PDA

View Full Version : I'll Use My Hog Castrating Experience To Help End Pork Barrel Spending

Origanalist
03-25-2014, 09:54 AM
Joni Ernst, a Republican candidate in the GOP Senate primary in Iowa, is touting her experience “castrating hogs on an Iowa farm” to underscore how emphatic she will be about ending pork barrel spending in the U.S. Senate.

“I'm Joni Ernst. I grew up castrating hogs on an Iowa farm. So when I get to Washington, I'll know how to cut pork,” Ernst says in the ad, followed by the sound of a pig squealing.

The ad, which was provided exclusively to Breitbart News, will appear in television spots in Iowa. Ernst ends the ad saying, “Washington's full of big spenders. Let's make them squeal.”

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=p9Y24MFOfFU

continued...http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/03/24/IA-Candidate-Touts-Hog-Castrating-Experience-For-Cutting-Pork-Barrel-Spending

tod evans
03-25-2014, 09:56 AM
Gotta give her credit!

I didn't look at her site but I love the analogy...:D

aGameOfThrones
03-25-2014, 09:58 AM
Great, another feminist.

tod evans
03-25-2014, 10:00 AM
Great, another feminist.

Well give me some boobs!

I like the idea of de-nuttin' DC....

aGameOfThrones
03-25-2014, 11:12 AM
I'm worried that she likes cutting anything with balls off.

Guitarzan
03-25-2014, 11:31 AM
She's got some balls.

Barrex
03-25-2014, 12:54 PM
So it looked strange only to me.

Suzanimal
03-25-2014, 01:35 PM

I thought it was kind of weird too. I watched it a few times and I can't really put my finger on it but I didn't like it, I just can't figure out why...

Warrior_of_Freedom
03-25-2014, 01:36 PM
She's got some balls.
YEAH, A WHOLE COLLECTION. BURN HER.

tod evans
03-25-2014, 01:38 PM

I thought it was kind of weird too. I watched it a few times and I can't really put my finger on it but I didn't like it, I just can't figure out why...

Could be the psychotic grin that looks completely unnatural?

Nonetheless, I'm all for turning psycho-broad and her knife loose in DC....:D

Suzanimal
03-25-2014, 01:58 PM
Could be the psychotic grin that looks completely unnatural?

Nonetheless, I'm all for turning psycho-broad and her knife loose in DC....:D

LOL, probably, she looks pretty eager to castrate something.

tod evans
03-25-2014, 03:02 PM
LOL, probably, she looks pretty eager to castrate something.

Best I can tell most of the 'nuts' in DC have been checked at the door, she might have better luck hunting down the lobbyists who have hold of the elected officials nuts...

Wooden Indian
03-25-2014, 03:06 PM

I think it's her smile. It was a little plastic looking. But that might just be because she was nervous and they kept on with the "Big smile, Joni. Big smile!" crap.

fisharmor
03-25-2014, 03:17 PM
How about the fact that she's trivializing the problem?
"What's the best way to get people to realize that their children are being born into insurmountable debt that will result in either their abject slavery or the disintegration of their government....
....I got it! Talk about cutting off pig balls!"

Origanalist
03-25-2014, 03:22 PM
"What's the best way to get people to realize that their children are being born into insurmountable debt that will result in either their abject slavery or the disintegration of their government....

Pig balls FTW!

Warrior_of_Freedom
03-25-2014, 03:22 PM
the whole we're all in a collective debt thing is an orchestrated lie. I don't owe ANYBODY money. If someone takes out a loan in my name without my permission, I don't owe that loan since someone else committed that in fraud. Thank you for your time.

fisharmor
03-25-2014, 03:26 PM
the whole we're all in a collective debt thing is an orchestrated lie. I don't owe ANYBODY money. If someone takes out a loan in my name without my permission, I don't owe that loan since someone else committed that in fraud. Thank you for your time.

Don't get me wrong, I'm right there with you.
I wholeheartedly believe that default isn't just a viable option, it's the BEST option.

I had hoped that my tongue-in-cheek reference to the disintegration of the government (Ok, I lied, that's the best option) would have demonstrated I was attempting to think like a fairly generic military-fellating theocon.

tod evans
03-25-2014, 03:30 PM
Pig balls FTW!

http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/RockyMtnOysters4.jpg

Origanalist
03-25-2014, 03:33 PM
http://whatscookingamerica.net/History/RockyMtnOysters4.jpg

Blood pudding dipping sauce?

tod evans
03-25-2014, 03:35 PM

Probably cocktail sauce?

I like mayo-n-horseradish with my pig-balls....

GunnyFreedom
03-25-2014, 03:40 PM

I'm a little weirded out too, but I will say that saying something bizarre to stick indelibly in the voter's memories is just "politics." As a non-interventionist who opposes the militarization of the police, I have been known to say "That's Bradley, like the Bradley Fighting Vehicle, UUHRAH!" Anything you can do to really stick in memory without pissing off most of the population will help at the ballot box. What this lady does here will stick in people's memories, I guarantee it.

