PDA

View Full Version : Huckabee Fair Tax being discussed on CNN

frankdogg
11-30-2007, 04:57 PM
Discussion is going on CNN Live (Internet) about Huckabee and the fair tax/flat tax. Thought you all might want to hear what they were saying..

Ron should have made it part of his 3!Of course MSM would have just ignored it or called him a mad man..

frankdogg
11-30-2007, 05:02 PM
Discussion just finished..

They just mentioned Ron Paul along with the other Republicans who support elimination of income tax by fair, flat, or some other form... none. :) They mainly spent time discussing why it would/wouldn't work and the basics of it.

Thought there would be more to it, sorry to post with it not being more about Paul.

reaver
11-30-2007, 05:07 PM
thats cool. you saved me from watching CNN and thats a plus. Did they say something like- when you get rid of the IRS and implement the fair tax you have to create a sales tax department or something of the sort thats just another expensive behemoth.

bbachtung
11-30-2007, 05:14 PM
When Huckabee answered the question, he was being an idiot. They asked for three programs / departments that you would get rid of to CUT THE FEDERAL DEFICIT. Huckabee only said the IRS. How does that CUT THE FEDERAL DEFICIT?

That is the same as the following scenario. You are terribly in debt and are seeing a financial adviser who asks, "What are the three things that you can cut out of your monthly spending to decrease your monthly expenses?" You and Huckabee answer, "I'll quit my job."

Fyretrohl
11-30-2007, 05:45 PM
Guys, RP has said he would vote for the Fair Tax if it came up, because, it would do more to move in the direction he wants. He sees it as a right step. Not the solution, just a step in the path.

reaver
11-30-2007, 06:40 PM
When Huckabee answered the question, he was being an idiot. They asked for three programs / departments that you would get rid of to CUT THE FEDERAL DEFICIT. Huckabee only said the IRS. How does that CUT THE FEDERAL DEFICIT?

Good point. MSM didn't ask questions there.

constitutional
11-30-2007, 09:27 PM
Don't watch anything to do with Huckabee. We want to let them know RP viewers are the ones behind their ratings.

jarmoore
11-30-2007, 10:15 PM
Huckabee: "I want to eliminate the IRS."
MSM: "WOOHOO damn that is a great idea!"

Paul: "I want to eliminate the IRS."
MSM: "You are certifiably insane."

RickNHouston
11-30-2007, 10:25 PM
I have 4 adult males willing and ready to go to New Hampshire the first week of January to block walk, sign wave, door knock or whatever else is needed. Two are married and two single with significant others ranging from mid 30's to mid 50's. All clean and sober family types. We can pay our own transportation costs but will need a place to stay. Any body have any spare room. Might be too late for this but I have always heard that colors of the trees in New England are a sight to behold at least once in a mans lifettime. Plus we don't get too much snow down here in Houston either so that might add some excitement to it as well.

Rick W.

Ethek
11-30-2007, 11:27 PM
I have 4 adult males willing and ready to go to New Hampshire the first week of January to block walk, sign wave, door knock or whatever else is needed. Two are married and two single with significant others ranging from mid 30's to mid 50's. All clean and sober family types. We can pay our own transportation costs but will need a place to stay. Any body have any spare room. Might be too late for this but I have always heard that colors of the trees in New England are a sight to behold at least once in a mans lifettime. Plus we don't get too much snow down here in Houston either so that might add some excitement to it as well.

Rick W.

Dunno about the room, but I am pretty sure the leaves fell in New England a good month ago. Must be a fair bit warmer in TX

Battlecruiser
11-30-2007, 11:56 PM
Don't watch anything to do with Huckabee. We want to let them know RP viewers are the ones behind their ratings.

Unless you have a nielsen media box, watching or not watching a show has no impact at all on its ratings.

That said, screw CNN. I'm putting them in the category of "news" along with Fox News and tabloids.

literatim
12-01-2007, 12:47 AM
Unless you have a nielsen media box, watching or not watching a show has no impact at all on its ratings.

That said, screw CNN. I'm putting them in the category of "news" along with Fox News and tabloids.

This is the age of digital cable, everything you watch is monitored.

ksu_s13
12-01-2007, 01:01 AM
The fair tax is a scam. IMO, if something like it ever passes you can be assured that they'll try to include a national ID card with it.

MarcS
12-01-2007, 01:02 AM
Guys, RP has said he would vote for the Fair Tax if it came up, because, it would do more to move in the direction he wants. He sees it as a right step. Not the solution, just a step in the path.

well, it sure is a good way to fuck over the boomers. They got taxed and taxed and taxed saving up for retirement, then their savings got destroyed via inflation, now we want to tax and tax and tax them when they spend it in retirement? A consumption tax is most certainly NOT a step in the right direction.

bomybomy
12-01-2007, 01:23 AM
Paul actually doesn't like it because he believes there will be a back door left open so they can still exact income tax while being able to add a federal sales tax.

Listen to his interview on www.financialsense.com

This is exactly what they did with Social Security....do a google search. it was MUCH less intrusive (and voluntary) when it was first introduced.

Malakai0
12-01-2007, 06:46 AM

I don't think so.

Moneychanger
12-01-2007, 10:04 PM
well, it sure is a good way to fuck over the boomers. They got taxed and taxed and taxed saving up for retirement, then their savings got destroyed via inflation, now we want to tax and tax and tax them when they spend it in retirement? A consumption tax is most certainly NOT a step in the right direction.

Of course it is, especially compared to the vile income tax code. A consumption or sales tax will generate revenue in a level, non-intervening way. No more bickering about multi-level rates, underground/illegal employment, single vs. married penalty, etc. It also would make people of all income levels to make a more sound judgement in what they really wanted taxed, since even the poor would have to pay in proportion to what they spend. It would virtually be an end to the redistributionist scam that we have now.

MrCoffee
12-01-2007, 10:19 PM
Of course it is, especially compared to the vile income tax code. A consumption or sales tax will generate revenue in a level, non-intervening way. No more bickering about multi-level rates, underground/illegal employment, single vs. married penalty, etc. It also would make people of all income levels to make a more sound judgement in what they really wanted taxed, since even the poor would have to pay in proportion to what they spend. It would virtually be an end to the redistributionist scam that we have now.

I would not so much be against a national sales tax as long as necessaries weren't taxed as much as luxury items. A 26% tax is going to hurt someone more if it's on housing than it is on their new Mercedes S class.

And yes, I think luxury goods should be taxed more. Why? We should all know that people with higher incomes tend to have more influence on the government than people with less money. Some of this may be apathy, but some of it is definitely because money buys influence. Taxing necessary goods at the same rate as luxury goods would be taxing people with less representation the same as people with more representation.

And no, I do not believe in tax refund vouchers and whatnot, as this identifies people of being within a specific socio-economic class and would only worsen "class tension". It also leaves the door open for promoting "baby making"(for tax purposes) which I am also against.

Searching 4 the sound
12-02-2007, 07:09 PM
thats cool. you saved me from watching CNN and thats a plus. Did they say something like- when you get rid of the IRS and implement the fair tax you have to create a sales tax department or something of the sort thats just another expensive behemoth.

Not to mention it would require a Constitutional Amendment to implement.

tabish
12-03-2007, 07:35 PM

Rick W.

You might want to Go to the operation live free or die hard website setup by Vijay. He'll take care of your staying expenses. Good Luck. Here's the site.
http://www.operationlivefreeordie.com/ We have 405 Volunteers so far.

MikeK
12-03-2007, 07:44 PM
It was 70 degrees here in San Antonio today :)