Ron Paul is a libertatian, not a conservative.

I listened to a guy on Pensacola Speaks (WCOA afternoon show) who was in the National Guard in Arkansas. Said he was there under Bill Clinton and then Huckabee, who ascended to office when Clinton won the White House and the Leutenant Governor got in trouble. Only after that did he run for Governor.

Anyway, he said Huckabee inherited a mess and that he was a really good governor.

I know you are reading a lot of Ron Paul stuff and that's ok. Just be careful that you check the facts from some other places. Oh - and Arkansas's newspapers (as are a lot of others in the south) are full of folks that would love to have Hillary for President.

Love you bunches, Mom

My response LATE last night was this:

Mom,

The two articles I cited from Arkansas newspapers were from 2005 and 2004 respectively, well before Huckabee was a candidate.

From Rush's website (http://www.rushlimbaugh.com/home/daily/site_112907/content/01125111.guest.html)

RUSH: We cut it off there, but that got a huge applause line from the audience. In addition to "God's children," Huckabee talked about this. Huckabee talked about this, because in Arkansas, he had some illegal immigration proposals for children that would let 'em go to school, paid for by the taxpayers and so forth, and he said, "Look, we're a compassionate people. These are children. We can't punish them for the crimes of their parents. Their parents are the ones that came here illegally." I was sitting there saying, "I got an answer to this, Governor Huckabee. If you're not going to punish the kids, if you're going to going ahead and pay for their education, you're just providing an incentive for more parents to come across the border and give birth." At some point, this has to stop! McCain's right. We've got a couple or three phases of this problem. But the first phase that's got to happen is: Secure the border and stop the flood of illegals coming in. As long as there are incentives on this side of the border to come in -- and it's a big incentive to have your kid born here when you're illegal -- get all this aid and so forth to go to school and so forth, it's an incentive for them to come. Does that sound cruel and cold-hearted, Mr. Snerdley? (interruption) Mmm-hmm. Mmm-hmm. Mmm-hmm. Well... (interruption) Well... (interruption) Well, I'm not talking about smears right now, I'm just talking about Huckabee's answer to the illegal alien question.

I don't have the rest of the transcript but he did say more in a different segment. (No 24/7 access) Here are 4 independent articles about Huckabee and his liberal leanings.

FactCheck.org (http://www.factcheck.org/elections-2008/huckabees_fiscal_record.html)

The former Arkansas governor is fond of saying – in debates, on his Web site and in that Nov. 18 Fox News interview – that he cut taxes "almost 94 times in my state." (On his site, he rounds up to "nearly 100 times," adding that he saved "the people of Arkansas almost $380 million.")

That turns out to be far from the whole story. The Arkansas Department of Finance and Administration found that 90 tax cuts were enacted in legislative sessions from 1997 through 2005, while Huckabee was governor, and those cuts reduced tax revenues by $378 million. But Huckabee fails to mention the 21 tax increases that occurred under his watch and that raised revenues by substantially more. The total net tax increase under Huckabee's tenure was an estimated $505.1 million, says the Department of Finance and Administration's Whitney McLaughlin, adding that the figure has been adjusted for inflation.

The Arkansas Democrat-Gazette combed through a list of those 90 tax cuts, finding that a number of them pertained to very specific taxes and relatively small amounts. (We asked the Huckabee campaign for its tax tally, but we didn't get a response.) The newspaper does give Huckabee credit for spearheading "one of the largest tax cuts in Arkansas history," an income-tax cut that amounted to $90.6 million in one year alone.

Cato Institute (http://www.cato.org/pubs/pas/pa581.pdf) On Huckabee's job as governor published in 2006.

