PDA

View Full Version : Being charitable gets you a room at a mental hospital

aGameOfThrones
03-25-2014, 01:53 PM
Richard Wright was brightening the days of dozens of strangers in the Halifax Regional Municipality (HRM) in Canada, by handing out C$50 and C$100 bills. As reported by Metro News , last week Wright was giving cash to different people he encountered in HRM and asking that the recipients, “thank God” for the gift and if they didn’t need the money, to pass it on to someone else. The Prince Edward Island (P.E.I.) Royal Canadian Mounted Police were called to conduct a wellness check on Wright. So, when he was seen driving, officers stopped the generous man. After speaking with him, they felt that Mr. Wright needed “further assessment by a medical health person.”

Mr. Wright’s daughter, Chelsea, called attention to her father’s circumstances when she recently posted a photo of him and said that he had received “unfair” treatment by the hospital and the police. Her father has not been allowed to leave the hospital despite insistence that he is had no mental-health issues. Chelsea explained that her father worked hard to save money and when the family was on vacation in Halifax, he simply decided to share “some extra money” with those in need.

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/oddnews/man-committing-random-acts-of-kindness-by-giving-out-cash--detained-in-mental-hospital-225126586.html

Warrior_of_Freedom
03-25-2014, 02:01 PM
Someone not acting normal is means for investigation!

Origanalist
03-25-2014, 02:19 PM
I feel like I'm losing my mind.......

Suzanimal
03-25-2014, 02:24 PM

Do you feel like giving out $$ like the guy in the op? If so, I'll pm you my address.:)

The Prince Edward Island (P.E.I.) Royal Canadian Mounted Police were called to conduct a wellness check on Wright.

Who in the hell calls the police on someone GIVING away money??? :confused:

aGameOfThrones
03-25-2014, 02:27 PM
Do you feel like giving out $$ like the guy in the op? If so, I'll pm you my address.:)

Government hates competition.

mad cow
03-25-2014, 02:27 PM
He was giving away his own money.That was his problem right there.

If he was giving other peoples money to strangers,he would get highways and schools named after him.

Inkblots
03-25-2014, 03:08 PM
Reality imitating art. Anyone here ever read Vonnegut's God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater?

Our society is so sick. I just hope it isn't terminal.

unknown
03-25-2014, 05:11 PM
Voluntarily giving people money = weird.

Hitting people over the head and taking their money = normal.

moostraks
03-25-2014, 05:45 PM
Reality imitating art. Anyone here ever read Vonnegut's God Bless You, Mr. Rosewater?

Our society is so sick. I just hope it isn't terminal.

I have not yet read the book but you got me curious.

The mental health industry is one of their greatest tools to create their ideal society. My contempt for the field cannot be put into proper words to describe how vile I see this arm of government control. It has the ability to whisk off citizens to a jail where the sentence is indefinite and will haunt your record for the rest of your life.

PaulConventionWV
03-25-2014, 06:23 PM

Also, since when can someone simply request a "wellness check" on any random person, and since when do the police or Canadian Mounties conduct those sorts of things?

PaulConventionWV
03-25-2014, 06:25 PM
Government hates competition.

So... you're saying the government regularly gives money away for free?

Occam's Banana
03-25-2014, 06:59 PM

Never fear! The RCMP have a room ready & waiting for you. (Say "Hi!" to Mr. Wright for us ...)

dannno
03-25-2014, 07:15 PM
So... you're saying the government regularly gives money away for free?

No way...

osan
03-25-2014, 08:00 PM

Why don't you sing us a song, HAL?

Paulbot99
03-25-2014, 09:20 PM
This reminds me of Soviet Union medicine. If you opposed Communism, you were obviously crazy. Now, if you are charitable in the name of God, you're obviously crazy.

fr33
03-25-2014, 11:23 PM
This society has become a disease.