PDA

View Full Version : The goal released is a perfect example of the failures of central planning.

literatim
11-30-2007, 04:19 PM
We had a whole 2,000 signatures. Absolutely nothing showed signs that this money bomb day was popular enough that we could raise over $2 million. Yet, Trevor released such a goal to the media and I don't remember it ever being discussed among the people. I personally think reaching the total Guiliani made last quarter would have been a much better target than reaching the campaign's requested $12 million.

me3
11-30-2007, 04:24 PM
We had a whole 2,000 signatures. Absolutely nothing showed signs that this money bomb day was popular enough that we could raise over $2 million. Yet, Trevor released such a goal to the media and I don't remember it ever being discussed among the people. I personally think reaching the total Guiliani made last quarter would have been a much better target than reaching the campaign's requested $12 million.
How much did you give today?

Trevor was shooting for $10 million on 11/5, and it wasn't a big deal.

The only thing that has been a failure about today, is the # of people who stubbornly refused to support it, and wasted an enormous amount of folks time by at times, working to undermine it.

Eric23
11-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Who cares about Trevor. Either way $350,000 is superb!

literatim
11-30-2007, 04:27 PM

The only thing that has been a failure about today, is the # of people who stubbornly refused to support it, and wasted an enormous amount of folks time by at times, working to undermine it.

None. I was against November 30th from the start. The press was not watching November 5th. They are watching November 30th specifically because Trevor contacted them and gave them an impossible goal.

jrich4rpaul
11-30-2007, 04:28 PM

+1

steph3n
11-30-2007, 04:29 PM
None. I was against November 30th from the start. The press was not watching November 5th. They are watching November 30th specifically because Trevor contacted them and gave them an impossible goal.

wrong, they contacted Trevor!

it is at least 300k that wasn't there before, get over it :)

literatim
11-30-2007, 04:30 PM
wrong, they contacted Trevor!

it is at least 300k that wasn't there before, get over it :)

He still didn't have to give a ridiculous goal to reach.

Rhys
11-30-2007, 04:31 PM
I'm sick of the press.

We can buy more ad space then they can print copy anyway.

me3
11-30-2007, 04:32 PM
None. I was against November 30th from the start.
And yet here you are, in the Nov 30th forum, pissing on the parade again, during the money bomb.

Surprise, surprise. :rolleyes:

Hopefully you get some rest this weekend, and get over your case of the "I told you so's"

davidt!
11-30-2007, 04:34 PM
You people are unreal. Trevor has done more for this campaign than anyone could have ever imagined. It is amaing what he and all of us have accomplished together. Trevor is out there doing everything he can for this campaign. You should be ashamed of the word "failure" even coming out of you'r mouth. Who would have ever thought we would be over 10 Million dollars at this stage of the game. We are winning! And when Dec. 16th rolls around everyone will know it!

honkywill
11-30-2007, 04:35 PM
We are going to hit 400,000 we only had 2,000 something pledges.

This makes me confident about how well we will do on the 16th.

We could very well break 20,000,000 this quarter. Everyone calm down, and go do something productive.

Rhys
11-30-2007, 04:35 PM
You people are unreal. Trevor has done more for this campaign than anyone could have ever imagined. It is amaing what he and all of us have accomplished together. Trevor is out there doing everything he can for this campaign. You should be ashamed of the word "failure" even coming out of you'r mouth. Who would have ever thought we would be over 10 Million dollars at this stage of the game. We are winning! And when Dec. 16th rolls around everyone will know it!

I thought we'd look stupid when I saw the $12 Million to Win!

shepburn
11-30-2007, 04:36 PM
He still didn't have to give a ridiculous goal to reach.

what a whinner ...

literatim
11-30-2007, 04:38 PM

November 5th wasn't Trevor's idea.

steph3n
11-30-2007, 04:40 PM

yep all the doubters said WOW 12 million is so high will we ever get it!

yea right we will get it and SURPASS IT BY FAR!

RonPaulFTFW
11-30-2007, 04:42 PM
half a mil in such short notice ain't so bad.

dmshannon
11-30-2007, 04:42 PM
Everyone calm down, and go do something productive.

Exactly.

This is an important cause to all of us and any additional funding in the hands of this frugal campaign is useful. We should not go forward expecting to hit every artificial number thrown out for these money bombs.

The important part is that the Paul campaign is funded.

Steve4RP
11-30-2007, 04:43 PM
Money = Good. More money = Better. We are having a pretty good day/week, if we continue to fall short of every money bomb goal and still raise $15+ million for the quarter I will not complain. If we get a little extra press, then its an extra bonus...beating out every other Republican candidates total fund raising for 3Q in two months is pretty impressive!