I am not, however, defending it. There is something kinda off about this. My guess is she's probably into kinky sex, and the script gave her horny giggle-fits.

2young2vote
03-25-2014, 08:15 PM
I'm a little weirded out too, but I will say that saying something bizarre to stick indelibly in the voter's memories is just "politics." As a non-interventionist who opposes the militarization of the police, I have been known to say "That's Bradley, like the Bradley Fighting Vehicle, UUHRAH!" Anything you can do to really stick in memory without pissing off most of the population will help at the ballot box. What this lady does here will stick in people's memories, I guarantee it.

I am not, however, defending it. There is something kinda off about this. My guess is she's probably into kinky sex, and the script gave her horny giggle-fits.

Yes. Here in Michigan we voted for a nerd because we need "one tough nerd" to be in office. I'll tell you this - even though I had heard many commercials from many different candidates during the campaign cycle, Rick Snyder was the only one i even knew about other than the libertarian Ken Proctor, and it was all due to his campaign slogan "One Tough Nerd." I actually think that, along with his get-it-done attitude won him the race, not his values and politics.

Edit: and the reason everyone is weirded out is because she is reading a poorly written script and can't properly act it out to make it sound good. Humans can detect fake smiles and emotions very easily.

Henry Rogue
03-25-2014, 08:52 PM
I had to castrate piglets when I was a kid, calves too, and crop the tails on lambs and dehorn calves and snip teeth on piglets. At least the chicks already had their beaks cropped when we got them. I hated those chores, probably why I couldn't wait to get off of the farm.

mtr1979
03-25-2014, 09:50 PM
Can't support her because she is filming inside a hog confinement. Animals were not meant to live in those conditions. I've worked in a hog confinement by the way. Not only are hog confinements bad for the animals. They are bad for the people who work in them. Confinements destroy property values. I made a vow to myself a while back I will never work in a hog confinement again. I'm a hypocrite by the way because I like eating bacon.
Another thing I did a quick five minute google search on Mrs. Ernst and I'm not surprised by what I found.
http://www.joniforiowa.com/u-s-israeli-partnership/
Here is a quote from the above article that I have linked: "As history has proven time and time again, America has no better friend or more loyal ally than she does with Israel."

dannno
03-25-2014, 09:53 PM
Wow I hope I don't end up in the concentration camp run by her..

NorthCarolinaLiberty
03-25-2014, 11:20 PM
Looks like another classic, big government conservetard with a cute gimmick.

fr33
03-25-2014, 11:28 PM
The overall reaction to it is why folks like me wouldn't bother running for office. It's also why "boneless" chicken tenders are what kids eat today.

But I doubt she'd cut much of any spending. She's from Iowa.

thoughtomator
03-25-2014, 11:33 PM

No, there's something not quite right about it. Maybe a bad voiceover? Maybe it's that she's a little too polished to be natural? Getting a little "uncanny valley" feeling.

GunnyFreedom
03-25-2014, 11:34 PM
No, there's something not quite right about it. Maybe a bad voiceover? Maybe it's that she's a little too polished to be natural? Getting a little "uncanny valley" feeling.

I'm telling you, I think she's into kinky sex.

heavenlyboy34
03-25-2014, 11:52 PM
I'm worried that she likes cutting anything with balls off.
castration of farm animals is usually done by using an industrial srtecgth rubber band to cut off blood flow to the testicles. They then whither up and fall off with no cutting necessary. I saw it on "Dirty Jobs" once.

fr33
03-25-2014, 11:57 PM
castration of farm animals is usually done by using an industrial srtecgth rubber band to cut off blood flow to the testicles. They then whither up and fall off with no cutting necessary. I saw it on "Dirty Jobs" once.

Don't believe everything you see on tv. Sure it's done that way but the blade method is done just as much.

oyarde
03-25-2014, 11:59 PM
I do not think people will ever really get that , at least until they are eating cat food and one another , they are not that bright ...

oyarde
03-26-2014, 12:04 AM

ever had any Rocky Mountain Oysters ? LOL . It used to be , years ago , the special @ my local bar on Thurs , all you can eat , free appetizer with beer purchase , he has retired now , place is still there , best chicken wings , still .Glad they kept those .

oyarde
03-26-2014, 12:09 AM

Just slice it thin , it is like tenderloin , some horse radish based cocktail sauce will work , or blue cheese , or dressing of your choice , possibilities are endless ....

2young2vote
03-26-2014, 12:31 AM
Don't believe everything you see on tv. Sure it's done that way but the blade method is done just as much.

