PDA

View Full Version : Now they're going after rubber bands.

RJB
03-22-2014, 09:05 AM
I was browsing for knives and I ran across this rubber band gun I had as a kid. It seems they will neither ship the rubber bands nor the rubber band gun to CA and MA. I'm guessing the company has a blanket policy against shipping anything to these... states. This struck me as both extremely funny and extremely sad. :rolleyes:

http://www.knifecave.com/fantasy/store/products/Trumark/Trumark%C2%AE+MAG3+SnapShot%C2%AE+Rubber+Band+Gun+ Ammo/TUMAG3.html
http://www.knifecave.com/fantasy/store/products/Trumark/Trumark%C2%AE+MAG45+SnapShot%C2%AE+Rubber+Band+Gun/TUMAG45.html

home | rubberband | product details

Trumark® MAG3 SnapShot® Rubber Band Gun Ammo

This item is restricted in MA,CA.

Description

·MAG3 SnapShot® Rubber Band Gun Ammo
·(18) count
·Rubber construction
·For use with SnapShop® rubber band guns only
SnapShot® Rubber Band Gun, sold seperately: #TUMAG45

Origanalist
03-22-2014, 09:08 AM
"This item known to cause bodily harm in the (mental)state of california.

Carson
03-22-2014, 09:26 AM
I was browsing for knives and I ran across this rubber band gun I had as a kid. It seems they will neither ship the rubber bands nor the rubber band gun to CA and MA. I'm guessing the company has a blanket policy against shipping anything to these... states. This struck me as both extremely funny and extremely sad. :rolleyes:

http://www.knifecave.com/fantasy/store/products/Trumark/Trumark%C2%AE+MAG3+SnapShot%C2%AE+Rubber+Band+Gun+ Ammo/TUMAG3.html
http://www.knifecave.com/fantasy/store/products/Trumark/Trumark%C2%AE+MAG45+SnapShot%C2%AE+Rubber+Band+Gun/TUMAG45.html

I remember when they first started infringing on the selling of functioning guns in magazines. Mad Magazine had an ad in the column over on the side of the page for German Luger's without firing pins.

Down a couple of ads was an ad for German Luger firing pins.

Did you look further down the page?:D

Zippyjuan
03-22-2014, 06:07 PM
Ho Ho Ho.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48DN8QWVAJg

enoch150
03-22-2014, 07:17 PM
Wow. I had a teacher in high school who used to shoot sleeping students with a rubber band gun if they were in the middle rows. If they were in front he'd slam a yardstick ruler on their desk. He broke several every year. If they were in the back he'd throw chalk filled erasers at their heads.

He was also known to keep a loaded gun in his Mustang, which he parked 20 feet from his classroom door.

presence
03-22-2014, 07:34 PM
If you have trouble importing rubber bands into California or Massachusetts shoot me an email...

rpfpresence @ gmail.com

I'll smuggle you a pack.

DamianTV
03-22-2014, 07:37 PM
So 100% of all rubberbands that exist in Califoria are Smuggled in?

What the fuck has this world come to? Our Fed and State Govts accuse us of being paranoid, maybe they should go look in the mirror...

Carson
03-22-2014, 08:30 PM
Wow. I had a teacher in high school who used to shoot sleeping students with a rubber band gun if they were in the middle rows. If they were in front he'd slam a yardstick ruler on their desk. He broke several every year. If they were in the back he'd throw chalk filled erasers at their heads.

He was also known to keep a loaded gun in his Mustang, which he parked 20 feet from his classroom door.

Him I respect.

I'm hearing weird zero tolerance stuff going down now I disdain.

Carson
03-22-2014, 08:37 PM
I remember nailing my best friend with a little red rubber band while we were folding papers for delivery. Got him right in the eyeball. His head went back and sort of seemed froze there in time for a bit with the rubber band partially stuck under his eyelid. He was pissed.

Luckily he didn't kill me.

Good times...

so naturally I reminded of my older brothers and sneaking out my oldest brothers chemistry set. It was a huge one. Even for them.

I was young, maybe four or five and had played with it with them before. I snuck it out and was running an experiment. I had some sort of fluid corked in a test tube and was heating it on the alcohol burner waiting for it to blow. My other brother opened the bedroom door a crack and looked in and busted me. Right then the cork blew and nailed him in the groin. My head followed that cork as did his. That was another time that time stood still for a eon. Finally the cork dropped out of suspended animation and the scolding mixed with laughter started.

I thought I was in big trouble but nothing ever really came out of it. Sometimes family is weird that way.

ClydeCoulter
03-22-2014, 08:59 PM
Ha, @Carson, you started bringing memories back to me.

One time, my brothers and I were playing in the yard. I saw a snake and jump to grab it, and just as I landed both hands on it, my little brother swung a hoe to kill it. The hoe hit me across the hand just below the knuckles. I bled like a stuck pig for a few seconds, and the look on my brothers eyes was priceless. I was fine, just ran it under the cold water to get the blood to clot. But I think my little brother thought he had killed me or something, at first. :D

Carson
03-22-2014, 09:14 PM
Ha, @Carson, you started bringing memories back to me.

One time, my brothers and I were playing in the yard. I saw a snake and jump to grab it, and just as I landed both hands on it, my little brother swung a hoe to kill it. The hoe hit me across the hand just below the knuckles. I bled like a stuck pig for a few seconds, and the look on my brothers eyes was priceless. I was fine, just ran it under the cold water to get the blood to clot. But I think my little brother thought he had killed me or something, at first. :D

Your snake story reminded me of a snake story.

We were at a swimming hole in the mountains. Some were climbing a cliff to dive. One of them yelled, "SNAKE!" and dove off of the cliff. I thought the snake was up there. It turned out he spotted it swimming below in the swimming hole. He came up with it and was climbing out and I said, "What kind is it?" He looked and threw that snake so hard against the ground that it bounced like it was made out of rubber. Then he said with disgust, "A stink snake!"

The hoe part reminds me of a time the police ordered me to,"Drop the hoe." I did but I was laughing...but that is another story.

Dr.3D
03-22-2014, 09:15 PM
Just more evidence of a government perpetuated ammunition shortage.

ClydeCoulter
03-22-2014, 09:18 PM

Do rubber bands have a gauge? I mean, there are skinny and fat ones, some have different elastic strength, etc...

What gauge rubber bands do you use? :D

Dr.3D
03-22-2014, 09:19 PM
Do rubber bands have a gauge? I mean, there are skinny and fat ones, some have different elastic strength, etc...

What gauge rubber bands do you use? :D
I like those big wide ones the postal carrier puts around my mail. The United States Post Office has the very best ammo. Other than that, the ones you find around asparagus work pretty good too.

RJB
03-22-2014, 09:20 PM
Maybe Homeland Security is stocking up on them as well.

Carson
03-22-2014, 09:44 PM

Really. You can't hoard something that was never there in the first place.

XNavyNuke
03-23-2014, 06:31 AM
Snapshot is black and has a trigger, that's all TPTB need to know. It's to protect the children from being shot by the LEO sheepdog/wolves.

XNN