PDA

View Full Version : New site! RonPaulStances.com

drexhex
11-30-2007, 02:53 PM
www.ronpaulstances.com

Just finished up making my new website for Ron Paul. It has a collection of the videos on youtube for his stances along with the stances themselves.

Please let me know what you think of the site!

Also, if you want to promote it, "Where do YOU stand?" is what I was thinking when I came up with the idea.

www.ronpaulstances.com

disciple
11-30-2007, 02:57 PM
Great job; and very practical.

drexhex
11-30-2007, 03:12 PM
Thanks! Everyone I've given it to likes it, so I figured I'd put it on here =)

Also, http://www.digg.com/political_opinion/One_stop_site_for_Ron_Paul_s_stances

Austin
11-30-2007, 03:17 PM
Very simple and to the point. I love it.

Dutch
11-30-2007, 03:19 PM
Great site, well done!

Dutch

robert4rp08
11-30-2007, 03:27 PM
lovely. nice job!

drexhex
11-30-2007, 03:31 PM
Awesome, glad you guys like it. I need some help, though, finding his view on certain things (and adding more!)

I'm looking for the following:
Animal Rights
Capitalism
Child Labor
Consumer Culture
Homelessness (what he wants to do about it)
Literacy and Language Issues (English as official language?)
Media
Welfare

Also, if you find any videos that are better than the ones I have on there, please let me know. This was a one-man job so far, so give it time to improve =)

Thanks,
Eric (DrexHex)

nevildev
11-30-2007, 03:33 PM
This is awesome, exactly what I was looking for! Having video clips of Ron Paul speaking on the issues is MUCH MORE powerful than seeing it in writing.

literatim
11-30-2007, 03:48 PM
Just a note. The movie you have under abortion also explains stem cell research.

Homeschooling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQP5KVM5tB8

Isupportliberty
11-30-2007, 03:49 PM
Perhaps you could also include links to his writings at http://www.ronpaullibrary.org

Sey.Naci
11-30-2007, 03:50 PM
What a terrific site! I'll be adding it to my forum signature.

drexhex
11-30-2007, 03:51 PM
Just a note. The movie you have under abortion also explains stem cell research.

Homeschooling
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nQP5KVM5tB8

I have Homeschooling under Educational Reform. I'll make it Homeschooling/Educational Reform.

Thanks for the stem cell research thing too.

drexhex
11-30-2007, 03:52 PM
Perhaps you could also include links to his writings at http://www.ronpaullibrary.org

Excellent idea, I'll get started on that once I update the database as I said in the above post.

Indy Vidual
11-30-2007, 03:57 PM
Please, stop asking for clicks, or Google Adsense will be very quick to ban you.
It is very much against their TOS.

drexhex
11-30-2007, 04:03 PM
Please, stop asking for clicks, or Google Adsense will be very quick to ban you.
It is very much against their TOS.

Thanks. Fixed first post.

bp2519
11-30-2007, 04:10 PM
hey drexhex, I really like your site!

I have one suggestion and that would be to add links to newsletters and speeches to congress gives by RP at www.ronpaullibrary.org underneath your videos to more indepth information on his stances. That site is truly amazing and his speeches and newsletters are greate for the average citizen.

Well done!

drexhex
11-30-2007, 04:20 PM
hey drexhex, I really like your site!

I have one suggestion and that would be to add links to newsletters and speeches to congress gives by RP at www.ronpaullibrary.org underneath your videos to more indepth information on his stances. That site is truly amazing and his speeches and newsletters are greate for the average citizen.

Well done!

Thanks, and someone already suggested that above (and I answered too=P)

I'll get around to it on Sunday (show tonight - Stephen Lynch, going home tomorrow and then coming back on Sunday).

Energy
11-30-2007, 04:23 PM
Great job and it's a good start.