Final-Term Grade: F
Final Overall Grade: D
Thanks to a final term grade of F, Huckabee earns an overall grade of D for his entire governorship. Like many Republicans, his grades dropped the longer he stayed in office. In his first few years, he fought hard for a sweeping $70 million tax cut package that was the first broad-based tax cut in the state in more than 20 years. He even signed a bill to cut the state’s 6 percent capital gains tax—a significant pro-growth accomplishment. But nine days after being reelected in 2002, he proposed a sales tax increase to cover a budget deficit caused partly by large spending increases that he proposed and approved, including an expansion in Medicare eligibility that Huckabee made a centerpiece of his 1997 agenda. He agreed to a 3 percent income tax “surcharge” and a 25-cent cigarette tax increase. In response to a court order to increase spending on education, Huckabee proposed another sales tax increase. Huckabee wants to run for the GOP presidential nomination next year. He’s already been hailed as a viable big-government conservative candidate by some. That seems about right: Huckabee’s leadership has left taxpayers in Arkansas much worse off.

Editorial in the National Review (http://article.nationalreview.com/?q=NmI2ZWZmYTEyMTZhMGI3NTM2ZDRhZTNiMzk2YzU5ZDQ=#mo re)

Unfortunately, what Huckabee offers by way of solutions is a mixture of populism and big-government liberalism; the common theme of his policies is that they are half-baked. If an ill-considered slogan can be used to justify a policy, he is for it. He is a protectionist, because we need to have “fair trade.” He wants to put illegal immigrants on a path to citizenship, because we need them “to do jobs that are going unfilled because nobody here wants to do them.” Energy subsidies and farm subsidies must be increased, because they’re a matter of “national security.”

The Club for Growth (http://www.clubforgrowth.org/2007/01/a_report_on_mike_huckabees_fis.php)

"Governor Huckabee says he is a fiscal conservative," Club for Growth President Pat Toomey said, "but his ten-year economic-policy record as the governor of Arkansas is mixed, at best. His history includes numerous tax hikes, ballooning government spending, and increased regulation. To be sure, Governor Huckabee's record displays an occasional deference to a pro-growth philosophy, but that is only a small slice of a much bigger picture. The Club for Growth feels citizens deserve a full picture of where Governor Huckabee stands on the critical economic issues of the day."

Huckabee has mastered saying one thing and doing another. Please read these articles, I assure you they aren't liberal rags, do your own research on Huckabee. I can give you MANY more articles if you would like. HE IS NOT A CONSERVATIVE. Don't listen to what he says look at the actual facts of what he did in office.

On to Ron Paul being a libertarian. Yep he is and so am I.

lib·er·tar·i·an /ˌlɪbərˈtɛəriən/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[lib-er-tair-ee-uhn] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. a person who advocates liberty, esp. with regard to thought or conduct.
2. a person who maintains the doctrine of free will (distinguished from necessitarian).
–adjective 3. advocating liberty or conforming to principles of liberty.
4. maintaining the doctrine of free will.

I don't think that is such a bad thing. I think many of our founding fathers were libertarian, I would even say that I think that God would have libertarian views (free will; I can explain this deeper if you wish)

Ron Paul is a paleoconservative:

pa·le·o·con·serv·a·tive /ˌpeɪlioʊkənˈsɜrvətɪv or, especially Brit., ˈpælioʊ-/ Pronunciation Key - Show Spelled Pronunciation[pey-lee-oh-kuhn-sur-vuh-tiv or, especially Brit., pal-ee-oh-] Pronunciation Key - Show IPA Pronunciation

–noun 1. a person advocating an older, traditional type of conservatism, esp. in politics.
–adjective 2. noting or pertaining to such people or their views.

Look up Giuliani's record on gun control in New York, look up Bush's prescription drug program, look up Huckabee's stances on Immigration. These people are not true conservatives. Ron Paul is a libertarian and a conservative. These two groups are not mutually exclusive. He is also a Republican having been elected as such for 10 terms.

