PDA

View Full Version : Please explain what Nov 30th Donation is all about

gregk
11-30-2007, 04:10 PM
Hi I'm new and have spent a lot of time trying to find out why people are talking about there being something special about donation on today, Nov 30th and also that it is important to do it at a particular time of day.

I can't seem to find any explanation on this site or any other Ron Paul site.

I want to donate and help the best way I can, but I feel like this is a closed society - eveybody has been invited to the party but there is nobody at the door explaining to newcomers what is going on.

Please, can an administrator post a 'sticky' message or somehow give me a clue?
Thanks,
Greg

Spirit of '76
11-30-2007, 04:12 PM
Basically, it's just an excuse to hit Dr. Paul with a lot of money on one day, boost the fundraising totals for the month, and help him win.

No big secret. If you've got some to give, it'd be appreciated.

There's also an even bigger donation day scheduled for the 16th of December. That one commemorates the Boston Tea Party.

Spirit of '76
11-30-2007, 04:13 PM
Welcome to the forum, by the way. :)

gregk
11-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Wow - thanks for the quick response!

Paulitical Correctness
11-30-2007, 04:17 PM
Welcome!

I see Paul supporters as a giant family.

If there's any questions you have feel free to ask, and if your question gets devoured by other posts don't hesitate to ask again.

I'm sure there are dozens of people here more than willing to help you with whatever you need. Don't be shy!

Spirit of '76
11-30-2007, 04:22 PM
Wow - thanks for the quick response!

No problem. Once again, welcome!

By the way, you can watch the fundraising progress here:
http://www.ronpaulgraphs.com

ZenX
11-30-2007, 04:24 PM
I was under the assumption that today was to promote http://rudysreadinglist.com/ , and while it might not have a historical significance, it's a good enough reason for me to donate. I could be wrong though. :)

ItsTime
11-30-2007, 04:26 PM
He needs money to spend on New Hampshire and Iowa NOW not on the 16th. That is part of it.

Edward
11-30-2007, 04:37 PM
I was under the assumption that today was to promote http://rudysreadinglist.com/ , and while it might not have a historical significance, it's a good enough reason for me to donate.Me, too!

tonyr1988
11-30-2007, 04:40 PM
We Paul supporters really love our "money bombs." They're called money bombs because we donate a ton of money all at once. We did one back on Nov. 5, and raised $4.3 million in one day (more than any other GOP candidate this election cycle). It got us quite a bit of mainstream media attention, and since then, more people have treated Paul as a viable candidate.

Then, they planned another one on December 16th, the anniversary of the Boston Tea Party. Check it out at www.teaparty07.com. It will be huge. But, in the meantime, that's over a month to wait, so we decided to do a small "money bomb" to tide things over. That's today. It has only been planned for around a week, so it won't be huge, but please donate if you can.

A big push will be happening between 7-8pm EST today. We're trying to raise as much as we can during one hour. However, it's entirely up to you: donate everything now, everything during 7-8, split it up, whatever you want to do.

And yes, the Nov. 30th forum seems very confusing, with no Sticky. This is because it's really new and is very temporary (ad hoc). Hopefully other parts of the forum aren't as confusing. If they are, definitely bring it up! :)