PDA

View Full Version : New angle: Ron can beat Hillary

Jason T
11-30-2007, 04:49 PM
Which I believe he can.

Politics in this country hasn't come down to voting for "The lesser of two evils" so much as it has come down to "I want to support the person who can beat the person I hate."

In a general election, Ron Paul would:
1) Attract anti-war people away from Hillary, which the other candidates can't do.
2) Attract right wingers of all sorts because they simply want to see Hillary lose.

I'm just throwing the idea out there - I'm sure it could bring some supporters on board who weren't interested before.

azminuteman
11-30-2007, 04:50 PM
The thing Hillary gives is entitlements.
That is where she will get her votes from.

Patrick_Henry
11-30-2007, 10:38 PM
The thing Hillary gives is entitlements.
That is where she will get her votes from.

If they have a debate just between Ron Paul and Hillary Clinton, he will blow her out of the water on entitlements.

Also, he could so easily compare their voting records in regards to other issues:

Patriot Act
Military Commissions Act
Iraq War
Funding

Jason T
12-03-2007, 11:57 PM
If they have a debate just between Ron Paul and Hillary Clinton, he will blow her out of the water on entitlements.

Also, he could so easily compare their voting records in regards to other issues:

Patriot Act
Military Commissions Act
Iraq War
Funding

It would be funny to see Hillary and Ron debate. Hillary bases her debate on Bush-hate, but that angle would backfire when debating Ron.

I also think her voting record would only matter during debates w/ Ron. If she debated any other republican, they wouldn't scrutinize her voting record since it is stuff they agree on.

But hey, the polls say McCain is the man to beat Hillary. If the 65 yr olds that answer Gallup polls say it, it must be true. After all, they watch up to 20 minutes of MSM news a day.

Lucid American
12-04-2007, 09:48 AM
Paul would eat her alive in a debate.

I personally think Paul's the only Republican candidate who stands a chance against her.