Rhys
11-30-2007, 04:44 PM
Remember how at first the bar was stopped at like 2.3 million? I was nervous for Nov. 5 to work... we know how that went.

You win some, you lose some.

Today, we won some.... cash!

At least 1/24th of the way there in 1 day of which you get 90 in a quarter.

pickfair
11-30-2007, 04:48 PM
If we can reach $500,000 that's still pretty good for one day. Maybe the press will mention that but I still think it's good publicity. After the debate in Florida I noticed more papers picking up on Ron Paul - that's a good sign. And we still have the Tea Party and we're all backing that one.

tonyr1988
11-30-2007, 04:49 PM
How Grassroots Campaigning Should Work (IMO)

Someone brings up an idea (such as Nov. 30). You either support it or you don't:

You support it.
Donate money / time to it. Make a website for it. Do what you need to promote it and get it going.
You don't.
Don't donate to it. Don't promote it. If you think it is damaging, then voice your opinion in the appropriate location at the appropriate times.

I'm not accusing you of doing this, but we can't bring up the same "anti-Blimp," "anti-Nov30th," "anti-whatever" arguments constantly. Let your voice be heard, and let people make up their own minds. Don't try to force anyone to change, but make sure to let people know if you disagree with what their doing.

I just think that halfway through Nov. 30th is the wrong time to do it. At most:

1) Talk about how it's a bad idea while they were planning it, and
2) If it is a miserable failure, then mention (after it's done) that you were right.

Either way, don't nag about it all the time. Again, this isn't directed towards anyone in particular, just some overall attitudes about initiatives that people are taking.

me3
11-30-2007, 04:50 PM
Great post Tony. Thank you.

chatoka
11-30-2007, 04:52 PM

I agree, I thought he'd only hope to raise about 8 million. Just cool out people it's not a big deal! This was a short notice thing and I really never took it seriously at first anyway, but we've raised alot, between this, Nov 5, beating Huck on his money bomb day, the blimp and Tea Party 07 we've accomplished so much it's rediculous, just sit back and watch those numbers get bigger and bigger!:)

forsmant
the days not over yet. I just got home

steph3n
we are only 20k away from the 2nd biggest day this quarter :)

Edward
11-30-2007, 04:54 PM
the days not over yet. I just got homeIn other words, NOW we can get started!

bobmurph
11-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Thank you for your generous donation of $100.00!

Contribution received!

Thank you very much for your donation to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

You will receive an email shortly with a confirmation number.

I'm just glad the 30th is finally here. The bitching and whining about this has been absurd. The critics are a bunch of egotisical cry-babies. A really big day today would have helped raise more on the 16th, but the critics unwaivering campaign to undermine the 30th event prevented today from reaching its full potential...way go guys...you should be very proud of yourself!:rolleyes:

/sarcasm

Man from La Mancha
11-30-2007, 04:57 PM
How Grassroots Campaigning Should Work (IMO)

Someone brings up an idea (such as Nov. 30). You either support it or you don't:

You support it.
Donate money / time to it. Make a website for it. Do what you need to promote it and get it going.
You don't.
Don't donate to it. Don't promote it. If you think it is damaging, then voice your opinion in the appropriate location at the appropriate times.

I'm not accusing you of doing this, but we can't bring up the same "anti-Blimp," "anti-Nov30th," "anti-whatever" arguments constantly. Let your voice be heard, and let people make up their own minds. Don't try to force anyone to change, but make sure to let people know if you disagree with what their doing.

I just think that halfway through Nov. 30th is the wrong time to do it. At most:

1) Talk about how it's a bad idea while they were planning it, and
2) If it is a miserable failure, then mention (after it's done) that you were right.

Either way, don't nag about it all the time. Again, this isn't directed towards anyone in particular, just some overall attitudes about initiatives that people are taking.Can't be to hard on these people they are always sad. I think this fund raiser is doing fine except for the anal retentive guys that can't enjoy life without having a goal to reach and not meeting it. All they can see is failure. How sad they can never enjoy life but be disappointed. It just their nature and I wish they would just keep shut. But their enjoyment is to see every else is sad as them.:p

chatoka
11-30-2007, 05:01 PM
Nobody in the media is paying attention anyway. Everyone's watching this hostage situation at Hillary HQ.....

karen81
11-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Thank you for your generous donation of $100.00!

Contribution received!

Thank you very much for your donation to the Ron Paul 2008 Presidential Campaign.

Your donation will allow us to expand and grow our campaign.

We depend on donors like you to help us spread the message of freedom, peace and prosperity through Ron Paul’s candidacy.

