PDA

View Full Version : Lets get one thing straight with the media, folks

foofighter20x
11-30-2007, 04:00 PM
Since the MSM will no doubt try to tie this hostage event to us, let's resolve ourselves to stay on message:

This revolution is about peace and freedom, not violence or force.

The libertarian ideology is very precise in that violence is never justified except in self defense. What's been done today is in no way a part of the libertarian message, Dr Paul's message, or the message of this grassroots campaign.

A real libertarian NEVER initiates violence.

The Plan
11-30-2007, 04:14 PM
We all know as a group that actions like these are wrong on every level. For us talking to each other we all know that in this group this does not need to be said. What we also know is that the world is watching us right now. So what i hope you would all do is state it publicly before the world that is watching this board that you oppose actions like this in any situation and that you all know that this is not the right path to bring about change. We are a non-violent movement by belief and practice and things like this are not a part of any valid philosophy that wishes to bring about change in a free society.

So Let It Be Typed, So Let It Be Done.......

greves
11-30-2007, 04:17 PM
As a lay Buddhist, I adhere to the Five Precepts, the very first of which is:

"One must not deliberately kill any living creatures, either by committing the act oneself, instructing others to kill, or approving of or participating in act of killing. It is a respect to others' lives.

One should not deprive others (animals not excluded) of the right to live. If one is hurt or killed, one's family, relatives, friends will suffer. It is the cause of rebirth in Three Evil Paths. The effect of killing to the performer are brevity of life, ill health, handicapped and fear.

In observing the first precept, one tries to protect life whenever possible. Furthermore, one cultivates the attitude of loving kindness to all beings by wishing that they may be happy and free from harm."

You won't see any harm coming from me! :)

Tenbatsu
11-30-2007, 04:18 PM
We have done nothing wrong, therefore there is no need for an explanation. The actions of an individual are never representative of an entire group.

brumans
11-30-2007, 04:19 PM
Why do you say Ron Paul supporters will be linked to this?

Bradley in DC
11-30-2007, 04:20 PM
Go Foo!

We're all opposed to the initiation of force and fraud. :)

ctb619
11-30-2007, 04:24 PM
Since the MSM will no doubt try to tie this hostage event to us, let's resolve ourselves to stay on message:

Can you get us up to speed on this, why do you think they'll try to connect this thing to us?

foofighter20x
11-30-2007, 04:41 PM
Can you get us up to speed on this, why do you think they'll try to connect this thing to us?

Well, they haven't treated us fairly to date, and you know how much they try to make us look bad.

There really isn't any strong indicators that they will do this, but best to be prepared for it anyway...

twister5400
11-30-2007, 04:44 PM
wait, what exactly happened? i have been at school all day

The Plan
11-30-2007, 04:45 PM
oops, sorry i should have done a search for a thread of this type before i posted a minute ago. Props to the Mod for doing it for me :)

TheNewYorker
11-30-2007, 04:46 PM
wait, what exactly happened? i have been at school all day

Some guy is holding hostages at Hillary's HQ in NH, he has a bomb, and he's a libertarian.

Media is going to paint him as a Paul supporter.

pacelli
11-30-2007, 04:48 PM
Nearly all MSM media outlets are saying this man is mentally ill and not on medication. FoxNews reported that he has a delusional belief that there is a chip in his head implanted by the US Government. MSNBC reported that he has "libertarian leanings". FoxNews reports his name as Troy Stanley. MSNBC and CNN report his name as Leeland Eisenberg. There seems to be some discrepancy here.

I can only pray that the authorities handle this in a non-aggressive and peaceful manner. I also pray for the hostages and the family of the hostage taker. Lets hope this is peacefully resolved.

robert4rp08
11-30-2007, 04:49 PM
"Sweeney said the hostage-taker is known to local police and supposedly was upset with the mental health care situation in the United States."

evandi
11-30-2007, 04:51 PM
Ya, and they will spin it because Ron Paul recently said on cnn to a huge number of viewers that "There is a revolution", and he WILL be taken out of context.

It will certainly expand to a huge governmental "crack-down" on "fringe groups" like ourselves.

And perhaps a "crack-down" on the internet since he probably used it just like 80% of the people living in this country.

ursamajor
11-30-2007, 04:52 PM
stop with the conspiracies. this guy was probably just nuts.

The Plan
11-30-2007, 04:52 PM

Put nothing past these evil bastards. If you havn't figured out that they have an agenda that is contrary to ours by now then i wouldn't even know what to tell you. This is not paranoia speaking, this is a good grasp of history speaking. I sure know that if i was evil and i had a reason to stop a movement like this from continuing i would definitly try to imply a connection of the two. Just think about it for a second...... Watch the news very closely on Fox for the next few weeks.

Wilkero
11-30-2007, 04:53 PM
They also have a one-minute tape delay on all footage from the scene. The explanation is that if they decide to use force, the suspect will not know it from live footage.

reduen
11-30-2007, 04:53 PM

The libertarian ideology is very precise in that violence is never justified except in self defense. What's been done today is in no way a part of the libertarian message, Dr Paul's message, or the message of this grassroots campaign.

Well said my friend, well said..

ctb619
11-30-2007, 04:54 PM
Put nothing past these evil bastards. If you havn't figured out that they have an agenda that is contrary to ours by now then i wouldn't even know what to tell you. This is not paranoia speaking, this is a good grasp of history speaking. I sure know that if i was evil and i had a reason to stop a movement like this from continuing i would definitly try to imply a connection of the two. Just think about it for a second...... Watch the news very closely on Fox for the next few weeks.

Yes I'm not an idiot, I was just curious if the OP had seen anything specific.

RonPaulCult
11-30-2007, 04:55 PM
stop with the conspiracies. this guy was probably just nuts.

Yeah he's nuts but we're constantly called nuts too. It's esp. bad that a guy calling in to Fox used the Libertarian word and if MSNBC is saying that too....

of course they will link it to us:(

RPinSEAZ
Dude you guys are paranoid.

Wilkero
Why do you say Ron Paul supporters will be linked to this?

Actually, I don't think this is a way to marginalize Ron Paul or his supporters. However, it does make Hillary Clinton a more sympathetic figure.

Second_Tier_My_Ass
11-30-2007, 04:58 PM
god damn, people. settle down. they can't even agree on the guy's name yet and already you're claiming this is going to be against us somehow. that's quite a huge connection to make. if anything it says something about the clinton campaign. it has nothing to do with us at all. don't give the media a reason to notice us when it comes to this event, because we all know we aren't involved, and most importantly, stop feeding them ideas.

in week this will be old news, unless the bomb is real and he intends to use it, which i doubt is the case.

The Plan
11-30-2007, 04:59 PM
Dude you guys are paranoid.

I hope you're right with all my heart. I don't want it to be confirmed. I really hope they show some class.

foofighter20x
11-30-2007, 05:02 PM
god damn, people. settle down. they can't even agree on the guy's name yet and already you're claiming this is going to be against us somehow. that's quite a huge connection to make. if anything it says something about the clinton campaign. it has nothing to do with us at all. don't give the media a reason to notice us when it comes to this event, because we all know we aren't involved, and most importantly, stop feeding them ideas.

in week this will be old news, unless the bomb is real and he intends to use it, which i doubt is the case.

I'm not saying they WILL, by any means... I'm just saying we ought to be prepared, just in case they do.

James R
11-30-2007, 05:07 PM

I guess they could, but considering that we want Clinton to be the winning Democrat because she'll be so easy to beat, that wouldn't make any sense at all. Obama would likely be the last one we want to face on the Democrat side.