PDA

View Full Version : Aborted babies incinerated to heat UK hospitals

green73
03-24-2014, 07:58 AM
The bodies of thousands of aborted and miscarried babies were incinerated as clinical waste, with some even used to heat hospitals, an investigation has found.

Ten NHS trusts have admitted burning foetal remains alongside other rubbish while two others used the bodies in ‘waste-to-energy’ plants which generate power for heat.

Last night the Department of Health issued an instant ban on the practice which health minister Dr Dan Poulter branded ‘totally unacceptable.’

At least 15,500 foetal remains were incinerated by 27 NHS trusts over the last two years alone, Channel 4’s Dispatches discovered.

cont.
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/10717566/Aborted-babies-incinerated-to-heat-UK-hospitals.html

donnay
03-24-2014, 08:06 AM
Wow...to heat the hospitals! SMDH. Words fail me.

Origanalist
03-24-2014, 08:21 AM
Well, they are very progressive. The Brits are known for being enlightened. I'm sure soylent green wouldn't bother them at all.

JK/SEA
03-24-2014, 08:31 AM
Were they using the same furnaces as Auschwitz did ?....

aGameOfThrones
03-24-2014, 08:38 AM
Knew there was a market for babylogs.

Origanalist
03-24-2014, 08:39 AM
It's for the greater good.

ClydeCoulter
03-24-2014, 08:44 AM
“While the vast majority of hospitals are acting in the appropriate way, that must be the case for all hospitals and the Human Tissue Authority has now been asked to ensure that it acts on this issue without delay.”

donnay
03-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Were they using the same furnaces as Auschwitz did ?....

The British Royal Family has lots of connections to the Nazi's.

Ronin Truth
03-24-2014, 08:50 AM
Isn't incineration at least somewhat more respectful than being stuck forever in a jar of formaldehyde and displayed on some doctor's bookcase shelf? :(

JK/SEA
03-24-2014, 08:52 AM
Isn't incineration at least somewhat more respectful than being stuck forever in a jar of formaldehyde and displayed on some doctor's bookcase shelf? :(

i would expect proper burial at the very least, but evil has no boundaries.

tod evans
03-24-2014, 09:14 AM
This goes here;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mQ2Fhl8ORSE&feature=kp

squarepusher
03-24-2014, 09:25 AM
wow that headline

Danke
03-24-2014, 09:25 AM
Ingenious.

angelatc
03-24-2014, 09:33 AM
You know what? I don't get the outrage. Help me out here. It's ok to kill them, but not to abuse the remains?

Keith and stuff
03-24-2014, 09:39 AM
Seems it was a common practice at government hospitals. Then the media found out. Now the government is claiming fake outrage. Is that going to happen in the US with Obamacareless and other government programs? Eventually maybe all dead people and wild animals will be burned at government hospitals to heat the buildings? It sure seems that's the path the world leaders are on...

ClydeCoulter
03-24-2014, 10:08 AM
You know what? I don't get the outrage. Help me out here. It's ok to kill them, but not to abuse the remains?

I'm not sure it's outrage as much as the reaction to the conscientious surrealism of it all.

Anti Federalist
03-24-2014, 10:37 AM
And not a fuck will be given.

oyarde
03-24-2014, 10:42 AM

Good Lord . What about the people having to put it in there ?

donnay
03-24-2014, 10:44 AM
It's an outrage because it is another step to dehumanize us. Disgusting.

juleswin
03-24-2014, 10:46 AM
This story is likely written by a person who doesn't understand how fire works, the headline might as well read

Watermelons incinerated to heat UK hospitals

Cos a baby would do more dousing of the fire than flaring it up and thereby reducing the amount of heat generated.

Christian Liberty
03-24-2014, 10:54 AM

Well, as a pro-lifer I am outraged. I guess I don't see why the pro-choicers are outraged.

Paulbot99
03-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Well, as a pro-lifer I am outraged. I guess I don't see why the pro-choicers are outraged.

Pro-choicers are often outraged when they're forced to come face to face with reality. It's much easier for them to pigeonhole pro-lifers as religious nutjobs rather than take a good look at abortion.

ladyjade3
03-24-2014, 11:16 AM
Dumb question. Ummm.... what else are they supposed to do with 15,000 fetuses...? It's a pretty macabre story, but... just being a pragmatist here.

JK/SEA
03-24-2014, 12:12 PM
Dumb question. Ummm.... what else are they supposed to do with 15,000 fetuses...? It's a pretty macabre story, but... just being a pragmatist here.

Well i'm positive the UK has zoos. Save some money on lion and tiger food.

how's that for pragmatism for ya...

i mean fuck, they were only going to be humans at one time....who gives a shit right?

Zippyjuan
03-24-2014, 12:19 PM
Must be a mountain of babies if there are enough to heat all of their hospitals with them.

Cremation is a time honored way to deal with the dead.

JK/SEA
03-24-2014, 12:26 PM
Must be a mountain of babies if there are enough to heat all of their hospitals with them.

Cremation is a time honored way to deal with the dead.

cremation today is usually a respectful procedure coupled with a few words by family and friends, not a way to heat your house.

Can i have your legs when you die?....cut em in half, they would fit in my woodstove.

Danke
03-24-2014, 12:43 PM

Exactly. I never understood people's aversion to necrophilia.

I mean cut the mortician some slack, grandma has been dead for days.

VIDEODROME
03-24-2014, 12:53 PM
The parents should get a discount on their own heating bill for helping to heat the hospital.

