PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Republican Running for Senate Reverses Pro-Life Position

Origanalist
03-25-2014, 10:07 AM
http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Government/2014/03/24/cory-Gardner-AP.jpg

by WARNER TODD HUSTON 25 Mar 2014,

Colorado Republican Cory Gardner has suddenly reversed his pro-life stance in a triangulated effort to appeal to moderate Democrats who might cross the aisle from Democrat Senator Mark Udall's side to vote Republican in the upcoming elections.

Gardner was on record as a supporter of a ballot measure to grant a fertilized egg the same status as a person. But now, he is suddenly against that measure as he gears up his campaign for the general election. He is also a past supporter of the Life Begins at Conception Act.

But now he says he is against the idea of personhood for a fertilized egg. "This was a bad idea driven by good intentions," Gardner told The Denver Post. "I was not right. I can't support personhood now. I can't support personhood going forward. To do it again would be a mistake."

A Congressman from Colorado's Fourth District situated just to the east of Denver, Gardner is now maintaining that such a measure would somehow make contraception illegal. Some even feel that such a measure would outlaw abortion and Gardner wants to avoid this discussion.

continued...http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/24/Colorado-Republican-Running-for-Senate-Reverses-Pro-Life-Position

AuH20
03-25-2014, 10:08 AM
Isn't this guy a Paul Ryan acolyte?

Keith and stuff
03-25-2014, 10:13 AM
fertilized egg
The media would destroy a position like that in the general.

oyarde
03-25-2014, 10:22 AM
Well , Colorado has become a liberal state , no chance there for a pro lifer if he plans to talk about it a bunch.Not sure why this topic comes up .

Origanalist
03-25-2014, 10:28 AM
Well , Colorado has become a liberal state , no chance there for a pro lifer if he plans to talk about it a bunch.Not sure why this topic comes up .

It sounds like he brought it up.

oyarde
03-25-2014, 10:32 AM
It sounds like he brought it up.

Which would be , dumb .

fisharmor
03-25-2014, 10:41 AM
But now he says he is against the idea of personhood for a fertilized egg. "This was a bad idea driven by good intentions," Gardner told The Denver Post. "I was not right. I can't support personhood now. I can't support personhood going forward. To do it again would be a mistake."

It's not like the state recognizes personhood of adults, so good call there, guy.

TaftFan
03-25-2014, 02:20 PM
No integrity.

Tywysog Cymru
03-25-2014, 02:41 PM

Colorado is considered a swing state.

pcosmar
03-25-2014, 02:48 PM
No integrity.

I see a lot of that.

ZENemy
03-25-2014, 02:49 PM
http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Government/2014/03/24/cory-Gardner-AP.jpg

by WARNER TODD HUSTON 25 Mar 2014,

Colorado Republican Cory Gardner has suddenly reversed his pro-life stance in a triangulated effort to appeal to moderate Democrats who might cross the aisle from Democrat Senator Mark Udall's side to vote Republican in the upcoming elections.

Gardner was on record as a supporter of a ballot measure to grant a fertilized egg the same status as a person. But now, he is suddenly against that measure as he gears up his campaign for the general election. He is also a past supporter of the Life Begins at Conception Act.

A Congressman from Colorado's Fourth District situated just to the east of Denver, Gardner is now maintaining that such a measure would somehow make contraception illegal. Some even feel that such a measure would outlaw abortion and Gardner wants to avoid this discussion.

continued...http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/24/Colorado-Republican-Running-for-Senate-Reverses-Pro-Life-Position

Why cant people see through this shit? These people are liars and will spit any idea out their mouth if their position is secured. Over and over and over again these freaks lie, flip flop and change positions, what good are they if they wont stand tall on ANY god damn issue.

Origanalist
03-25-2014, 02:53 PM
Why cant people see through this shit? These people are liars and will spit any idea out their mouth if their position is secured. Over and over and over again these freaks lie, flip flop and change positions, what good are they if they wont stand tall on ANY god damn issue.

He's evolving.

oyarde
03-25-2014, 11:41 PM

Not by me , pretty well entrenched .....

oyarde
03-25-2014, 11:42 PM

More like , the next Maryland .....

oyarde
03-25-2014, 11:46 PM
Pussies & commies , out number the real people , they will soon be enthused to support the Dem platform of , killing babies , smoking weed , getting a TV dinner at the end of the day for these two rights you get ...... , I imagine .....

Bman
03-26-2014, 12:08 AM
Flip flopping is always a concern unless you agree with the direction of the flop. In this case I'd be more favorable to vote for the guy. Life at conception acts imo go too far and offer little in ways of preventing abortions.