You will receive an email shortly with a confirmation number.

me3
11-30-2007, 05:05 PM
Thanks Karen!

bbachtung
11-30-2007, 05:08 PM
we are only 20k away from the 2nd biggest day this quarter :)

Exactly what I was thinking. Except now we're only about $12,000 away.

Wyurm
11-30-2007, 05:11 PM
As said above, nobody cares about Paul's donations right now. All eyes are on Hillary's road flare bomber.

As has been said many, many times, we are NOT the campaign. We are the empowered grassroots and if something is a flop, it simply won't work. You can whine and moan about it all day long and it will never do a dime of good because if it works (like Nov. 5) the nay sayers are ignored and its a success anyway. If its a flop, then nothing happens, no support and no interest. Complaining is so pointless. To make things worse, if today had been a 2 mil day, it would have been drowned out by Hillary's issues.

Like it or leave it, we are empowered and if we don't start accepting that we won't have many more successes. I know some of you disagree, including the official campaign, but, the tea party is a clear success. I'm not going to tell you to donate, nor am I going to complain if you dont want to. If it works it will be HUGE and if it doesn't (though it will, esp if they fix the site) oh well.

me3
11-30-2007, 05:16 PM
As said above, nobody cares about Paul's donations right now. All eyes are on Hillary's road flare bomber.
That is why the campaign will hold a presser on Monday. Hillary's issues have no bearing on this money bomb right now. When it is finished, her stuff will have already been spread around.

We are the empowered grassroots and if something is a flop, it simply won't work.
Bigger than 11/11. The second biggest fund raising week of the quarter. The second largest fund raising day of the quarter. Passing $10 million. Passing Fred, Mitt and Rudy's 3Q totals.

Educating people about foreign policy and Rudy's demagoguing.

And a ton of blog posts, money, articles and attention.

Win, win, win. This is not a flop, just as 11/5 was not a flop for not reaching $10 million.

RockHoward
11-30-2007, 05:17 PM
Hmmm. Trevor predicted $10M and only got $4.3M. Hmmm. Trevor predicted $2.175M and only got $500K. Well I guess that blows Trevor's credibility out of the water. He can forget about that lucrative Washington consulting gig now. (JK Trev!)

What does this have to do with anything? Today's contributions are quite impressive. There are going to be well over twice the number of donors as pledgers -- probably over 5,000. And about 40% of them are new donors which shows solid expansion for the breadth of support. The campaign is rapidly closing in on 100,000 unique Q4 donors!

It's all good.

steph3n
11-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Exactly what I was thinking. Except now we're only about $12,000 away.

6.5k :)

tonyr1988
11-30-2007, 05:28 PM
Great post Tony. Thank you.

Thanks!

"Shoot for the moon. Even if you miss, you'll land upon the stars."

We may not hit the $12 million tonight (then again...the mini-bomb doesn't start for another 30 minutes), but it's still a huge success.

Lacrosseus
11-30-2007, 05:30 PM
Hmmm. Trevor predicted $10M and only got $4.3M. Hmmm. Trevor predicted $2.175M and only got $500K. Well I guess that blows Trevor's credibility out of the water. He can forget about that lucrative Washington consulting gig now. (JK Trev!)

What does this have to do with anything? Today's contributions are quite impressive. There are going to be well over twice the number of donors as pledgers -- probably over 5,000. And about 40% of them are new donors which shows solid expansion for the breadth of support. The campaign is rapidly closing in on 100,000 unique Q4 donors!

It's all good.

I believe Trevor, with the rest of us joining him, had a goal of $10M. Raising $4.3M only means we did not make the goal, it did not mean we failed. Every dollar raised is a dollar towards the ultimate goal -- and 4.3 million of them is a huge step.

We are all learing how to play this media game in real-time. That includes those like Trever who are way out in front and I am sure they will get better at it as time goes along. Lessons learned and millions raised at the same time are a win win for all of us.

fletcher
11-30-2007, 05:36 PM

Consulting job? For what, talking someone else's idea, making a website for it, and then claiming himself the king of moneybombs? LOL. These events are not the work of the person that made it up or the person that made the website. They are the work of the message of freedom and the people that support it. These events are not transferable to any other candidates running. If some candidate hires someone to create a moneybomb or any other grassroots project for them they are going to be sorely disappointed when it fails miserably.

JT1
11-30-2007, 05:42 PM
Being negative takes up so much useful energy. Instead of posting something negative you could've been somewhere else posting about TeaParty07.com if that is the only donation day you wanted to support.

There are still many states that need delegates so doing something in that area would be beneficial.

Besides, the night still has a few more hours. There could be some Ron Paul supporters just getting home from a busy day at the office....