Zippyjuan
03-24-2014, 12:58 PM
cremation today is usually a respectful procedure coupled with a few words by family and friends, not a way to heat your house.

Can i have your legs when you die?....cut em in half, they would fit in my woodstove.

You can have my legs if you can take them!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zKhEw7nD9C4

VIDEODROME
03-24-2014, 01:05 PM
You must spread some Reputation around before giving it to Zippyjuan again.

Antischism
03-24-2014, 01:12 PM
Don't really see the problem here.

Lucille
03-24-2014, 01:37 PM
What in the bluedilly fuck is wrong with you people who see no problem with this? I expect that contrarian bullshit from that dumbass statist ZippyJeffry, because that's what he's paid to do, but the rest of you are some sick SOBs too.

The programme, which will air tonight, found that parents who lose children in early pregnancy were often treated without compassion and were not consulted about what they wanted to happen to the remains.

I suppose that's what happens when babies in utero are considered nothing but tissue until they exit the birth canal, doctors are bureaucrats, and people are property of the state.

heavenlyboy34
03-24-2014, 01:44 PM
Exactly. I never understood people's aversion to necrophilia.

I mean cut the mortician some slack, grandma has been dead for days.
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_wAxDMfEGhoY/TLOVnpZzzoI/AAAAAAAAAVE/JSuh_GX59Ks/s1600/Not+Sure+if+serious.jpg
You really can be disturbing sometimes...

Vanguard101
03-24-2014, 01:45 PM
This is atrocious

PaulConventionWV
03-24-2014, 01:50 PM

Doesn't it depend on who's outraged against this?

Also, while we're both here, would you care to tell me why you refused to answer my questions a couple weeks back when you demanded I set the discussion parameters and I did, then you refused to talk? Why do you dislike honest discussions? How do you keep a stable mind knowing how intellectually dishonest you are?

Todd
03-24-2014, 01:53 PM
i would expect proper burial at the very least, but evil has no boundaries.

burial would entail that the baby be defined as such and be labeled a human being rather than a tissue mass.

PRB
03-24-2014, 01:59 PM
The British Royal Family has lots of connections to the Nazi's.

that explains why they were on the opposite sides of WW2.

puppetmaster
03-24-2014, 02:00 PM

This......let's murder babies and give them a nice burial....sick fucking world.

PRB
03-24-2014, 02:06 PM

agreed, what do aborting parents thing they're used for? fertilizer? dog food?

JK/SEA
03-24-2014, 02:10 PM
This......let's murder babies and give them a nice burial....sick fucking world.

you're missing the point, but then again, those that support abortion are a special kind of sick.

ladyjade3
03-24-2014, 02:17 PM
I mean, show me that the hospitals are purposefully killing babies IN ORDER TO heat their facility, and I get the outrage. But come on. This is a little bit silly. I get being upset about all the abortions taking place, but once they're gone, they are gone. And this story makes no differentiation between abortions and miscarriages... If some women want the remains of their miscarriages and the hospital says "No, I'm sorry, we have an incinerator to feed and bills to pay" then, yeah, that's some outrage. But the given information doesn't really add anything to my feelings about abortion.

PRB
03-24-2014, 02:19 PM
I mean, show me that the hospitals are purposefully killing babies IN ORDER TO heat their facility, and I get the outrage. But come on. This is a little bit silly. I get being upset about all the abortions taking place, but once they're gone, they are gone. And this story makes no differentiation between abortions and miscarriages... If some women want the remains of their miscarriages and the hospital says "No, I'm sorry, we have an incinerator to feed and bills to pay" then, yeah, that's some outrage. But the given information doesn't really add anything to my feelings about abortion.

exactly.

Pericles
03-24-2014, 03:21 PM

Besides, solves the problem of what to do with grandma.

gwax23
03-24-2014, 03:27 PM
This is vile

aGameOfThrones
03-24-2014, 03:35 PM
Besides, solves the problem of what to do with grandma.

Any last wish grandma? Remember to turn me when I'm in the fire.

LibForestPaul
03-24-2014, 05:57 PM
burial would entail that the baby be defined as such and be labeled a human being rather than a tissue mass.
Too many pro-abortion heads would implode.

2young2vote
03-24-2014, 06:41 PM
Infinitely renewable energy source, anyone?

Get paid for your aborted fetuses, NOW. INSTANT CASH. Rates start $.50 for first trimester, all the way up to $10.00 for two weeks post-birth.

It's scary to think that this is the world we are living in, right now. Humanity has not improved its moral compass for thousands of years, yet we continue to consolidate power in the same entities that have caused nearly every war in history - government.

idiom
03-24-2014, 08:55 PM

There is an excellent comic called Arsenic lullabies. Its many stories include a witch doctor who has a zombie army of fetuses. He steals them from the local abortion clinic. He has to break the padlocks on the bins, remarking on the irony that they are only in there because they are unwanted.

idiom
03-25-2014, 01:25 AM
Infinitely renewable energy source, anyone?

Get paid for your aborted fetuses, NOW. INSTANT CASH. Rates start $.50 for first trimester, all the way up to $10.00 for two weeks post-birth.

It's scary to think that this is the world we are living in, right now. Humanity has not improved its moral compass for thousands of years, yet we continue to consolidate power in the same entities that have caused nearly every war in history - government.

We have improved some. At least your cadavers are being traded on a free market and are not under the control of guilds or warlords.

Its true we have some way to go, you can't buy futures in cadavers as far as I know. Yet.

MRK
03-25-2014, 03:10 AM
So this is one of the green organization recycling policies I keep hearing about.