For the videos, I would try out autoplaying the videos and see how that goes. You can do that by adding this:

&autoplay=1

at the end of the youtube link. Example:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wIivoqLbeeg&autoplay=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wIivoqLbeeg&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

drexhex
11-30-2007, 04:26 PM
Great job and it's a good start.

For the videos, I would try out autoplaying the videos and see how that goes. You can do that by adding this:

&autoplay=1

at the end of the youtube link. Example:

<object width="425" height="355"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/wIivoqLbeeg&autoplay=1"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/wIivoqLbeeg&autoplay=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>

Testing now.

EDIT:
It works. Thanks!

eric_cartman
11-30-2007, 04:36 PM
loved the site. i love how ron paul can explain every issue so well, and never dodges the questions like the other candidates.

if you're looking for suggestions, i have a few:

what's great about the site is that it's so simple, so i like how there's just 1 video to watch. but maybe you could have a button underneath that said "more videos", which opens up a page that's identical except has a long list of youtube videos about the topic. because with this, most people's biggest issue is the iraq war, and they'll want to hear him speak on that, and will only hear a short clip, whereas other topics have longer videos on issues that are more likely to divide.

and the other suggestion is that the list of stances starts at abortion. i would say that i always considered myself pro-choice... but after hearing ron paul explain the issue, i accept his position that state's should decide, certainly shouldn't fund abortion, and that 3rd trimester abortions should be a crime (except if necessary for health concerns for the mother of course)... but again, states making the decisions is best for everyone.

but with this issue, aborition, people feel very strongly one way or the other. most people will never change that opinion. even if most people listen to what ron paul thinks, they will probably never change their mind, since everyone thinks you must either be one or the other... left or right... pro-life or pro-choice etc. so i don't think it's good to have the first topic as abortion, since it's such a split issue, where it will alienate the pro-choice people.

since i believe his campaign is centered on his position on the immediate withdrawal from iraq, would you be able to make that the default selected choice when you visit the website, then when you click the list of issues, they are still presented in alphabetical order, and you can scroll up to get to the other issues.

but ya, i love the site. it's a great idea.

drexhex
11-30-2007, 04:51 PM
loved the site. i love how ron paul can explain every issue so well, and never dodges the questions like the other candidates.

if you're looking for suggestions, i have a few:

what's great about the site is that it's so simple, so i like how there's just 1 video to watch. but maybe you could have a button underneath that said "more videos", which opens up a page that's identical except has a long list of youtube videos about the topic. because with this, most people's biggest issue is the iraq war, and they'll want to hear him speak on that, and will only hear a short clip, whereas other topics have longer videos on issues that are more likely to divide.

and the other suggestion is that the list of stances starts at abortion. i would say that i always considered myself pro-choice... but after hearing ron paul explain the issue, i accept his position that state's should decide, certainly shouldn't fund abortion, and that 3rd trimester abortions should be a crime (except if necessary for health concerns for the mother of course)... but again, states making the decisions is best for everyone.

but with this issue, aborition, people feel very strongly one way or the other. most people will never change that opinion. even if most people listen to what ron paul thinks, they will probably never change their mind, since everyone thinks you must either be one or the other... left or right... pro-life or pro-choice etc. so i don't think it's good to have the first topic as abortion, since it's such a split issue, where it will alienate the pro-choice people.

since i believe his campaign is centered on his position on the immediate withdrawal from iraq, would you be able to make that the default selected choice when you visit the website, then when you click the list of issues, they are still presented in alphabetical order, and you can scroll up to get to the other issues.

but ya, i love the site. it's a great idea.

I'm not sure if I like your idea or not. I see what you mean, but speaking on a purely user interface perspective, I think scrolling down through items and starting in the "A's" is the most user-friendly. Other than that, I would.

Thanks for your opinion and advice, though. It is greatly appreciated.

drexhex
11-30-2007, 05:19 PM
Bump for great justice

Shin505
11-30-2007, 05:32 PM
Awesome work out the site OP. Easy to use feature allowing you to hear Ron's policies from the man himself.