PDA

View Full Version : Realistically, can the bill allowing Rand to run for Senate and President pass?

TaftFan
03-22-2014, 09:40 PM
I feel like Rand is counting on it. It did pass the state senate. Trouble is, it has to go through the Democratic-held state house and Democratic governor.

Does Rand know something we don't?

CPUd
03-22-2014, 09:49 PM
I feel like Rand is counting on it. It did pass the state senate. Trouble is, it has to go through the Democratic-held state house and Democratic governor.

Does Rand know something we don't?

I think in KY they can override a veto with a simple majority, but the governor hasn't given any indication that is his intention to veto. It will pass the House if their whip is on board. In the end, I think they will see it to be in the best interests of all Kentuckians if they send one of their own to the White House.

tsai3904
03-22-2014, 10:33 PM
I doubt the House will take it up but if Kentuckians really like Rand, Republicans can use this as an issue to try to win the House next year.

Brett85
03-22-2014, 10:42 PM
Has their Democratic Governor said whether he would sign the bill or not?

JRegs85
03-23-2014, 08:51 AM
I don't think it's that big of a deal. KY law says that a person cannot appear on the same ballot as a Senate candidate and a Presidential candidate. So Rand Paul would just appear as a Senate candidate in KY and a Presidential candidate in the remaining 49 states. And by the time KY votes in the GOP primary Rand Paul either will be or won't be the inevitable nominee.

CPUd
03-23-2014, 08:53 AM
Yeah, even if it doesn't pass, there are some creative ways around it.

Tywysog Cymru
03-23-2014, 01:00 PM
Thomas Massie couldrecieve the electorl votes in Kentucky and give them to Rand.

Crashland
03-23-2014, 02:24 PM
Yeah, even if it doesn't pass, there are some creative ways around it.

Like maybe taking it to court? Idk, but it is better if it passes because the harder Rand has to try, the worse it looks.

erowe1
03-23-2014, 02:58 PM
I doubt that Rand is counting on it.

CPUd
03-23-2014, 03:47 PM
Like maybe taking it to court? Idk, but it is better if it passes because the harder Rand has to try, the worse it looks.

If he makes it all the way to be the nominee, it would make Kentucky look bad, too. They wouldn't have to take it to court. KY will vote GOP no matter who is on the ticket, that's why it's in everyone's best interest to pass it. Right now, they are stinking it up for the press to see if they can get anything for voting for it.

They could switch the names on the ticket, as long as the Electors vote for Rand.

erowe1
03-23-2014, 03:49 PM
If he makes it all the way to be the nominee, it would make Kentucky look bad, too.

If that happened then I assume he just wouldn't run for Senate.

Crashland
03-23-2014, 04:00 PM
They could switch the names on the ticket, as long as the Electors vote for Rand.

LOL yes I hadn't thought of that. That sounds really stupid but I don't think there would be any way to stop them from doing that. Rand Paul for Senate and John Smith for President, where all of John Smith's electors will vote for Rand haha. You could even try to have John Smith legally change his name to Rand Paul so there is no confusion. but that would be going overboard...