PDA

View Full Version : You’d Have Better Luck Converting Them to Become Jehovah’s Witnesses

nbruno322
03-26-2014, 07:33 AM
Good article...

“Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses.” ~ H.L. Mencken

The notion that a significant number of people living off of government largesse will be brought around to an individualist or libertarian way of thinking is a pipe dream.

You’d have better luck converting them to become Jehovah’s Witnesses.

http://www.internationalman.com/articles/youd-have-better-luck-converting-them-to-become-jehovahs-witnesses

jonhowe
03-26-2014, 10:34 AM
From the article:

Few New Yorkers question why the money extracted from them via taxation—to pay for the police—didn’t instead go towards dealing with real crimes (aggressions against people and property). Nor did many question the disturbing absurdity of the bloodying of an 84-year-old man spurred by the increased enforcement of jaywalking in the name of the “Vision Zero” fantasy.

Untrue. It was front page news here and people were outraged. DeBlasio quickly backed off Vision Zero, and said that jaywalking would no longer be a focus. They're focusing on drivers now, instead.

It's hard to take an article seriously when it cherry picks and distorts facts.

Christian Liberty
03-26-2014, 10:42 AM
I like the quote about democracy. Its sad and its evil. I get more and more angry by the day.

oyarde
03-26-2014, 11:15 AM
I like the quote about democracy. Its sad and its evil. I get more and more angry by the day.

You should check out more of H.L. Mencken.

nbruno322
03-26-2014, 06:16 PM

+1