1000 just getting home and could decide to plunk $1000 into the campaign :P

Cardinal Red
11-30-2007, 06:08 PM
I'm proud of everyone who helped-- but honestly,as I tried to argue on this board previously, we shouldn't have been shouting about $12 Million a few days before the event when it was obvious it wasn't in the cards. It turned what should be a complete and overwhelming positive (The fact that we are going to pass every other Republican's 3rd quarter fundraising in 2 months of q4) and turned it into a bit of the mixed message.

Next time lets focus on underpromising and overdelivering. In reality, our performance today is outstanding consdidering we had just 2300 pledges.

Eleanor
11-30-2007, 06:39 PM

I agree.

The focus by many seemed to be on a splashy party on Dec. 16th rather than getting RP elected.

And is there perhaps an element of "No one will tell ME what to do!!!"?

Fyretrohl
11-30-2007, 06:45 PM
Guys...An important thing to remember and watch...NEW Donors. This is the growth of the campaign. That should probably be the GREATER focus than the 'money'.

Wyurm
11-30-2007, 06:46 PM
You betcha.

IMHO, a splashy party on Dec. 16th seems more important to many than getting RP elected.

And is there perhaps an element of "No one will tell ME what to do!!!"?

You guys are free to keep this haughty attitude up, but the truth is that people will spend their money on what they feel is the best investment. Its alot like the stock market, why would you expect people to buy a crappy looking stock? However, people will happilly buy the stock that has all the makings of a success story.

That is why we work differently that what classical campaigners would expect. We do what we feel is best personally especially with our money. We don't follow the ones screaming "Obey!!!! or we will lose". Why would you buy a stock only because someone said you had to or the market would crash? That really doesn't sound like a good deal at all.

deesteel
11-30-2007, 06:48 PM
We beat all other republican candidates 3rd quarter fund raising, awesome job everyone!

Trevor is the man, and any press is good press, keep up the good work!

kmoon
11-30-2007, 06:59 PM
I'm new to these boards, and I since I don't have any fun arguments going with any of you people maybe you'll hear me out on this.

Stop acting like children.

"waaahhh I don't like the blimp, waaaaaaahhhh I don't like november 30th, WAAAHHH i run this campaign and they better do what i say!!"

If i were a rudy mcromney supporter I would be eating this up and laughing my ass of at you all.

As it is, I am a Ron Paul supporter and I would be laughing if it didn't scare me.

KewlRonduderules
11-30-2007, 07:03 PM
I predicted as such... I knew this would happen.

Look the grassroots for a large part was in favor of the platform today so we should have been prepared for whatever consequences may come because of it. Take a look here for more information:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=41225&page=3

BUT there is no point focusing on it at this point. The day is not over. Let's minimize the spin the media will use against us. Get those fundraiser numbers up as much as possible! Keep donating!!!

me3
11-30-2007, 07:08 PM
We haven't been able to control media spin so far, what makes us think this will be any different. I take immense satisfaction in knowing that the campaign should have an additional $400k to plug into the early states, as early as Wednesday next week.

As a community, we have to stop worrying about who will give us praise, who talks nicely or poorly about the campaign and who talks down the revolution.

What we do, doesn't require external validation, and even wins in NH and IA, would still have their share of attackers and detractors. We can't afford to be mired in the thinking that the PUNDITS and MSM will make Dr. Paul a success.

It's OUR job. Accept the responsibility. Make it happen instead of waiting for it to happen.

Wyle
11-30-2007, 07:11 PM
Campaign keeps on moving..... dec 4th ... ron paul on the view and the view averages 3.5 million viewers.... chances are he will plug dec 16th as well..... like the other commenter said.... hey we just gave the campaign more cash to plug away.. chances are today with be a 500k day...

KewlRonduderules
11-30-2007, 07:22 PM
We haven't been able to control media spin so far, what makes us think this will be any different. I take immense satisfaction in knowing that the campaign should have an additional $400k to plug into the early states, as early as Wednesday next week.

Believe me so do I. We are not going to be able to control media spin - that is VERY true. BUT... we can minimize it by preparing and safeguarding ourselves. Believe it or not, this is possible and it works to our advantage when we do things this way. The reality most of America believes what the media tells them still- although to a lesser extent nowadays.

I am happy too about the amount we have raised so far but there is a cost to this- the media spin, the naysayers, and the political operatives infiltrating this forum.

As a community, we have to stop worrying about who will give us praise, who talks nicely or poorly about the campaign and who talks down the revolution.

Look, the reality is we are human. In an ideal world, this would be perfect. But it is not. We live in a very hard world where WE HAVE TO CARE what others think otherwise, it will hurt us in the political arena. The reality - this is politics and you want to win over voters with your message so you better care.

