PDA

View Full Version : Senior Pranks

Mani
03-28-2014, 05:28 AM
Reading about so many stories of kids in HS getting busted and sent to prison or having felonies on their record for the most benign reasons.

I don't recognize HS in America at all anymore.

When I was in HS there were traditions that seemed like everyone in the surrounding neighborhood schools participated in...like Senior Skip Day...Senior Pranks, etc. I grew up in a quiet midwestern suburb.

I'm wondering if it's even possible to have senior pranks anymore? Has that tradition been squashed because now that kind of hijinx will land you in prison? Ruin your chances of getting a job? Lose out on a scholarship? Lose acceptance into a University?

Our Senior prank was before the days of email and the internet, the teachers posted the FINAL EXAM schedule on the front of each door in the classroom. Day 1 Period 4,5,6, Day 2: 1,2,3 etc.

This was also the days before Word, excel, or word processing software, so it was a somewhat more challenging task, for a student to create an exact replica with a DIFFERENT SCHEDULE. (People didn't have PCs in their home, let alone printers, it sounds like a simple prank today, but it wasn't so easy back then). One of our computer experts was able to figure out how to do it, would sneak into the classrooms and posted the new schedule all over school. It caused massive chaos and was brilliant.

The principal of the school during Graduation, actually said it was one of the best senior pranks in years. He wanted to congratulate the student and asked if anybody wanted to take credit for it (and said there's no repercussions) and the student stood up, got a loud round of applause and the principal congratulated him and it was a good laugh.

I wonder if today, that kid would be hauled off to jail, or suspended or expelled from school for the amount of chaos and frustration he caused the school?

And the previous year the senior prank was to create chalk marks of disabled people all over the ground. So all the kids showed up to school that day and all over the ground there were body chalk lines everywhere on the sidewalk and parking lot, etc. I think some were disabled but not all. (Like body chalk marks with wheelchairs and/or crutches, and other random stuff).

I wonder if today that would be defacing school property and those kids would be again, arrested and detained and sent away in handcuffs.

I was told in previous years, much before my time, students one year disassembled a car, snuk into the school cafeteria or gym, and reassembled it before morning. Something like that. Those kids would have probably been shot onsite for sneaking into the school today.

I've been out of high school for so long, all these stories today don't even sound like school at all. Just some bizarre sociology experiment gone bad. Or some strange backass foreign country.

Did any of you older posters have harmless senior pranks that were funny memories, but today would be sending kids off to prison?

tod evans
03-28-2014, 05:34 AM
Not a prank but way back past the statute of limitations we used to move pounds of weed and sheets of 25 in the school parking lot...

Nobody got hurt inspite of all the full gunracks, we all had a good time and most of us learned stuff too....

tangent4ronpaul
03-28-2014, 06:41 AM
Took apart car (VW Bug), re-assembled on school roof.
Took apart car (VW Bug), chained and locked the door on the library during a faculty meeting, resembled car in front of door that opened outward - trapping teachers.
FILLED principles office with balloons.
A certain teacher used to comment on how nice it was out side and sometimes took the class outside. Well, one year, his entire office, layed out to the inch was found outside. Including bookshelves and his desk with everything perfectly in place...

-t

Suzanimal
03-28-2014, 06:58 AM
We had an outdoor courtyard with picnic tables that was for Seniors only, on a regular day anyone who ventured into it was usually chased out or had food thrown at them - no one got in trouble. Well, the last day of school Juniors were allowed in the Senior Courtyard and the outgoing Seniors were always prepared...water balloons, shaving cream pies, squirt guns, rotten eggs...the courtyard was surrounded with windows so everyone could see the hijinks and sometimes it got outta hand but I don't remember anyone getting in real trouble.

Not a prank but way back past the statute of limitations we used to move pounds of weed and sheets of 25 in the school parking lot...

Nobody got hurt inspite of all the full gunracks, we all had a good time and most of us learned stuff too....

We had a smoking section on the back stairs of the school that always smelled like weed. I always wondered why I would see my brothers in the smoking section when I knew they didn't smoke cigarettes. After I graduated they told me the school safety officer (he was an old hippie who also happened to be our bus driver) sold weed in the smoking section after school. Of course, I was never allowed anywhere near the smoking section or boys until my Senior year - they claim to have been "protecting me". And yes, if you had a pickup you had a gun rack and no one ever got hurt.

tod evans
03-28-2014, 07:09 AM
Not necessarily a senior prank, our shop teacher taught every class about capacitors and went on to explain how to wire them to chairs in class..

Every year there'd be a couple of weeks worth of screaming and cussing as each new class put their new found knowledge to practical application...

osan
03-28-2014, 07:37 AM
Took apart car (VW Bug), chained and locked the door on the library during a faculty meeting, resembled car in front of door that opened outward - trapping teachers.
A certain teacher used to comment on how nice it was out side and sometimes took the class outside. Well, one year, his entire office, layed out to the inch was found outside. Including bookshelves and his desk with everything perfectly in place...

-t

We had a bug assembled in the principal's office. He was way pissed and we were way happy.

Many of the things we did in the 70s would get us shot today. That is how wildly insane the USA has become. The people "in charge" are naught but out of control children in adult bodies. The depths to which this should frighten the average man can barely be overstated. That the meaner is not even mildly alarmed by this should scare the rest of us similarly.

pcosmar
03-28-2014, 07:56 AM

-t

LoL

Similar. VW on the second floor of the library.

Mani
03-30-2014, 11:58 PM
Oh ya. And one day in spanish class...There was that day you make spanish food at home and bring it in to class....Couple of the kids made punch. And spiked it. Some of the students were buzzed by the end of class.

Our spanish teacher didn't notice or care...Said the punch was good..lol. One or two students I think complained they felt sick afterwards (coz a rumor spread it was spiked), but no one got in trouble.

What fucking shit storm would that be today??

The next timeI put a raisen or date or plume or something in the microwave for 5 minutes when no one was looking, and half the class watched it grow 3 times its size and make a mess. Spanish teacher did get pissed about that. He was gonna remove the microwave if we did that stuff again.

Harmless stuff....But damn. Spiking punch and scuffles on campus were not big deals.

I remember my close friend standing next to him in the lunch line got into a scuffle with another kid and my buddy punched him square in the face 2-3 times right in front of all the cafeteria ladies. They just yelled, "Hey knock it off." and the two separated. They were buddies like a week later...No principals, no detentions...teachers missed it...No big deal..

everyone went back to lining up and getting their food 10 seconds later...