I remember seeing an interview with Mike Rowe talking about this issue. He stated that they (the tv people) had confronted some animal rights groups to find what the proper way of doing it was. They said it shouldn't be done at all, but if it must be done then to use the rubber band method. When Mike Rowe was on the scene of one of these places he talked to the worker there about how to do it and the worker almost laughed at him. He put one of those rubber band type things around the animal and the animal immediately began to scream (wouldn't you?) and ran off to a corner where it sat down and ignored everything else going on. The worker told Mike Rowe that it would take a week or more of intense pain and discomfort for the pieces to eventually fall off. The worker then showed Mike the other method where he simply sliced it off with a knife. There were a few minutes of pain, but after only a short amount of time that animal was back to running around and doing its thing, while the other was still sitting in a corner. Mike Rowe said he learned a lesson that day - that the perceived "humane" way of doing something is not always best.

fr33
03-26-2014, 12:37 AM
I remember seeing an interview with Mike Rowe talking about this issue. He stated that they (the tv people) had confronted some animal rights groups to find what the proper way of doing it was. They said it shouldn't be done at all, but if it must be done then to use the rubber band method. When Mike Rowe was on the scene of one of these places he talked to the worker there about how to do it and the worker almost laughed at him. He put one of those rubber band type things around the animal and the animal immediately began to scream (wouldn't you?) and ran off to a corner where it sat down and ignored everything else going on. The worker told Mike Rowe that it would take a week or more of intense pain and discomfort for the pieces to eventually fall off. The worker then showed Mike the other method where he simply sliced it off with a knife. There were a few minutes of pain, but after only a short amount of time that animal was back to running around and doing its thing, while the other was still sitting in a corner. Mike Rowe said he learned a lesson that day - that the perceived "humane" way of doing something is not always best.

Yeah it takes a week or more. The scrotum loses circulation and just rots off from the body. It both stinks, is painful, and wastes meat. That doesn't surprise me that PETA would support the the most painful method.

I've done both of these methods on cattle and I prefer to cut rather than a band. The whole reason the banding is done is to save time and labor. It's easier to do from a processor's standpoint.

Henry Rogue
03-26-2014, 04:38 AM
I've heard of the rubber band method used on calves, but I don't know how it could be used on piglets as the testicles don't protrude from the body at the age we removed them. It's less physical trauma to castrate at a young age than to wait for things to develop and mature.

tod evans
03-26-2014, 05:37 AM
I've heard of the rubber band method used on calves, but I don't know how it could be used on piglets as the testicles don't protrude from the body at the age we removed them. It's less physical trauma to castrate at a young age than to wait for things to develop and mature.

As a young lad I learned to castrate pigs, a sharp knife was used, no rubberbands.

mrsat_98
03-26-2014, 05:41 AM
Wow I hope I don't end up in the concentration camp run by her..

wipes coffee off monitor.

RandallFan
03-26-2014, 07:17 PM
The timing was a dream—Ernst, who was already getting free media (from this site, among other places), was in the right place to start denouncing Braley's now-revealed anti-farmer agenda. While she was getting lightly mocked by The Tonight Show and blogs, she was standing strong with the embattled Iowan farmer.

http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2014/03/26/it_happened_in_january_so_why_did_the_bruce_braley _farmer_gaffe_come_out.html

https://twitter.com/SteveDeaceShow/status/448833537941057537 (http://www.slate.com/blogs/weigel/2014/03/26/it_happened_in_january_so_why_did_the_bruce_braley _farmer_gaffe_come_out.html)

RonPaulFanInGA
03-26-2014, 08:02 PM
I'll Use My Hog Castrating Experience To Help End Pork Barrel Spending

Glad the former House Republican King of Pork, Ron Paul, has retired.

Origanalist
05-05-2014, 09:54 AM
HOG CASTRATING CANDIDATE'S NEW AD: RIDES HARLEY TO GUN RANGE AND 'UNLOADS' ON OBAMACARE

http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Government/2014/05/04/joni-ernst-shooting.jpg

Joni Ernst, the Republican Senate candidate who received national acclaim for a campaign ad touting her background “castrating hogs on an Iowa farm,” rides her Harley Davidson to the gun range for some target practice in her latest spot.
Ernst “carries more than just lipstick in her purse,” a narrator on the ad says, adding that “once she sets her sights on Obamacare, Joni's gonna unload.”
Ernst has a concealed carry permit in Iowa, and according to an Ernst campaign aide, the impressive accuracy wasn't a television trick. Ernst took the shots herself that resulted in a tight spread on the target sheet, the aide said.

It's also her motorcycle in the ad, a Harley Davidson Softail Deluxe.

Ernst is holding a slim lead in the race in public polls despite being significantly outspent by Mark Jacobs, a wealthy businessman. Former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin recently endorsed Ernst and appeared at a rally with her in Iowa a week ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I3mG9fNOZp4

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/05/04/New-Joni-Ernst-Ad