PDA

View Full Version : Face to face with Peoria Co PD

belian78
03-23-2014, 01:34 AM
I realize this isn't a "political" thread, but still wanted to share my run in with the county boys tonight on my way home.

I admit I was speeding, but that's just normal for this stretch of highway, but just so happens there's a pair going head to toe and they pull out after me.

I pull over and wait for them to approach before getting my wallet, no sudden movements and all, the one that pulled me over approached my side, and the secondary officer from the other car on my passenger side.

I gave my drivers license and insurance to the officer and he states he pulled me over for speeding, which I didn't respond to. He asked me where I was coming from, to which I replied "Am I being detained officer?". He replies "No, I'm just asking where you're coming from." I told him that no disrespect but if he was going to ticket me for speeding to do so, or I'd like to be on my way of I wasn't being detained. At this point the officer I was speaking to went back to his squadcar, and I looked over and waved to the secondary officer. He actually waved back, I got a kick out of it.

The officer then brought my ID back and gave me a 'verbal warning, slow it down'. Then I was on my way. It was one of the very coolest, but most nerve-wracking experiences of my life. I always wondered how I'd react in that situation, now I know! LoL

tod evans
03-23-2014, 01:37 AM
You're lucky to have escaped unscathed!

unknown
03-23-2014, 01:53 AM
"Am I being detained".

Such simple words, but IMHO, it takes a lot of courage to speak them in today's environment.

belian78
03-23-2014, 01:55 AM
I realize it coulda went much worse, much much worse in fact. But really I wasn't going to play the game and start answering questions. I was amazed they just kinda rolled with it.