PDA

View Full Version : Planned Parenthood's Margaret Sanger Award Goes to Nancy Pelosi

Origanalist
03-21-2014, 11:36 PM
http://cdn.breitbart.com/mediaserver/Breitbart/Big-Government/2014/Congress/House-Democrats/nancy-pelosi-black-background-ap.jpg

(CNSNews.com) – Next week, the Planned Parenthood Federation of America will present House Minority Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-Calif.) with the Margaret Sanger Award. The award is the group’s “highest honor” and is named for a woman who believed in breeding better humans through eugenics.

Planned Parenthood is the nation's leading abortion provider, having performed 327,166 of the procedures in 2012, according to its latest annual report.

Pelosi, a Catholic, will receive the Margaret Sanger Award at the PPFA’s annual gala in Washington, D.C. on Mar. 27. She is being honored, according to PPFA, because of her “leadership, excellence, and outstanding contributions to the reproductive health and rights movement over the course of her career.”

Planned Parenthood, according to its website, traces its origins to 1916 when Sanger opened a birth control office in Brooklyn, N.Y. (In 1917, she started publishing The Birth Control Review.) In 1923, Sanger opened the Birth Control Clinical Research Bureau in Manhattan to provide contraceptives to women and collect data on their effectiveness.

In 1922, Sanger incorporated the American Birth Control League, a group designed to address issues such as "world population growth, disarmament, and world famine." The American Birth Control League subsequently merged with the Birth Control Clinical Research Bureau and later became the Planned Parenthood Federation of America in 1942.

In 1921, Margaret Sanger wrote an essay entitled “Eugenic Value of Birth Control Propaganda," which was published in the Oct. 5 edition of The Birth Control Review.

In the article, Sanger expressed her support for eugenics, which is defined in the Merriam-Webster dictionary as “a science that tries to improve the human race by controlling which people become parents,” and which is broadly defined as the practice of selective breeding and sterilization to “improve” the genetics of a human population.

Sanger states in this essay that eugenics at that time had been subject to “the cruel ridicule of stupidity and ignorance.”

“Today, eugenics is suggested by the most diverse minds as the most adequate and thorough avenue to the solution of racial, political and social problems,” Sanger wrote. “The most intransigent and daring teachers and scientists have lent their support to this great biological interpretation of the human race.”

Sanger goes on to write: “In the limited space of the present paper, I have time only to touch upon some of the fundamental convictions that form the basis of our Birth Control propaganda, and which, as I think you must agree, indicate that the campaign for Birth Control is not merely of eugenic value, but is practically identical in ideal with the final aims of Eugenics.”

The essay goes on to state: “As an advocate of Birth Control, I wish to take advantage of the present opportunity to point out that the unbalance between the birth rate of the ‘unfit’ and the ‘fit,’ admittedly the greatest present menace to civilization, can never be rectified by the inauguration of a cradle competition between these two classes.

“In this matter, the example of the inferior classes, the fertility of the feeble-minded, the mentally defective, the poverty-stricken classes, should not be held up for emulation to the mentally and physically fit though less fertile parents of the educated and well-to-do classes.

“On the contrary," Sanger continued, "the most urgent problem today is how to limit and discourage the over-fertility of the mentally and physically defective.

“Birth Control,” she wrote, “is not advanced as a panacea by which past and present evils of dysgenic breeding can be magically eliminated.

“Possibly drastic and Spartan methods may be forced upon society if it continues complacently to encourage the chance and chaotic breeding that has resulted from our stupidly cruel sentimentalism,” Sanger wrote.
continued...
- See more at: http://cnsnews.com/news/article/penny-starr/pelosi-receive-planned-parenthood-award-honoring-eugenicist#sthash.gndr16Mv.dpuf

kcchiefs6465
03-22-2014, 12:01 AM
//

Nancy Pelosi deserves it.

Spikender
03-22-2014, 12:03 AM
As much as I would like to call Pelosi as insane Sanger was, I can't do that.

Mini-Me
03-22-2014, 12:08 AM
It's hilarious how mentally defective people such as Sanger thought they were in a position of determining on any level (let alone a broad-brush collectivist level) who was and wasn't mentally fit to reproduce. Correction: Replace all instances of past tense with present tense. The idiocracy starts from the top down.

//

Nancy Pelosi deserves it.
I actually liked your original comment, but I suppose your edited comment is a bit more to the point. :)