What we do, doesn't require external validation, and even wins in NH and IA, would still have their share of attackers and detractors. We can't afford to be mired in the thinking that the PUNDITS and MSM will make Dr. Paul a success.

You better believe it does- we definitely need external validation- we want voters do we? Just look at what I said above. As for the PUNDITS and MSM- you need them. They have the power. That's the reality but this does not mean you can't beat them at their own game. You can. You just need to be smart about it.

It's OUR job. Accept the responsibility. Make it happen instead of waiting for it to happen.

I agree with you here. Right on.

:)

Edward
11-30-2007, 07:25 PM
We are not going to be able to control media spin - that is VERY true.What spin is that? Going over $10 million for the quarter. Breaking $500 K for the day... our second best fundraising day on relatively short notice. Breaking other GOP fundraising marks this campaign. It's all good!

KewlRonduderules
11-30-2007, 07:40 PM
What spin is that? Going over $10 million for the quarter. Breaking $500 K for the day... our second best fundraising day on relatively short notice. Breaking other GOP fundraising marks this campaign. It's all good!

I like your thinking.

;)

me3
11-30-2007, 07:41 PM
I like your thinking.

;)

+1

expatinireland
11-30-2007, 07:57 PM
Those that talk to the press can make a point of saying that we intentionally keep the bar high. Another positive is that by the end we might have donors exceeding pledges by 3X. 1/2 million on one of the worst days of the week for an event is a great result especially with the competing demands - blimp, ongoing requests from campaign, Tea Party, Christmas, social activities.

planetaryjim
11-30-2007, 07:59 PM
There's no loss here. We're winning. We're raising money hand over fist. The day is not done, and we're up half a million dollars already. We've blasted past the third quarter numbers sent in by all the other candidates, except what Romney lent to his own campaign. And, we can simply extend the work on Saturday and Sunday, if we please, to meet the $12M by Monday. At the rate things are going today, no, we won't top $12M by midnight in Guam. But, we can certainly cross $12M by the time the pundits get out of bed on Monday morning to look at Ron's web page.

So what if Trevor said we'd raise $2.5M today? Trevor is a great guy, and he has done wonderful things, but he's just this guy. He's not God. He's not Ron. He's not in charge.

The criticism of central planning is well taken. Central planning doesn't work well, compared to distributed planning. What we have today is the response of thousands of Americans to a call by the campaign to speed up the donations. We are responding very, very well.

And if the mainstream media want to spin it as a failure, so what? That's news! News about the campaign is plus good! They cannot manage to spell his name wrong, what with the four letters, so it is all plus good, no matter what they say.

Moreover, when has any attack from the mainstream media been bad for us? Every time they ignore him during the debates, allow Romney to steal a straw poll, or put Mr. Lenard's ad in the wrong section, they generate sympathy and support for our cause. Being the underdog and the dark horse and the long shot is working. Having the media call us failures for raising half or three quarters of a million dollars in a day? That just adds to the joy. It is better for us.

We'll be in a lot more fragile condition if the mainstream media ever makes Dr. Paul their darling.

JacobLyles
11-30-2007, 08:08 PM
GREAT day on short notice. What did you expect in 9 days?

kotetu
11-30-2007, 08:19 PM
$200k more and we have doubled our own 3rd quarter. That'll be GREAT! Then let's get $10million on the 16th!!! :D:D:D:D:D:D:D

LinkClan
11-30-2007, 10:06 PM
Okay, it's time to send in the archers! Send now the children! All school age children promote now the TEA PARTY! It's a must watch! Tell your friends, tell their parents, I WANT TO BE PART OF THE TEA PARTY!

RickNHouston
11-30-2007, 10:18 PM
Attn NH residents;

I have 4 adult males willing and ready to go to New Hampshire the first week of January to block walk, sign wave, door knock or whatever else is needed. Two are married and two single with significant others ranging from mid 30's to mid 50's. All clean and sober family types. We can pay our own transportation costs but will need a place to stay. Any body have any spare room. Might be too late for this but I have always heard that colors of the trees in New England are a sight to behold at this time of year at least once in a mans lifettime. Plus we don't get too much snow down here in Houston either so that might add some excitement to it as well.
Plz IM or e-mail me at trickyd54@yahoo.com

thnx
Rick W.

macdee
11-30-2007, 10:24 PM
I think the campaign is doing well. I had to donate today for the Rudy Reading List Day. And I'm donating one thousand dollars for our Tea Party 07. So everything is doing well. I also make a pledge to the blimp project and waiting for that to get off the ground. It would be nice to see contributions for the Ron Paul R3VOLUTION blimp coming in from overseas.