Look at Ron Pauls stances on Wikipedia (online encyclopedia)

Paul is a conservative, a Constitutionalist, and a libertarian.[2] He advocates non-interventionist foreign policy, having voted against actions such as the Iraq War Resolution, but in favor of force against terrorists in Afghanistan. He favors withdrawal from the North Atlantic Treaty Organization (NATO) and the United Nations (UN); supports free trade, while rejecting NAFTA as "managed trade"; and opposes birthright citizenship and amnesty for illegal immigrants. Having pledged never to raise taxes, he has long advocated ending the federal income tax and reducing government spending by abolishing most federal agencies; he favors hard money and opposes the Federal Reserve. He also opposes the Patriot Act, and gun control. Paul is strongly pro-life, advocates overturning Roe v. Wade, and affirms states' rights to determine the legality of abortion.[3]
The difference between Ron Paul and Huckabee is that Dr. Paul has a voting record that backs it up. He will not flip once in office to a social agenda like Bush did. We are being lied to by our politicians. They say conservative things until the campaign is over.

I will be glad to debate individual stances of Ron Paul's (with cites and facts), I have changed my views on many issues within the last 4 months. We are loosing our national sovereignty right from under us. We are being sold down the river (Chinese Debt). I can go into great detail, and I will, if you want to hear it. I have done HOURS of research on this.

Thanks for listening,

I haven't heard anything from her today. I sent her the Chuck Baldwin article. I don't know I'm kind of frustrated. I cite facts and her defense is "well some random caller said he was a good governor".

I don't know if anyone cares. She has about 200 friends and she is very outgoing. I know if she was converted she would constantly promote Dr. Paul to many people.

Jason T
11-30-2007, 05:58 PM
No offense but your mom sounds like the time of person who thinks her conservative talk shows are scripture. I saw multiple references to neo-con rhetoric. I would deem it a lost cause.

But you could tell her...

1) The war will not end tomorrow if Ron Paul wins. If he wins, it will still last ~2 more years, since it will take a year to get him in office, and it logistically would take a year to get all our contractors/military out of Iraq.

2) Cite something about how Ron Paul deems Roe v Wade unconstitutional, and wants to turn the issue over to the states.

3) Point out how all the front runners have about equal chances of beating Hillary, but Ron Paul is the only person who will take anti-war people (70% of the country) away from Hillary. Ron Paul stances a better chance at beating Hillary in a general election than the current front runners.

weagle
11-30-2007, 07:24 PM
Thanks for your reply. You might be right...

I hope she sees the light eventually.

sickmint79
11-30-2007, 09:19 PM
"You do know that Ron Paul is a libertatian, not a conservative."

what does your mom think libertarians are?? seem more conservative than most republicans to me. give her that reagan quote about libertarianism being the heart of conservatism.

cut and run, this war has no end and we can't afford it. iraq had no al qaeda and now our presence is being used for recruiting. how is that making us safer? how do we afford this war? we borrow billions and billions from china, still don't have enough money so through inflation/printing money the fed gives us some more.

rudy is unlikeable, and despite that hillary is, the democrats have a much larger base and 70% of the country is against the war. how does that give rudy a chance of winning?

paul on the other hand has droves of independents and democrats switching to republican to vote in the primaries. he is pulling in many disenfranchised voters and first time donors. he is unquestionably the most popular candidate on the internet and has unparalleled grassroots support - despite such poor treatment from mainstream media. ron paul would absolutely dismantle hillary in a debate and easily win the presidency, as he echoes the words of so many great americans before us whom we were taught were what made this country great.

boberino
12-01-2007, 10:17 AM
I don't condone saying this because it would probably make her disown you, but this quote immediately came to mind when I saw that you said your mom is religious and thinks the war is a good thing.

"You can safely assume that you've created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do." - Anne Lamott

But in all seriousness you should have started differently by asking for all of her opinions and views before innundating(sp?) her with all this information. If you did, totally disregard everything I'm saying.

DO NOT assume to know what your parents really think. You won't be able to effectively explain your position on things without understanding your audience. I "turned" my mom with little to no effort because I was willing to listen to her first. Showing that you care what they think is more important to your parents, usually, than showing them that you are well-informed.