I saw Bill Clinton is in Ireland getting campaign money for Hillery. Why don't we have overseas funds coming into the Ron Paul campaign?

How does Bill and Hillary get away with this crap! Getting campaign contributions from overseas?

This IS total political corruption! For PROOF of this... Just do a google video search on wearechange Bill Clinton.

WTF

bolidew
11-30-2007, 10:32 PM
we shouldn't have been shouting about $12 Million a few days before the event when it was obvious it wasn't in the cards. It turned what should be a complete and overwhelming positive (The fact that we are going to pass every other Republican's 3rd quarter fundraising in 2 months of q4) and turned it into a bit of the mixed message.

Amen.

tropicangela
11-30-2007, 10:35 PM
Don't miss this THANK YOU from the good doctor.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IgiHCvu0h4k

tropicangela
11-30-2007, 10:46 PM
I think the campaign is doing well. I had to donate today for the Rudy Reading List Day. And I'm donating one thousand dollars for our Tea Party 07. So everything is doing well. I also make a pledge to the blimp project and waiting for that to get off the ground. It would be nice to see contributions for the Ron Paul R3VOLUTION blimp coming in from overseas.

I saw Bill Clinton is in Ireland getting campaign money for Hillery. Why don't we have overseas funds coming into the Ron Paul campaign?

How does Bill and Hillary get away with this crap! Getting campaign contributions from overseas?

Actually I've seen where many people in other countries are donating to a guy who set something up for Ron Paul. Ron Paul is truly global!!!

Check it out!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=07TVBLFroSM

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=40239

http://www.ronpaulmax.com/

Mark Mosconi
11-30-2007, 10:46 PM
If you support nothing, you don't accomplish anything.

Yes, we didn't reach the 12 million mark today, but if not for the Rudy's Reading List moneybomb, we wouldn't have reached $500,000+ today either. This is more than we would've had if we had not done the moneybomb. How is that not a positive thing?

literatim
11-30-2007, 10:51 PM
You guys are free to keep this haughty attitude up, but the truth is that people will spend their money on what they feel is the best investment. Its alot like the stock market, why would you expect people to buy a crappy looking stock? However, people will happilly buy the stock that has all the makings of a success story.

That is why we work differently that what classical campaigners would expect. We do what we feel is best personally especially with our money. We don't follow the ones screaming "Obey!!!! or we will lose". Why would you buy a stock only because someone said you had to or the market would crash? That really doesn't sound like a good deal at all.

Exactly. The people trying to get us to donate on November 30th were fear mongering.

Original_Intent
11-30-2007, 10:55 PM

Awesome! Exactly how I always felt and you worded it perfectly.

Midnight77
11-30-2007, 11:00 PM
The only thing I can say is that at least this was drowned by Hillary's little publicity stunt in New Hampshire today.

werdd
11-30-2007, 11:12 PM
Dude it's okay, theres nothing wrong with aiming high. We beat giulianis q3 fundraising, and the event was rudysreadinglist, i say mission accomplishedman. Chill. Atleast we didnt fall short of our monthly campaign licensed goal like huckabee did, instead we are looking to surpass our goal by a projected 4+ million at the end of this quarter. Were kickin ass, stop with the pessimism.

SwordOfShannarah
11-30-2007, 11:14 PM

This is the worst logic I've ever heard. The flip side is people often miss a great opportunity because they thought a stock wouldn't do anything. Call it what you want.. but this is the one that got away. We could have had huge headlines and it would have kept Ron Paul in the news ALL MONTH LONG. AND he would have had more money NOW for advertising. AND, as I predicted, sign ups for the TeaParty had a boost, we'd have even more of a boost if we got a ton of press from today. I suppose we still will though, just not as beaming as we could have.

We didn't just get one letter from the campaign asking for funds now.. we got TWO. The request was NOT a mistake.

Of course the day wasn't a total loss. We did very well despite the negativity. For those of us who donated.. congratulations!!

me3
11-30-2007, 11:17 PM
Awesome! Exactly how I always felt and you worded it perfectly.
Back at it again. :(

You're good at putting on a show.

NinjaPirate
11-30-2007, 11:20 PM
This is the worst logic I've ever heard- and of course it figures the "usual suspects" would all agree. Why is it bad? Because the flip side is people often miss a great opportunity because they thought a stock wouldn't do anything. Call it what you want.. but this is the one that got away. We could have had huge headlines and it would have kept Ron Paul in the news ALL MONTH LONG. People like you made us miss out big, and here you are patting each other on the backs. Misery loves company I guess.

Of course the day wasn't a total loss. We did very well anyway, I just had to comment on this miserable mindset of failure these guys seem to love so much. Troll away guys, troll away.. it's just "oh so good" for the campaign. What a blessing to have you on these forums. NOT!

I won't waste my time responding to their attack - attack - attack - attack philosophy (do they ever stop? It's never enough to say it once is it? LOL). I've said my piece and stand by it, that's enough. What a joke you guys are.

I wouldn't worry about it, it's not a complete loss. Not many candidates can say that they were able to raise $500k on such short notice. We broke $10mil, beat Thompsons AND Ghoul's Q3 earnings, and we're inches away from a $1mil week! We're doing a damn good job.

Quantumystic
12-01-2007, 12:43 AM
Just beginning to wonder if anyone here actually has corporate goal-setting as part of their career experience. Sales/Marketing, or Production.

Personally, I always project at least 5 scenarios. Ideal, Nightmare, Unexpected, Mediocre, and Twilight Zone.

It allows me to visualise what an Ideal outcome would be, and reverse-engineer how I would arrive (in theory) at that outcome. Then turn that Ideal inside-out, imagining everything from that projection going horribly wrong. What could I try to do to get each setback turned into a previously unanticipated Positive effect?

Unexpected, what am I completely NOT even taking into account in my Ideal scenario? What "out of left field" could happen to impact the progression of steps that lead to my Ideal outcome?

What happens if my best efforts only produce Mediocre results? Have I outlined a contingency for that possibility?

If I do my Due Diligence organizing and planning for 5 possible outcomes, then whatever happens is likely to remain fairly close to one plan or another. If things turn one way, adjust to the plan that takes that into account.

We're playing in the Majors here, and our game needs a Major League playbook.

Thunderbolt
12-01-2007, 12:53 AM

I had a choice. Either give on the 16th or give today. Splitting it would be useless to both days. I chose the 16th.

Not everyone can give on both days.

But then I am tired of trying to teach about the principle of finite resources.

80% of the people on this board did not want to do this. Trevor cannot force people to do something they do not want to do. Knowing that, perhaps he should have taken that into account when he announced expected totals.

Thunderbolt
12-01-2007, 12:55 AM
I'm sick of the press.

We can buy more ad space then they can print copy anyway.

Oh really?

Back that up with a couple of billion bucks.

Thunderbolt
12-01-2007, 01:01 AM

He made a website that 15 people offered to do at exactly the same time when we all stole the Nov. 5 idea from a meetup group to do this on the thread: http://ronpaulmeetupvideos.com/2007/10/16/calling-all-paulitesremember-the-fifth-of-november/

SwordOfShannarah
12-01-2007, 01:04 AM
He made a website that 15 people offered to do at exactly the same time when we all stole the Nov. 5 idea from a meetup group to do this on the thread: http://ronpaulmeetupvideos.com/2007/10/16/calling-all-paulitesremember-the-fifth-of-november/

???? No one else offered to make a site. That site you reference is mine btw (RonPaulMeetUpVideos.com - check whois). I found the video that James made and brought it here to the forums. People loved Jame's idea and started asking for someone to make a website. After a while (and no one else taking it on) I said I would do it.

You just make stuff up as you go along I guess. Good one!! LOL

split_lipz
12-01-2007, 01:05 AM
Everyone knows the real thing will be on the 16th.

Btw, I didn't donate yesterday. I plan to donate a full $100 on the 16th.

Thunderbolt
12-01-2007, 01:05 AM
Consulting job? For what, talking someone else's idea, making a website for it, and then claiming himself the king of moneybombs? LOL. These events are not the work of the person that made it up or the person that made the website. They are the work of the message of freedom and the people that support it. These events are not transferable to any other candidates running. If some candidate hires someone to create a moneybomb or any other grassroots project for them they are going to be sorely disappointed when it fails miserably.

QFT!!!!!!!!

What has happened to everyone's memory?

Thunderbolt
12-01-2007, 01:12 AM
No one else offered to make a site. That site you reference is mine btw (RonPaulMeetUpVideos.com - check whois). You just make stuff up as you go along I guess. Good one!! LOL

Oh really? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25532

Trevor, this stuff is in writing.

Look through that thread. If you really think that you and you alone did the whole Nov. 5th project on your own, you are not remembering this properly.

I was wrong about 15 people offering to do the website, there were a few, but tons of people were suggesting one, Casual Apathy continually begged for one, and all of the rest of the people on that thread pushed for it.

I am not going to go back through all of the threads and show all the discussions about the website and the dripping blood which turned a lot of people off. But suffice it to say, that Nov. 5 was not a one person job.