Goldwater Conservative
12-01-2007, 12:40 PM
Your mom asks you to do your homework on Paul, yet she obviously hasn't done any on any of the candidates. All she's doing is repeating what the national GOP leadership and corporate media have been presenting to her as truth.

You've already pointed out that Paul is actually the most conservative candidate in this race, and that Huckabee is actually very liberal aside from abortion and gun control. Have you mentioned Giuliani's positions on the same issues, plus how he's marched in gay pride parades, dressed in women's clothing, fought to keep New York a sanctuary city for illegal immigrants, and has been severely criticized by FDNY Deputy Chief Jim Riches and other firefighters for his failure to be a good leader on 9/11?

And I don't see how any good Christian can support a foreign policy of preemption or nation-building. Even if the Islamic terrorists we face are somehow more powerful than the Soviet Union (which they aren't), even if our policies of aggressive interventionism haven't actually contributed to growth in their numbers (which they have), Jesus still said "turn the other cheek".

hopeforthefuture
12-01-2007, 04:06 PM
Weagle,
I am a Christian, and I am up against the same thing with my friends as you are with your mother. They just DON'T DO THEIR HOMEWORK! If people would just look for themselves, they would see that Ron Paul is the most conservative. A good website to point Christians to is www.chuckbaldwinlive.com He is a pastor who is aware of the real problems facing this country. He has written several things in support of Ron Paul as well as the dangers of Mike Huckabee, who we all know is pandering for the Christian vote.
Hope that helps!

bunklocoempire
12-02-2007, 04:39 AM
My mom is religious but thinks the war is a good idea to stop radical muslims from killing our babies in our sleep.

Hey weagle, if your mom is hung up on the radical muslim thing you might want to give an analogy closer to her "neighborhood". This helps myself understand the whole pre-emptive war crap.

I know that my nextdoor neighbor is a criminal (true story), yet as a Christian I can't very well take him and his whole family down (though sometimes I'd like to);). I can however still, (thank the Lord) arm myself and be able to the best of my ability protect my family. (2nd ammendment or whats left of it in my state)

Ron Paul as you well may know put forth soon after 9/11 the bill to "surgically" take down the bad guys .http://www.ronpaul2008.com/articles/112/effective-and-practical-counter-terrorism-measures/ specifically the Letters of marque and reprisal.

On a "neighborhood" level this would be my county police specifically going after the perpatrator of a crime, not his whole family or the whole neighborhood.

Makes sense to me, keep trying with her, it's really cool when your mom comes around! I know, my mom came around!

Bunkloco

KDT1961
12-02-2007, 10:49 AM
Just an observation after your reading your posts. You are passionate and articulate about your points, but it is overkill, based on your mother's responses. Your arguments are sound, but are so detailed that I wonder if she even reads them.

I'd ask your mother if she reads the bible for herself, or if she prefers that someone else read it for her and tell her what it means.

Many people think that the Main Stream Media, especially conservative talk radio, all tell the truth, since they all say the same thing. The reason they all say the same thing, is that they work for the same people. American media is FOR profit, not for truth.

In 1985, there were 50 corporations that controlled most of the media outlets in America. Today, there are 5.

http://www.corporations.org/media/
http://www.mediachannel.org/ownership/chart.shtml
http://www.nowfoundation.org/issues/communications/tv/mediacontrol.html

The big ten in the world.
http://www.thenation.com/special/bigten.html

The media lies.

A comparison between the 2 Pauls: The Apostle and the Doctor.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig8/landingham2.html

AtomiC
12-02-2007, 04:54 PM
Tell her to actually read up on Dr. Paul and the other candidates herself and not to be brainwashed by the MSM.

angrydragon
12-02-2007, 05:54 PM
http://youtube.com/watch?v=ol_xH0IODRA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_hCKZmkF0VU
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yj_okz7ZwI
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7HxOJPj59-g
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=847J99MkUdk