Shaun
12-01-2007, 01:14 AM
Trevor has taken a huge amount of responsibility onto his shoulders in being the point man for these events. He's done an outstanding job and I am personally very grateful to him.
Let's pull together and get the 10m done on Dec 16th.
Keep on keeping on Trevor.
Dr Paul is very, very appreciative.
So are we...
Thanks,
Shaun.

Thunderbolt
12-01-2007, 01:16 AM
???? No one else offered to make a site. That site you reference is mine btw (RonPaulMeetUpVideos.com - check whois). I found the video that James made and brought it here to the forums. People loved Jame's idea and started asking for someone to make a website. After a while (and no one else taking it on) I said I would do it.

You just make stuff up as you go along I guess. Good one!! LOL

So are you saying that you personally made Nov. 5th happen?

I sent out thousands of emails for the cause. I suppose that had nothing to do with it? Many others also did a ton of work for it. Do they not count?

Are you truly saying that the Nov. 5 day of donations was ALL you?

SwordOfShannarah
12-01-2007, 01:21 AM
Oh really? http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=25532

Trevor, this stuff is in writing.

Look through that thread. If you really think that you and you alone did the whole Nov. 5th project on your own, you are not remembering this properly.

I was wrong about 15 people offering to do the website, there were a few, but tons of people were suggesting one, Casual Apathy continually begged for one, and all of the rest of the people on that thread pushed for it.

I am not going to go back through all of the threads and show all the discussions about the website and the dripping blood which turned a lot of people off. But suffice it to say, that Nov. 5 was not a one person job.

ok so while you're talking about memories and what is in writing why don't you show us all even ONE TIME where I have ever said this was a one person job. I'd really like to see that. You are putting words I have never said or felt into my mouth- you are lying. I have always given credit to every single Ron Paul supporter who pitched in and donated and to James and everyone else. I have never taken credit for this - not even once.

I'm not going to get into a flame war with you and your kind. I don't have the time. I can't stop you guys from your lies- and when I speak the truth in this thread you'll just start another one with more lies. It's pathetic. Have fun - I really don't know why you do this, but oh well..

SwordOfShannarah
12-01-2007, 01:23 AM
So are you saying that you personally made Nov. 5th happen?

I sent out thousands of emails for the cause. I suppose that had nothing to do with it? Many others also did a ton of work for it. Do they not count?

Are you truly saying that the Nov. 5 day of donations was ALL you?

No - that's what you are saying. And right now you're just oh so excited because you think you're going to drag me into a flame war with you. LOL

Every now and again I like to call people out on their lies.. I guess just because I feel like it.. but I know you'll persist- even though you can't show a single time I ever said this- you'll persist. That's what you troll types do I guess.

Even now.. look how desperately you try to put words I have never even come close to saying into my mouth. It's laughable.

Paul4Prez
12-01-2007, 01:50 AM
It's all water under the bridge now. Trevor and everyone else supporting the November 30th money bomb turned a $100,000 day into a $500,000 day, and should be commended.

The mainstream media will pay little attention to a half-million-dollar day. They may pick up on the fact that Ron Paul has reached 8 figures in 4th quarter fundraising -- which makes a great response when people say he is polling in the single digits.

So a few non-Paul blogs are calling it a dud. Big deal. We're raising more than their candidates are, and we've got a nice little Tea Party brewing....

pacelli
12-01-2007, 02:16 AM
It's all water under the bridge now. Trevor and everyone else supporting the November 30th money bomb turned a $100,000 day into a $500,000 day, and should be commended.

The mainstream media will pay little attention to a half-million-dollar day. They may pick up on the fact that Ron Paul has reached 8 figures in 4th quarter fundraising -- which makes a great response when people say he is polling in the single digits.

So a few non-Paul blogs are calling it a dud. Big deal. We're raising more than their candidates are, and we've got a nice little Tea Party brewing....

Well said, applause! I think once Dec. 16th has come and gone, we'll be looking over all the charts and realize that today was very important. We set up the tea party very nicely, IMHO. I didn't pledge for today but donated twice. I've pledged for the tea party but will add an extra 0 to my pledge.

expatinireland
12-01-2007, 03:07 PM

This IS total political corruption! For PROOF of this... Just do a google video search on wearechange Bill Clinton.

WTF

Bill was raising funds from Americans living here in Ireland. They are relying on a network that is already in place. I believe they got maximum contributions from about 100 Americans out of 100,000 living here in Ireland.

We had a Ron Paul meetup here in Dublin today. I sent out press releases to all daily papers, TV and radio - not one published our meeting announcement. Very difficult to get things going without a little cooperation from the press.